New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Or the koreans haha...

Isn't Chevy essentially GM Korea na?
    Di naman, GM still has a lot of brands across different markets. I think the Cruze we are getting are based on the US models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Focus Ecoboost is not selling well despite being packed with features.

Speaking of the Focus, my friend sold his 2013 Focus for 300k. That's lower than what I sold my 2009 Altis for. 70% depreciation in 5 years, that's a new low for a compact.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Speaking of the Focus, my friend sold his 2013 Focus for 300k. That's lower than what I sold my 2009 Altis for. 70% depreciation in 5 years, that's a new low for a compact.

The previous gen Focus (2.0L or 1.6L NA paired with DCT) was not that reliable that Ford had to come up with the Ecoboost model in a hurry (2015). I think that generation was only sold for less than 3 years (2012 to 2014).

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The previous gen Focus (2.0L or 1.6L NA paired with DCT) was not that reliable that Ford had to come up with the Ecoboost model in a hurry (2015). I think that generation was only sold for less than 3 years (2012 to 2014).

Same generation, mid cycle facelift lang.

And theres nothing Ford can do anymore, sirang sira na Focus sa Pilipinas, hence the awful resale. Even if they changed to a 6AT and gave it a 180 hp engine, there's no more redemption. Also, the Focus is very cramped.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Dahil ba sa dct kaya nasira name ng focus?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Dahil ba sa dct kaya nasira name ng focus?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    A combination of sorts - unreliable tranny paired with the local Ford dealers bad aftermarket service.

After 2 years with casa service, I opted to do my Fiesta’s service outside. I think I could have saved more if I had done it earlier.

Sayang lang Ecoboost engines kasi they are quite good. Parang hindi properly trained local Ford casa to service the engines.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016

Are you talking about the previous gen late 2000s Focus that has a TDCi variant? Because the current Focus is just a facelift of the 2012 model. Facelift after 3 years is normal for compact car class.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Or the koreans haha...

Isn't Chevy essentially GM Korea na?
    You are kinda right. The previous-gen Cruze was essentially a Daewoo with a Chevrolet engine hehe. GM Korea(Daewoo) played a big part in design and engineering of that car. I think kahit yung Optra, Daewoo na. The new Cruze looks like its american designed though.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstealyourgirl View Post
    You are kinda right. The previous-gen Cruze was essentially a Daewoo with a Chevrolet engine hehe. GM Korea(Daewoo) played a big part in design and engineering of that car. I think kahit yung Optra, Daewoo na. The new Cruze looks like its american designed though.

Sa unang tingin pa lang eh, mukang galing yung harap sa dating honda civic. Hindi ganyan yung mga current designs ng korean models.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Same generation, mid cycle facelift lang.

And theres nothing Ford can do anymore, sirang sira na Focus sa Pilipinas, hence the awful resale. Even if they changed to a 6AT and gave it a 180 hp engine, there's no more redemption. Also, the Focus is very cramped.

pag salita Focus kasi galit mga Pinoy para pinapagalitan sa work

ba ba yun mga talunan di na lang mag-focus sa mga market na wala yun leading cars, like for example a diesel bRV or Expander, or a diesel HRV counterpart. eh di lang laway sinasayang nila dito pati marketing expenses

look at Ecosport it made a name for itself, pero yun nga lang wala na ngaun coz talo na ng BRV/Rush

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast