New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Madoff may now spend the rest of his life in prison. The US household and financial and non financial firms and government may spend the next generation in debtor’s prison having to tighten their belts to pay for the losses inflicted by a decade or more of reckless leverage, over consumption and risk taking.

... And the average American taxpayers (as with the other average taxpayers in the world),- with the dogs....

7606:mobile:

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have said this previously on other threads already and I will say it again here. After the gold standard was removed, money became dishonest. The fiat system is a huge pyramid requiring new money (thus inflation) to be created in order to sustain it... With the huge contraction of money circulation the pyramid is cracking and the governments are scrambling to print, spend and create money to keep the scheme going...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    and so the next 50 will be the next target of the ponzi kaya

ang behaviour kasi ng ponzi is to jump from one thing to another. hindi naman pera ang mahalaga talaga, kungdi people's confidence. and so they the ponzi jumps to the next one realiable thing for people.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bakit wala yun Legacy?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If I am the US Govt (or his victim), I'm gonna burn Madoff alive. In low heat.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the Pinoy Madoff = Legacy's Delos Angeles

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I have said this previously on other threads already and I will say it again here. After the gold standard was removed, money became dishonest.
    Fixing paper money to gold is the same thing (but worse) -- I don't know if you realize that. Conceptually, it is all the same.

Why do you keep on clinging to something foolishly anachronistic? When the US dollar was fixed to the gold standard, its value was not equivalent to the gold it was supposed to be exchangeable for.

Why don't you fix paper money to real estate instead? Or moon rocks? Or uranium?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kaya nga exchangeable to gold meaning paper in circulation is equivalent to gold in storage. So they can't just print money endlessly. They need to increase the supply of gold to create more money.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    A bit OT:

Switzerland eases banking secrecy

The Swiss government has finally bowed to intense pressure from Washington and Brussels
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7941717.stm

more international "Madoffs" are gonna be exposed perhaps?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^

the Swiss banks are being pressured by US and EU governments to name their clients coz the banks have been helping Americans and Europeans evade taxes in their home countries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
The World's 50 SAFEST banks...