New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    CONGRATULATIONS CHEVROLET CRUZE!

I'm a proud owner!

http://businessmirror.com.ph/home/mo...r-of-the-year-

AS the cliché goes, change is inevitable. But as overused as the saying may be, it’s an undeniable truth. For those who can handle and survive change, success is bound to happen. But for those who pioneer it, something more than triumph is to be acquired. Meet the recipient of the Philippines’ 2010 to 2011 Car of the Year (COTY) award: the stunning Cruze, forerunner of change in the Chevrolet brand. With men from different parts of the world that merged together and formed a multi-national design team that was tasked to conspire and create a revolutionary sedan, this Chevy model sprang into the automotive market and forever transformed the face of its class and reenergized its parent brand.
    With just one look at the Cruze, one forgets everything about old Chevrolet compact cars and inevitably welcomes a whole new model packed with performance, style, practicality and dependability.
    The exterior alone is already a masterpiece. As the new global design language for Chevrolet, the signature Chevy grille and gold bowtie logo at the front coupled up with the distinctly aggressive headlamps is as bold as ever. Tracing the arching roofline from front to back reveals a sharply angled windshield, slim rear pillars and firmly designed twin tail lamp clusters at the rear. The model also enjoys being the longest of its class, measuring 4,597mm in length with a width of 1,788 mm and height of 1,477 mm.
    As if the outside isn’t superb enough, the interior leaves one awestruck by the feeling of class and style. The Cruze, inspired by the Corvette, takes prides in its “twin cockpit” dashboard which is lit by LED in striking white and ice blue, making it cool for the eyes of the driver. A large LCD is set between the gauges for monitoring the fuel mileage and trip computers, while another larger LCD is at the center console for the vehicle, audio, and climate settings.
    For passengers’ entertainment, the Cruze features a six-CD audio system which can also read MP3 music formats, USB connectivity, and six speakers. As for safety, this compact car is fitted with dual front and side airbags. Also standard are ABS for the all wheel disc brakes, traction control and EBD. Electronic Stability Control (ESC), a system that is not always available in sedans in the Cruze’s price range is available as an option.
    Aside from the aesthetics and safety features, the Cruze is also equipped for performance. The car is powered by a 1.8-liter six-speed automatic transmission, which cranks out 138 hp at 6,300 rpm and delivers 175 Nm if maximum torque at 3,800 rpm. The suspension set up (MacPhersons in both front and rear) coupled with a high torsional rigidity effectively dials out noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) while guaranteeing the safety of passengers, an optimal ride and crisp handling.
    It’s only once in a blue moon where a brand tosses in everything fine into an automobile—looks, great features, high class, excellent comfort and safety, as well as reasonable price—thus creating niche for the Cruze among compact cars.
    That’s why even from the day it was formally launched in the country it already proved itself worthy to be the first American car to win the Philippines’ COTY award.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Congratulations!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Congrats... although I would have preferred the ASX or fiesta over the cruze. But it's just me.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    congrats to TCCCI

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Congratulations!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Congrats sa TCCCI-Chevrolet Philippines!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Congratulations Cruze owners & TCCCI.

BTW, I like the Cruze VCDi

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Was a nail-biter of a finish... I think the guys at Ford and Chevy knew it was down to the two of them. It would either be the Fiesta or the Cruze.

For simple reasons... the other big contenders were expensive cars... which, given that the scoring takes into account bang-for-the-buck, was a big handicap. The Tucson GLS AWD which won the 4x4 category is rather expensive... and even the ASX is a bit pricey for its specs. The Jaguar? Fat chance... but I would've loved to see it win... mhmmmm... turbodiesel.

In the end, the Cruze's superior bang-for-the-buck quotient, the incredible refinement and interior space, as well as driving dynamics that wouldn't be out of place on a Ford, sealed the deal.

Doesn't matter who had the most impressive technology or specs... the Cruze delivered on the part that really matters... what it delivers to the customer.

Well-deserved win. Even though I was rooting for the Fiesta (and the Jaguar... and the Volvo S60 T6... and the Mazda2... yes... I'm an FGP fanboy)... I can admit defeat gracefully.

When the announcement was made, the entire Chevy contingent was on their feet, doing the football hooligan dance. I feel sorry for the FGP peeps, would have been the perfect end to a banner year... with the sales success of the Fiesta and all... but hey, you can't win them all.
    Last edited by niky; April 8th, 2011 at 03:41 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Congratulations

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Was a nail-biter of a finish... I think the guys at Ford and Chevy knew it was down to the two of them. It would either be the Fiesta or the Cruze.

For simple reasons... the other big contenders were expensive cars... which, given that the scoring takes into account bang-for-the-buck, was a big handicap. The Tucson GLS AWD which won the 4x4 category is rather expensive... and even the ASX is a bit pricey for its specs. The Jaguar? Fat chance... but I would've loved to see it win... mhmmmm... turbodiesel.

In the end, the Cruze's superior bang-for-the-buck quotient, the incredible refinement and interior space, as well as driving dynamics that wouldn't be out of place on a Ford, sealed the deal.

Doesn't matter who had the most impressive technology or specs... the Cruze delivered on the part that really matters... what it delivers to the customer.

Well-deserved win. Even though I was rooting for the Fiesta (and the Jaguar... and the Volvo S60 T6... and the Mazda2... yes... I'm an FGP fanboy)... I can admit defeat gracefully.

When the announcement was made, the entire Chevy contingent was on their feet, doing the football hooligan dance. I feel sorry for the FGP peeps, would have been the perfect end to a banner year... with the sales success of the Fiesta and all... but hey, you can't win them all.
    hi niky. this is totally out of topic, but this reponse reminded me of how your car reviews in your site played a big role in our family's decision to get the sorento. thank you for always sharing your educated opinion.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Chevrolet Cruze is 2010 to 2011 Car of the Year