New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I phoned up GM Philippines, and was inquiring about their new vehicles. They told me that this February, they will be introducing the 04' Trailblazer here.

What do you guys think of this SUV?

I already did a comparo on its size. Its slightly LARGER than our Trooper.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    competes directly with the gen3 pajero and LC120 Prado... not really in the same class as the Patrol, Expedition, and Land Cruiser.

check out edmunds.com and car and driver and other sites for reviews

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I check out edmunds.com from time to time, pero I found out na hindi magandang basehan yan for us. Yung may bad reviews sa kanila OK naman dito, and vice-versa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    definitely, kasi iba naman yung configuration ng mga local units. pero itong mga bagong SUVs would be practically the same spec as the US models na for the most part (except for the optional parts and packages like the Z71 off-road package for GM trucks), lalo na yung interior.

besides, you won't find any review of the trailblazer locally, so you really have no other choice but to turn to US publications at this time. anyway, it should be enough to give you a pretty good preliminary evaluation of the vehicle.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You've got a good point there.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    mga peeps, i read in one us mag na stop na ang selling ng blazers sa states. a friend of mine(dealer of gm autos) told me that next year they'll be coming out with the blazers. these are old models unlike the trailblazers na mas bago. 2 variants; one from n. america and the other one is asian production. definitely mas mahal ang n. am version and because of its price mas maraming features. expect na mauuna ang mga blazers before the trailblazers here. as usual tambakan tyo ng mga old models para maubos.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kailan ka ba naman nakakita ng local publication na nagcriticize ng local release na sasakyan? Siyempre halos wala kasi sipsip karamihan ng mga journalist sa mga manufacturers kung hindi walang magpapahiram sa kanila ng test unit. hehehehe.

Si mbt lang ata ang kilala kong frank at to the point kung mag-review ng sasakyan. Kung pangit talagang sasabunin niya. Unlike those guys in the newspaper and that big fat guy on TV.

BTTT, the Trailblazer is a truck-based SUV but its empasis is more on people and cargo hauling rather the all terrain ability. Whereas most Japanese midsize SUV's are still tuned for all terrain use (perfect for people like me who are waiting for these trucks to get old enough to be wheeled).

Isn't the Trailblazer, the Blazer with the longer center section grafted on to fit in third row seats? The proportions look kinda dinky. The original Blazer had better proportions.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ang ganda ng V6 nun.

pang-anak ng congressman ang blazer..hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto ba yan?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's ok - my friend has one.

as you might expect from an american suv - it has plenty of power (torque), lots of space, and gulps gas like there's no tomorrow.

very comfortable ride but as you might expect, poor handling.

can't really speak for its off-road capabilities because my friend uses it as a minivan (believe me, i give him a LOT of sh*t for that)

Edit: see asterisk
    Last edited by Ungas; October 21st, 2003 at 05:27 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Chevrolet Trailblazer