New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 144 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mike09 View Post
    ok nga..

http://www.cheryglobal.com/qq.htm

in fairness ha.. yung mga honda xrm motorcycles na hit na hit dito sa atin, those are made in china!

kaya wag nyo maliitin ang china..

yung gamit sa cavite na mga brand new aircon buses, are chinese made by Golden Dragon company.. ang ganda ng interiors. Pati driver merong small screen where he could watch movie..

i'm buying one if they bring it here.. thats it goodbye to picanto or getz or even alto.. its price war.. so its good for us consumers..
    Marami na nga akong nakikita na Chinese buses(King Long,JAC at Golden Dragon),actually Japanese naman ang ibang parts na ginamit naman dyan..

Ok lang kung nandito ang Chery at least medyo decent ang products nito..Malamang ilabas din dito yung Chery A1,A3 at facelifted Tiggo.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    hinde naman namin minamaliit ang china.

if you look at history, japan and korea's auto industries started off by copying euro and us designs. the korean industry was being ridiculed as late as a few years back. but look at hyundai now.

the thing is, malayo pa talaga bago umabot ang china. give it another 5-10 years before i would become competitive enough for the world market.

pero sa aspac, pwede na sila puimasok, except on the first-worlds (sing, jap and kor)/

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by macondo2 View Post
    medyo off topic na siguro pero you cannot help but admire the chinese for making a sustained effort to place themselves in the global automotive map. sure, malayo pa sila in terms of refinement and technology and i personally still wouldn't buy any of their automobiles. but like the malaysians (proton) and indians (tata), they simply refuse to be laughed out of the car-producing club.

malakas tayong mamintas pero the best that we can produce are lowered owner type jeepneys or pampasaherong jeepneys. has anyone actually seen a PUJ that has a real functioning speedometer and has no black smoke coming out of the tailpipes?
    they can make those vehicles very cheap because of heavy gov't subsidies (even on electricity).

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    time lang kelangan nyan....siguro pag teenagers na magiging anak ko 'Hot' na ang Chery :hihihi:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper View Post
    the rav4 copy is nice..

less than 700k? much nicer.

is it just me, or is that an infiniti logo they're using?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    my chinese friend was laughing at me when he saw me dazed and confused as a tiggo passed by. I was wondering if what I saw was a CRV or a Rav4. He was smiling when he clarified that the car was a chery tiggo I think some of the chinese also share the same apprehension we have with these china made cars. I also gather that most would go for the more established brands. well that is what he says hehehe. I would'nt really know the general consensus from one person alone.

but this is one interesting item from them... some would spend more on a car than a house or other properties daw esp kung business man... because having an expensive/exclusive car is good for business. it implies that the person owning the car has power, so it also gives the impression to other would be partners that he is a man of good business and wealth ... siguro kaya madami akong nakikitang Audis at BMW's sa china, lalo na sa shanghai. labas ng hotel puro porsche cayenne... i even saw a Brabus dealer in Chengdu. wow!
    Last edited by cardo; June 4th, 2007 at 01:03 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tiggo?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    * cardo

that looks like a nissan maxima hehehe

OT: Proton was producing cars based on the Lancer (Wira/Persona) and Galant/Eterna/Emeraude (Perdana) and it is licensed.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    tiggo?

uy orange! radical colors ah!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper View Post
    the rav4 copy is nice..

less than 700k? much nicer.
    whoahh!!...its like buying a brand new car from a price equivalent to secondhand japanese cars (2nd gen rav 4)...ang mura naman nito mga sir...kahit na cguro sabihin pa natin quality is poor,reliability unknown,aftersale value is mababa i bet papatok pa din ito basta ba wag lang makikita sa emblem yong chinese alphabet hehehe...

Chery Cars Philippines (Iseway Motors)