New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ok kaya ito? Saw one in chevy commonwealth, ang ganda, mas mura pa sa camry, mazda 6 at accord, busog pa sa features. Ang tanong pano in the future ang piyesa? May supporta kaya?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Yan ba yung color maroon sir? Tagal nang nakadisplay yan pero ganda talaga.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Malibu is quite a nice car in the US. I assume that's the same version they have here.

Even there it's cheaper than its Japanese competition (Camry, Accord, Maxima) despite having a good kit. But also even there its reliability is not as good as its Jap competition. Not a problem for me since I was only getting a rental, and that was a hoot to drive on freeways.

Might be quite different here considering we have lovely and open roads You might not like the fuel consumption, but maybe some of the toys will interest you.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Its a nice car. But I hope they rename it. 'Coz pagnakaroon ito ng G variant like the camry, magiging Chevy MalibuG ito.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Got to drive it last November when Chevy Phils organized a test drive event for Chevy Club and Trailblazer Club.

Acceleration is good and smooth, comparable to the Sonata even though the paper specs says that it's 11 hp weaker than the Hyundai.

Ride wise, its supple and comfortable, almost Camry like.

Handling, same as the Camry but tackles corners well naman.

For me, this is next to the Mazda 6 in terms of value for money. At 1.498M pesos and very feature packed, sobrang sulit siya Its buyers won't regret owning one

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Piyesa ang concern ko rito...gusto sana ni erpats to, magrereseve na sana pero pinigilan ko, baka sumakit ang ulo nila.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Is this American CBU, if so then good luck. I'm not saying American cars are not durable. I'm just saying American cars driven on Philippine setting, so expensive ...

I'd rather get the Mz6 or Camry.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Piyesa ang concern ko rito...gusto sana ni erpats to, magrereseve na sana pero pinigilan ko, baka sumakit ang ulo nila.
    Quote Originally Posted by fitdrive View Post
    Is this American CBU, if so then good luck. I'm not saying American cars are not durable. I'm just saying American cars driven on Philippine setting, so expensive ...

I'd rather get the Mz6 or Camry.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    The Malibu sold here by Chevrolet dealers is a CBU sourced from GM's assembly plant in South Korea. It is the same assembly plant which manufactures the Cruze, Spark and Orlando. It also manufactures the Trax, which will be the rival of the Ford EcoSport if it will released here in the Philippines. The Malibu therefore is a Korean CBU just like the Sonata and the Optima. Parts won't be that hard

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ Hope they'll be more available, and at lower prices.

I'd take a wait and see approach on the Malibu that they release here. It's cool that it's going to make it to our shores though.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    ^^ Hope they'll be more available, and at lower prices.

I'd take a wait and see approach on the Malibu that they release here. It's cool that it's going to make it to our shores though.
    It's already here. Price is 1,498,888 pesos. Some of its features are:
    - 7 inch touchscreen monitor w/ GPS Navigation, DVD, AUX and USB Audio/Video input (according to Chevrolet Philippines it's MyLink)
    - Electronic push type parking brake
    - Stability and Traction Control
    - 6 airbags
    - Push start/stop engine button
    - 2.4L ECOTEC Dual VVT engine
    Last edited by numbah5; March 10th, 2014 at 08:12 PM.