New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by machine.pistol View Post
    When I hauled a sack of rice on my TBZ, the ride improved. I'm thinking of permanently putting at the back a (cement) sack of sand already.
    Time proven technique from way back. Never fails.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    I share the same sentiment bro. I'm planning to upgrade the suspension with strong emphasis on ride comfort (since i don't go off-reading).

Ano ba ang recommended spring+shock combo na best for ride comfort?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    And also how much and where to get parts and installation?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i am in the market for a 4x4 at suv maybe early next year so kindly help me. i'm seriously considering either 2016 fortuner, 2015/16 TB and 2nd hand 2010-2012 lc200 (brand new 2015 lc200 is out, wife backed out when she saw the P200k insurance premium hahaha! ok lang daw 4.6M price tag kaso nanghinayang sa insurance premium.)

any problems with the tb 4x4 at? for those who have ridden on both 2013 and 2015 models, can you compare the NVH, or compare it to others. i read from reviews the NVH of the TB is a bit harsher than others but the reviews are for the 2013. is the 2015 better? kindly someone please take a tape measure and check the interior width of the car on the 2nd row, my fat yaya might not fit with 2 kids beside hehehe! i want to compare the interior width kasi to grand starex and lc200.

and has anyone taken their automatic 4x4 tb off road, as in 8 inches of mud? how is the handling? how about in pot holed gravel roads? anyone done a suspension lift and how it affects the handling?
    Last edited by yebo; August 24th, 2015 at 11:15 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by halimawts View Post
    I share the same sentiment bro. I'm planning to upgrade the suspension with strong emphasis on ride comfort (since i don't go off-reading).

Ano ba ang recommended spring+shock combo na best for ride comfort?
    some offroad suspension set ups are actually more comfortable than stock. most reviews say "foam cell" type shocks give much softer ride than gas shocks. cost? dun lang magkakatalo, some can go up to 6 figures!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^bro malayong malayo ang width ng pick up base suv sa starex. Kaya mag4 na tao ang width ang starex. Ang suv 3 lang. Pag fat yaya pa, masikip na hehe

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Thanks, will look it up!

Moving forward, ano pinaka-magandang next step for those of us na wanting to upgrade suspension to a softer, more comfy ride?

For those of us na hindi masyadong well-versed pagdating sa suspension, do any of the suppliers / shops give professional advice regarding this? Or talagang kanya-kanyang research lang talaga sa internet?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Punta ka sa 4x4ph they can give you very good advice there.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    ^bro malayong malayo ang width ng pick up base suv sa starex. Kaya mag4 na tao ang width ang starex. Ang suv 3 lang. Pag fat yaya pa, masikip na hehe
    Sa lahat kasi, new everest, 2016 fort, mu-x, pajero sport, the trailblazer has the biggest exterior width and this is only a few mm narrower than the GS. Baka lang comparable din inside.

Might as well fire fat yaya. Kelangan na din kalusin e.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Sa lahat kasi, new everest, 2016 fort, mu-x, pajero sport, the trailblazer has the biggest exterior width and this is only a few mm narrower than the GS. Baka lang comparable din inside.

Might as well fire fat yaya. Kelangan na din kalusin e.
    Hahaha. Matindi. Kawawa naman si yaya. Baka pumayat na

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast