New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yung Spark mashado naman bare, kahit CD Player wala for the 490K asking price....

and to think the Chevy badge isnt that appealing, i wonder where they get the idea of charging a premium for it.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    kahit CD Player wala for the
    It has no CD player, but its interesting that it comes standard with Five 3-point seatbelts, of course like the Picanto its really more of a 4-seater.
    Like the Picanto LX Deluxe, the Spark 1.0 has standard front power windows, tachometer and rear defogger...

I inquired about the stereo with CD player, they said it can be ordered, same JVC unit found in the Aveo.

Spark 1.0
    Max Power 66PS
    Top speed 156 km/h
    Acceleration 0-100 km/h 14.1 sec

Picanto 1.1
    Max Power 64PS
    Top speed 152 km/h
    Acceleration 0-100 km/h 15.8 s

Italian Police
    Last edited by AG4; July 6th, 2006 at 08:48 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i spy, with my seeing eye....roof rails on the spark?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    It has no CD player, but its interesting that it comes standard with Five 3-point seatbelts, of course like the Picanto its really more of a 4-seater.
    Like the Picanto LX Deluxe, the Spark 1.0 has standard front power windows, tachometer and rear defogger...

I inquired about the stereo with CD player, they said it can be ordered, same JVC unit found in the Aveo.

Spark 1.0
    Max Power 66PS
    Top speed 156 km/h
    Acceleration 0-100 km/h 14.1 sec

Picanto 1.1
    Max Power 64PS
    Top speed 152 km/h
    Acceleration 0-100 km/h 15.8 s

Italian Police

sa liit ng spark malamang ko mga pulis na yan mga karatista lang at hindi bodybuilder

pero badtrip nga yan wala CD player! cd player lang pinagkakait pa nila eh ang mura-mura na ngaun as in standard na sa lahat. tingin ko nga mas mahal na tape ngaun kasi nde na mass production.

teka may stereo ba yan?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    diba Daewoo ang pinakamahal ang pyesa sa lahat ng mga koreans like Kia & Hyundai?

kung mataas parin ang presyo ng pyesa nila, wala talagang sense bumili ng Spark.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    i spy, with my seeing eye....roof rails on the spark?
    Local version is similar to this... no roof rails.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Budgetary reasons aside, I dont see any point why anyone in their right mind would settle for a vehicle this small, underpowered, that will probably endanger the lives of its passenger because of its less than desired crash worthiness (judging by its size). In a more ideal situation, the lowest common denominator anyone should have to settle for is either a City or Vios for the sake of comfort and better crash worthiness without having to make a compromise with fuel consumption (bec. aside from costs, this is what most people buying sub-compacts or minis, are after in this day and age of rising fuel prices).

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    Budgetary reasons aside, I dont see any point why anyone in their right mind would settle for a vehicle this small, underpowered
    Its not really that underpowered, its 1.0 liter engine is actually even stronger than the 1.1 liter engine found in the Picanto and Getz, its also quicker than both. Main reason is of course is for better fuel economy and maneuverability in crowded city streets etc.

Quote Originally Posted by number001
    [U]that will probably endanger the lives of its passenger because of its less than desired crash worthiness (judging by its size).
    You'd be surprised to know JDM Kei cars are smaller than the Spark and Picanto.
    These cars are designed mainly for city use, thats why they are called "city cars", meant for crowded city streets.
    Last edited by AG4; July 6th, 2006 at 11:15 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't really get the point in buying the Spark. The Picanto DLX is cheaper, has better after sales service and third party support.

The Picanto has an MP3 head unit, anti-theft system with keyless entry, front power windows, etc.

About the only things the Spark has are the extra 3-point belt and rear fog lamp.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    I don't really get the point in buying the Spark. The Picanto DLX is cheaper, has better after sales service and third party support.

The Picanto has an MP3 head unit, anti-theft system with keyless entry, front power windows, etc.

About the only things the Spark has are the extra 3-point belt and rear fog lamp.
    I prefer the styling of the Spark over the Picanto, i find the Picanto's styling a bit dull and generic.
    Last edited by AG4; July 7th, 2006 at 07:41 AM.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
2006 Chevrolet Spark [merged]