New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    I didn't know that there's a new chevy cruze model coming out until I saw this! This might be out in a month here in China and might also be out in PH market next year. Enjoy!

The spec sheet is in Chinese, but the numbers that I read looks like a 1.5 Petrol, 1.4 Turbo(not sure if petrol or diesel) and matched with a dual clutch tranny or DCG (Dual-Clutch Gearbox)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cruze4.jpg   cruze3.jpg   cruze1.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    cargasm lol

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Australia wont be getting any more cruze'. Their cruze replacement though is the astra(from poland).Which is getting excellent reviews.

Its just a matter of time til we get the cruze replacement. Chinese cruze most probably just like the the chevy fail.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Its just a matter of time til we get the cruze replacement. Chinese cruze most probably just like the the chevy fail.
    Chevy's local distributor, TCCCI (The Covenant Car Company Inc) switched to the Chinese-made Sail after GM stopped manufacturing the Sonic in Thailand.
    The Sonic is still being made South Korea but it looks like they only sell the higher-spec 1.4-liter turbo variants. This would have probably made it too expensive if sold here.

TCCI will probably switch to the Chinese alternative if the Korean option turns out to be too expensive.
    PS: Last time I checked, GM Korea still sells the facelifted 1st gen Cruze.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I just dont see any sense getting the current cruze in our market. Even though ive heard fleet drivers say good things about the korean cruze.

The Altis will get an update.
    Mazda3 is ok
    Civic is very good
    Elantra is selling well
    Sylphy...needs an update

Ford kia and mitsu compacts round out the compact segment.

Chevy has to offer something good...

Return the diesel?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I just dont see any sense getting the current cruze in our market. Even though ive heard fleet drivers say good things about the korean cruze.

The Altis will get an update.
    Mazda3 is ok
    Civic is very good
    Elantra is selling well
    Sylphy...needs an update

Ford kia and mitsu compacts round out the compact segment.

Chevy has to offer something good...

Return the diesel?
    Well, the current one is old. :D TCCCI is still busy marketing the refreshed Trailblazer and Colorado. I guess the car lineup will have to wait.

The Sylphy just got a refresh in the US (Sentra), not sure when the ASEAN market will get the update.
    The updated Ford Focus (now only offered with a 180PS 1.5 EcoBoost) is a good sporty option.
    The Mitsubishi Lancer EX is old, maybe Nissan's recent takeover means an all-new (Nissan-based) model will show up in a few years.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Wow, that is a great car, like it very much : )