New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    guys just saw a chevrolet manila police car today... di ko alam na may ganito pala ang manila district plus may nakita din kami one time na rav4 na ginamit as police cars din. what can you say about this guys?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    weird that the goverment should purchase the highest fuel guzzling 1.6 liter car for their police cars. Since a long time before i was told that police cars have limited fuel on board, Add this to the woeful fuel economy of the Optra and the would equate to an almost nil car chases. Those cars will only last a few kilometers before their fuel runs out.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Well, the Optra is the cheapest car in it's class at the moment. And with free maintenance, it doesn't come as a surprise that the police are using it. Car chases? Doesn't really matter; "only a few kilometers" is a bit pessimistic, surely the police will carry more fuel than that. Besides, the Optra isn't very fast anyway, and there aren't too many chases around here.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Optras were chosen because they happen to be the cheapest cars in its class. Costs Php 599K, for a 1.6l compact car compared to a sub-compact from better branded manufacturers. I'm not sure, if Chevy still offers their two years free service, though.

Last Friday evening, I saw two rows (4 cars per row) of these patrol cars parked neatly at the Western Police District headquarters by UN avenue. All the cars were purchased from Chevrolet Pampanga, which I assume was the lowest bidder. Not that it matters, but all of them have yet to sport the red license plates. It goes to show that even the gov't is not spared from its own inefficiencies.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sana nag Ford Lynx nalang sila.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The new Sentra is being sold at 598,000 PHP. I heard madami pang discounts and freebies. Sobra daw kasi desperate ng Nissan ngayon.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's not a new thing. The only thing they consider in Government is the cost price, not the ownership expenses. The LTO has a whole fleet of the Optra's predecessors, the Daewoo Racer.

Mabuti lang marami ding Tamaraw at Corolla na police car, so it evens out in the end.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Kumpare kasi ni mayor yung mayari ng Chevy Pampanga kaya dyan siya kumuha(see..)10 yang nasa WPD nayan,minsan lang yan gamitin at nakadisplay yan sa harapan ng WPD.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Pag gov't walang bidding bidding. Inareglo yan. May kumita dyan.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke
    Pag gov't walang bidding bidding. Inareglo yan. May kumita dyan.
    wala naman talagang bidding pag branded items bibilhin e. I doubt it kung pwedeng i-jack up presyo ng auto. Malamang, nakihati na lang sa komisyon ng ahente at the same time fleet rate ang base price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
chevrolet manila police cars...