New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    We bought a Chevrolet Traverse last January:

We've been looking around for a family hauler but didn't want a van. We wanted an AWD for safety and so that it can go anywhere. When we saw the Traverse, it immediately got our nod. It seats 8 passengers without cramping themselves and a very generous baggage room in the trunk. In fact, it had the most baggage compartment space compared to all the other crossovers that we had checked out.

With a bumper-to-bumper warranty for 100,000 miles and a 5-year warranty on the tranny, it was an offer that nobody could resist!

Interior pictures (from edmunds.com, too cold outside to get actual pics of our Traverse):

Thank you for viewing!

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    [quote=littlebadboy;1425007]We bought a Chevrolet Traverse last January:

Very Nice! Will this be the same model chevy will release here in the Philippines, instead of the 2010 Captiva?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rondiz09 View Post
    Very Nice! Will this be the same model chevy will release here in the Philippines, instead of the 2010 Captiva?
    I checked out the Captiva pictures, it kind of looks different... I wonder if they share the same frame or something.

Thank you!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebadboy View Post
    I checked out the Captiva pictures, it kind of looks different... I wonder if they share the same frame or something.

Thank you!
    The Captiva is not related to the much larger Traverse (similar length to the Tahoe and standard wheelbase Expedition).
    The closest relatives of the Captiva in the US lineup is the Equinox and the discontinued Saturn Vue.
    Captiva and Vue: GM Theta platform SWB
    Equinox: GM Theta platform LWB
    Traverse: GM Lambda platform
    Last edited by AG4; February 27th, 2010 at 12:00 AM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    The Captiva is not related to the much larger Traverse (similar length to the Tahoe and standard wheelbase Expedition).
    The closest relatives of the Captiva in the US lineup is the Equinox and the discontinued Saturn Vue.
    Captiva and Vue: GM Theta platform SWB
    Equinox: GM Theta platform LWB
    Traverse: GM Lambda platform
    Thank you for the info AG4! Yeah the Equinox, although different from the Traverse, they call them siblings here in the US.

What is SWB and LWB?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebadboy View Post
    Thank you for the info AG4! Yeah the Equinox, although different from the Traverse, they call them siblings here in the US.

What is SWB and LWB?
    SWB = short wheelbase
    LWB = long wheelbase

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    looks like we got the same color and model. But mine is 1 yr old.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by deadduckwalking View Post
    looks like we got the same color and model. But mine is 1 yr old.
    That's nice to know! I love the Traverse! Where you at?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yahoo car editors recommend the Traverse for 2010!

Chevrolet Traverse