New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    surface rust on my 2 weeks old captiva surprises me. i expected it to be rust free like my other car when i bought it.Wont it eventually dig its way little by little ( the rust) ? im very im kinda an O.C when it comes to new stuffs.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Please DON'T put anything flammable like paint on the elbow joint. Mainit yan at puwede masunog tsikot mo. Hindi maaano yang joint na yan dahil mauuna bumigay ang muffler mo dahil mas manipis siya. Then kung magkaganoon, palit ka na ng exhaust.

Kung ayaw mo makakita ng rust, puwede ka magpa IHE mod na hindi kalawangin, kahit catback.

But DON'T paint over it.
    Last edited by pup2; November 12th, 2008 at 03:49 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    for the rust in the exhaust, you can remove it with a rust remover and later paint it with a high temp primer or paint like VHT.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewABK View Post
    Hi Saipeme,

Well, I'm a happy Captivian! If you want to know more? Just go to www captivians com.

Check it out. There's about 50 of us Captiva owners who have been captivated by this beautiful machine. All the info you may want to know should be available there, and you can even join the forum if you want.

Cheers!
    AndrewABK,
    Saw your captiva site in Malaysia and most of you are driving AWD 7 seaters. What we have here in the Philippines are 5 seater models only. would it be possible for us to order the 3rd row seat in Malaysia and be shipped to the Philippines? How much would this cost us?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by springbok View Post
    surface rust on my 2 weeks old captiva surprises me. i expected it to be rust free like my other car when i bought it.Wont it eventually dig its way little by little ( the rust) ? im very im kinda an O.C when it comes to new stuffs.
    Don't worry about it... all stock exhausts rust. Original exhausts are usually made out of a mild steel, not stainless, like aftermarket exhausts are... you will get surface rust on stock exhausts if they get wet... just like you can get rust on your brakes. If it bothers you, sand the rust off and apply high-temperature header paint on it... but, in my opinion, it's no big deal around the joints. The only danger point for rust on the exhaust is the muffler, because the muffler casing is thinner material and can rust through in just a few short years if it gets damaged.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Please DON'T put anything flammable like paint on the elbow joint. Mainit yan at puwede masunog tsikot mo. Hindi maaano yang joint na yan dahil mauuna bumigay ang muffler mo dahil mas manipis siya. Then kung magkaganoon, palit ka na ng exhaust.

Kung ayaw mo makakita ng rust, puwede ka magpa IHE mod na hindi kalawangin, kahit catback.

But DON'T paint over it.
    ive painted it already ,,,,, high temperature paint.

shucks i hope the high temp paint will work and wont set it on fire! hehe!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by raquino View Post
    AndrewABK,
    Saw your captiva site in Malaysia and most of you are driving AWD 7 seaters. What we have here in the Philippines are 5 seater models only. would it be possible for us to order the 3rd row seat in Malaysia and be shipped to the Philippines? How much would this cost us?
    Hi Raquino,

I'm surprise that the 7 seaters are not available in the Philippines. Over here in Malaysia, all the models are 7 seaters, I'm not sure why, especially when our total population is much lower than yours. The Gov must be trying to encourage us to produce more, I guess. Hahaha...

I'm not sure whether the 2 extra seats can be just so easily installed into your 5 seater bro. The whole structure of the 2 different models at the back are totally different. Not the mention the extra seat belt and their anchorage point. Plus the second row seat are able to fold forward so that the 3rd passengers can have access. A lot of questions...

Plus our 3rd row seats fold flat when not in use.

Anyway, Malaysia will not be an ideal place to import it from, as we import our Captivas Completely Built Up from Thailand. So that should be the country you might want to consider.

Cheers!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by springbok View Post
    ive painted it already ,,,,, high temperature paint.

shucks i hope the high temp paint will work and wont set it on fire! hehe!

I was kinda worried kasi someone might read the thread and think puwede magpintura doon ng ordinary paint eh. Anyway, I STILL don't suggest taking out the rust kasi pag kinalawang na at lalo na pag nabutas ang muffler, it's the BEST excuse for an aftermarket exhaust!

Madali ipaliwanag kay misis, di ba Niky?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewABK View Post
    Hi Raquino,

I'm surprise that the 7 seaters are not available in the Philippines. Over here in Malaysia, all the models are 7 seaters, I'm not sure why, especially when our total population is much lower than yours. The Gov must be trying to encourage us to produce more, I guess. Hahaha...

I'm not sure whether the 2 extra seats can be just so easily installed into your 5 seater bro. The whole structure of the 2 different models at the back are totally different. Not the mention the extra seat belt and their anchorage point. Plus the second row seat are able to fold forward so that the 3rd passengers can have access. A lot of questions...

Plus our 3rd row seats fold flat when not in use.

Anyway, Malaysia will not be an ideal place to import it from, as we import our Captivas Completely Built Up from Thailand. So that should be the country you might want to consider.

Cheers!
    ok, maybe thailands the answer. but for your info, a local dealer here converted some units with a 3rd row. the 2nd row can be made to fold and tumble, modified with cables underneath to pull the locks that hold the seats to the floor. the plastic luggage bins on the back can be removed exposing the area where the 3rd row seats are bolted on. the 3rd row that they offer though is fold and tumble type also and not the fold flat type like the original. an original 3rd row seat of course is much better and is what i like. will try thailand anyway. thanks.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    I was kinda worried kasi someone might read the thread and think puwede magpintura doon ng ordinary paint eh. Anyway, I STILL don't suggest taking out the rust kasi pag kinalawang na at lalo na pag nabutas ang muffler, it's the BEST excuse for an aftermarket exhaust!

Madali ipaliwanag kay misis, di ba Niky?
    Hahaha... my stock muffler really did crack on the inside... I can prove it...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
chevrolet captiva owners ???