New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I test drove the 2.8 A/T colorado this morning..I wasn't impressed on the published 470nm torque, I expected more engine punch & the brakes was a little bit weak compared to the strada & navara. The torque is just comparable to my navara's 400nm of torque. From a full stop acceleration i can sense na iiwanan siya ng strada VGT namen, i just dont know how it performs pass 110 km/h. But aside from the negative points of this pick up truck that i noticed, everything was nice. It has a roomy cabin for a pick up truck, roomier than the strada & navara. For me its the best interior design on the local pick up market today, I like how the switches and displays were integrated. The suspension is good compared to the hilux & ranger, at par with the navara & strada. It also has a big bed space for hauling stuffs. I have a month to decide whether i'll add this colorado to our pick up fleet, as usual in black again :group:

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    How about when I was pushing it past 110 kph JP? Didn't you feel its power?

For me it was really fast when it reached 80 kph, definitely faster than the Strada VGT. I think Chevy deliberately made the power delivery of the Colorado smooth and linear in order for its occupants not to experience positive or negative G forces. Nakakahilo yun.

One thing din pala, the engine sounds like a quieter version of Isuzu's diesel engine. Mas tahimik pa rin ang mga toyota D-4D, but it is a lot quieter than Mitsubishi's 4D56 and 4M41, and the Navara's diesel engine.
    Last edited by numbah5; June 16th, 2012 at 05:35 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Looks way too close to the Isuzu RT50

I wonder if the price and the badge is enough for it to become a best-seller. The Cruze failed to even put a dent to the Civic's marketshare. The Strada's achievement is basically due to its price.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Looks way too close to the Isuzu RT50
    Its hard to really avoid the similarities since they both use the same basic body (The two being sister models).
    When it comes to front end designs, they look totally diffetent.

PS: Isuzu version has weaker Isuzu iTEQ engines while the Chvey version uses more powerful Duramax engines.

all-new D-Max
    177hp 3.0 Ddi VGS Turbo
    136hp 2.5 Ddi VGS Turbo
    116hp 2.5 Ddi Turbo

all-new Colorado
    180hp 2.8 Duramax
    150hp 2.5 Duramax
    Last edited by AG4; June 18th, 2012 at 03:00 AM.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Its hard to really avoid the similarities since they both use the same basic body (The two being sister models).

mejo magkaiba sila ng side creases sa door panels since ibang component naman ito, same as the rear gate and front panels. Sana pati side moulding din to differentiate it further

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    mejo magkaiba sila ng side creases sa door panels since ibang component naman ito, same as the rear gate and front panels. Sana pati side moulding din to differentiate it further
    Different side panels, but the difference in styling is not as extensive as the difference between the Ranger & BT-50.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Isuzu has a substantial market share in the pick up segment. Will the loyalists fly the coop? Abangan!

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Different side panels, but the difference in styling is not as extensive as the difference between the Ranger & BT-50.

yeah, reminds me of the recent BT-50, its like 90% ranger

a little OT: isama na din natin yung BRZ and FT86 front lang nagkaiba.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Medyo mataas presyo nito ah, for a Chevy. I personally wouldn't pay over 1.5M when there's a Strada that costs 200k less with al the features I need, and still looks better IMO.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011

[

all-new Colorado
    180hp 2.8 Duramax
    150hp 2.5 Duramax

ang laki ng body netoh ah! tas 2.8 diesel. workhorse talaga toh yun na nga lang for what? seriously up to now hindi ko alam kung san talaga puwede gamitin ang mga souped up pickups? dati may top of the line 2nd gen strada ako, sa sobrang O.C. ko na baka magasgas pintura kakaload ng mga gamit sa likod (na inuulan din naman) eh bumili na lang ako ng 2nd hand L300FB, kung sino-sino driver pa hire ko ok lang

may use ba talaga mga ganito sasakyan? parang mas may protected load area pa ang adventure without 2nd row seats priced at 600K+ sa Mitsu

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
2012/13 Chevrolet Colorado