The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Lesson: dapat hindi Chevy Optra ang binili

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lancy09 View Post
    Try mo pa-check/clean yung MAF sensor at distributor rotor assembly.
    Nalinis naman ang servo, napalitan fuel filter, bago spark plug, bago high tension wire. Based on my experience, very rare nasisira ang fuel pump. Mauuna pa ata ang engine overhaul bago ka magpalit fuel pump.

sisirain fuel pump ng optra and all other major parts ng auto na yan... nagpapaservice ako dati sa chevy pasig nung opel astra namin ang dami optra not due for PMS pero puro due for replacement ng major components gaya nga ng fuel pump,water pump,shifting cable, EGR valve at kung anu ano pang piyesang masakit pakinggan sa tenga at sa bulsa... puro mura inaabot ng mga SA diyan sa optra na yan...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Cleeow, subukan nyo tawagan itong number na toh... 473-4670 look for dennis. parts supplier siya/mechanic ng opel/chevy/volvo. baka makatulong siya sayo, and masmura parts niya kaysa sa casa.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I only have one thing to say. If it's a bit offensive, then sorry. :P

It's a Chevy, what do you expect?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    it's a rebadged Daewoo

when u buy an Aveo or Optra, you're buying a Daewoo

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hello Cleeow. Every car has its quirks... And some cars need experts to fix them. It's definitely not a Toyota or a Mitsubishi.

Sorry to say your experience isn't as trouble free as it should be. Here is what the technical information system suggests.

Don't be turned off by people who have nothing helpful to offer in solving your problem. As desert fox said, your Optra engine is managed by a computer. Furthermore, there are values which have to be met for your car to function correctly.

Hesitation, Sag, Stumble

Definition : Involves a momentary lack of response as the accelerator is pushed down. This can occur at any vehicle speed. It is usually the most severe when first trying to make the vehicle move, as from a stop. Hesitation, sag, or stumble may cause the engine to stall if severe enough.

1.Check the fuel system pressure. If the pressure is not within the value specified, service the fuel system as needed.
    2.Inspect the Throttle Position (TP) sensor for binding or sticking. The TP sensor voltage should increase at a steady rate as the throttle is moved toward Wide Open Throttle (WOT).

It should be 41-47 psi or (284-325 kPa)

1.Check the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor response and accuracy.
    2.Inspect the fuel for water contamination.
    3.Check the Evaporative (EVAP) Emission canister purge system for proper operation

1.Disconnect all of the fuel injector harness connectors.
    2.Connect an injector test light between the harness terminals of each fuel injector.
    3.Note the test light while cranking the engine.

Does the test light blink on all connectors? If yes Measure the resistance of each fuel injector. The resistance will increase slightly at higher temperatures. 11.6-12.4 Ω If No Replace any of the fuel injectors with a resistance that is out of specifications.

Is the fuel injector resistance within the value specified? If yes Perform an injector balance test. If no Check the fuel system pressure after a cold start or during moderate or full throttle acceleration.

Is the fuel pressure within specifications?

1.Check for faulty ignition wires.
    2.Inspect for fouled spark plugs.
    3.Check the ignition system output on each cylinder with a spark tester.

1.Check the generator output voltage.
    2.Repair or replace the generator if the generator output is less than the value specified.
    3.Check the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve operation.

You will notice that it needs special tools to check these things... just like any other modern car. But sadly, some Chevrolet dealerships still have to show their real competence in fixing these cars. Try Chevy Greenhills you might have better luck with them.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    we have almost the same problem except that my optra (04 model also) has an acceleration problem when the RPM is below 2000. Pag binigyan mo sya nang gas below this, ayaw mag accelerate instead, it tends to conk out parang nabubulan. But above this RPM setting mabilis na sya umarangkada......I've written about this problem here also and received one suggestion but after reading your problem and someone mentioned about MAF, I made a research, I opened this site....http://www.discountautoparts.com/aut...html......read the failure symptoms...i guess our problem lies in MAF sensor all along. Do the experts here agree? Otherwise if you still have other things in mind please do let us know....salamat...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Just checked for MAF on the Optra, while some online shops refer to it as MAF, there is a possiblity that it is the MAP sensor. The MAP or Manifold Absolute Pressure measures the volume of air entering the manifold from the manilfold side.

Pls refer to the procedure I posted above copied from the Optra Repair Manual. It mentions a MAP sensor but not a MAF sensor.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Maybe the car wasn't properly maintained by the first owner. Yung bumili ng Optra ko never nag-reklamo sa akin about the performance. Ako pa dapat mag-reklamo kasi nung makita ko yung car few months after bilihin sa akin, ang pangit na. Magkaka-iba ang tires, may scratches na sa corners.. grrr.

Best solution is, sell your Optra. Never ending gastos na yan para sa'yo kaya pakawalan mo na yan kahit medyo nahuli na ang lahat. I feel sorry for your Optra..

