New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ... at a price of P3.6M! I saw one on display at the Chevy dealer in West Gate Alabang last Sat. So out of curiosity and after remembering a Top Gear article about CCC thinking of bringing it in, I decided to inquire. Sabi ng sales rep, V6 model ang available, but on order basis, and after you pay 50% of the SRP. Quite disappointed coz I recall that in the TG article, CCC was mulling over a price below P2M. Would've been tempted, especially if priced w/in range of a Chrysler 300C.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    we are in the same position, i was actually thinking of buying the camaro if the price is within 2M, but to my disappointment it cost double, what was disppointing about it is that the Hyundai Genesis Coupe cost less here but they were on the same price bracket as the Camaro V6 in the US.

we decided to have Ford Focus TDCi on july nalang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Goes to show that, despite having a good car in its stable, Chevrolet is far from winning over customers in the RP. :nono:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    *Altis6453

Mahal pa nga talaga silang mag-price...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    we are in the same position, i was actually thinking of buying the camaro if the price is within 2M, but to my disappointment it cost double, what was disppointing about it is that the Hyundai Genesis Coupe cost less here but they were on the same price bracket as the Camaro V6 in the US.
    My thoughts exactly. In the US, the most basic Camaro is even cheaper than the most basic V6-engined GC. Surprisingly, the most basic 2010 Chrysler 300C (2.7L V6) is even more expensive than the basic Camaro.

CCC can invoke all the tax and tarriff laws to justify a higher price vs. the GC (US CBU vs. Asian) but if CATS can price the 300C 2.7L V6 * P2.35M and the 3.5LV6 * P2.65M (which I assume are CBU from the USA), why on earth should a Camaro be P1M higher?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    CCC can invoke all the tax and tarriff laws to justify a higher price vs. the GC (US CBU vs. Asian) but if CATS can price the 300C 2.7L V6 * P2.35M and the 3.5LV6 * P2.65M (which I assume are CBU from the USA), why on earth should a Camaro be P1M higher?
    Two (2) reasons:

1. Seller's greed; and
    2. Buyer's gullibility (assuming they are able to sell a few units)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    My thoughts exactly. In the US, the most basic Camaro is even cheaper than the most basic V6-engined GC. Surprisingly, the most basic 2010 Chrysler 300C (2.7L V6) is even more expensive than the basic Camaro.

Because the Camaro is a hot item in the US right now, so it commands a premium.

But blame it not just on expensive price strategies by CCC... but on the fact that HARI, like Motor Image (I finally understand this one), seems to have found a loophole to keeping their prices down. Hyundai also suffers from high CBU taxes, but HARI manages somehow to keep their prices on the low side, especially compared to other Korean-built vehicles like Kias and Chevrolet Optras and Aveos.

CATS sold the 300C at good prices... but remember... they brought in the Caliber for 1.7m.
    Last edited by niky; February 15th, 2010 at 06:01 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    hay maglalaway nalang ako sa camaro...dapat within 1.5M lang yun e.buset!!!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    CATS sold the 300C at good prices... but remember... they brought in the Caliber for 1.7m.

And the nitro for 1.9m !

Should be.

But if the camaro is priced at 1.5M. There would be a chance that several camaro's will rage the streets of metro manila compared to, if it's priced at 3.8M, which is undoubtedly unfair.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1.5m before taxes. 3m after taxes. 3.6m after "premium" markup. Of course... not having seen the spec sheets of the local units, can't tell how big the CCC markup is.

Remember, they're no longer run by GM... they're just a third-party distributorship.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Camaro: Available Locally But...