Then buy a used Corolla Altis 1.6G / 1.8G A/T. Less headache, fuel efficient and cheap maintenance.

BTW, Cleo ba name mo? Nice huh
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; July 26th, 2011 at 12:58 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleeow View Post
    good day everyone!

I'm a newbie girl driver and is just starting to learn things about a car.
    I'm driving 04 Chevy Optra 1.6 A/T. I bought it (2nd hand) last Nov. 2010. On December, I did 100T km check and changed a lot of parts already (through casa in Pasig) such as:

* Oil filter * Inner & Outer Drive Shaft Boot * High Tension wire set
    * Air filter * Idler Roller * TIMING BELT
    * Fuel filter * Drive Shaft Clamp * Tensioner
    * Spark Plugs * Thermostat Assy * Water pump
    * Auto tensioner * Fan belt

Then I started having problems around March. The car stalls during traffic and I can't even put it in idle even for a couple o' minutes. I feel the engine losing power (parang naghihingalo) then after few steps on gas & break even on light traffic, maglalaro na pababa ung RPM until the car shuts down. Good thing though, after I give it a rest, the engine will start again. Pero 'pag sa expressway, and continuous ang drive, never syang namamatay! Basta lang pag puro gas and above 1,000 ung RPM,walang problema! (Eh, what the hck, we live in a country of narrow streets and where heavy traffic is just a normal everyday view in the city!) How could that be?!

I brought it back to casa in Pasig & they cleaned the throttle body. Problem was never rectified! Then to another freelance car mechanic and replaced some parts and wires again, still the same! I decided to bring it to Chevy Makati, diagnosis: pull down fuel tank, clean & replace gasoline, replace: fuel pump, oxygen sensor & throttle body. Doing so will cost me a whopping P41,000! (Hindi ko po binibili ung buong repair shop nila!). haha!

Then our beloved Banawe! have scouted 3 big car shops & still, problem can't be found! Although they have advised that changing the fuel pump & the gasoline replacement is not necessary. Mapapagastos lang daw ako kasi pag un daw ang problema, dapat pag namatayan ako ng makina, totally hindi na talaga mag-start ulit! Sa whole throttle body naman, mahina ang P10,000 for replacement!

I am so desperate now and find it so impossible na hindi nila makita/malaman kung ano ang dapat linisin or palitan to solve the problem of my stalling engine! I just don't know kung saang repair shop ko pa po dadalhin tong car ko!

Help naman po please?! I know someone out there will be my angel to help me with this....

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

tagalog lang lang ako ha....
    meron din kaming optra ls 1.6 m/t and a/t sa shop both 2004
    since na specialized lang kami ng mitshu. ng try kami ng optra may nagbenta kasi samin na di na mapatino ng kabilang talyer
    pinasa samin as in benta nalang na may-ari. una alangan kami kasi nga chevy cya. as in wala kaming alam dun.
    pero since na gusto namin maiba binili namin for a very cheap price.

di cya biro kasi kinuha namin tangal piston, head, at walang gas.
    pina machine shop namin for almost 2 weeks cya hirap ng pyesa lalo na yung engine valve at piston.

daming research,daming diskusyon, minsan naka tanga lang kami dahil wala ng idea. pero the best thing eh walang sukuan sabi nga namin eh "GINAWA LANG NG TAO YAN,, KAYA DIN NATIN YAN."

after 3 weeks and alot of time, blood and sweat.
    tumino din cya as in wala ng problema.

masasabi namin na kaya na namin ang optra...
    last july 3 lang may ginawa kaming optra matic hinila namin galing chevy pasig blowby ang makina estimate ng casa pasig is 140k
    pinakarga ng may-ari at hatid sa shop namin. 2 weeks ok na cya natagalan lang sa machine shop.
    not even half nagastos nya.

lahat naman po ng eh may kanya kanyang negative na review ang mitsu po ay sa sevro nya kahit ano linis nung iba talagang talo ang servo nya pag may aircon, ang honda naman eh mahal din ng pyesa, ang toyota naman mura nga pero palaging sira.

my opinion sa optra nya is since nga di pa maraming nakakalam nito lahat puro hula, kaya ang siste walang tumitino..
    pwede po lahat ng sinabi na suggestion nila. pero sa dami ng pinagawa ni mam eh konti nalang din ang natitira,

para sakin mam' hanap ka baka may kakilala ka na friend mo or sinuman na may parehong makina LS 1.6 manual or matic pwede.
    try nyo lang na iapalit yung mga sensor na pwedeng pangalingan ng sakit nya. tapos test drive mo. kung ganun parin iba naman,hangang sa ok na cya. then yun ang sira sayo.

or kung gusto mo gawin natin yun.. may matic kami same ng sayo. kami narin ang hahanap ng pyesa mo. para wala ng hulaan pa.
    cgurado ako makikita natin yan.

cainta area kami
    boss jun 09164709860

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
car stalls during traffic