New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    grabe, nakakadisillusion naman ang mga compensation package sa car sales! when itold my parents about it, dun na lang daw ako sa bahay,bigyan na lang nila ko P10k a month

is it ok to be picky?

pano pala mag-decline?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    well, you gotta start somewhere...and unless your parents will be training you, tiis ka lang konti, and gain experience and connections sa job mo.

how to decline...call up the person who gave you the offer, tell them that you are very grateful and flattered that you were considered and given the offer, but that you will be accepting another job offer. whatever you do, wag mo naman dedmahin ung tao; having the courtesy to call him/her up will show that you have class -- at malay mo, baka taasan ung offer sa yo ;)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala naman job na maganda agad ang starting lalo na for non-experienced fresh grads. stepping stone mo lang yan to gain experience.

mali naman yata yang mentality ng parents mo na ipa-stay ka nalang sa bahay at sila nalang magbibigay ng 10K sayo. habang buhay ba nila pwedeng gawin sayo yan? hindi naman yung liit ng salary ang importante, but the experience. hindi mo makukuha sa bahay yan. well, unless kung ang ibig mong sabihin sa bahay e family business nyo. na dun ka sa business nyo magwork at 10K ang bibigay na salary sayo.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yan ang hirap sa mga grad ng mga leading schools dito sa pinas....forgive me for being tactless, pero akala mo kasi kung sino na at hindi na pumapayag na starting ay 10k php lang.sakit ng mga atenista, lasalista, taga up, ua&p yang ganyan.

kung tatanungin nga mga magulang natin, pareho sila ng sahot.sabi ng dad ko, mag cashier nalang ako sa shops namin bigyan niya ako ng 12thou.aangat pa every year.

pero mas gugustuhin kong maging barista/ waiter sa fridays, chilis etc kesa ganun.kikita ako ng 5thou-7thou...but the experience is priceless.at alam kong through that experience, mas malayo ang mararating ko kesa 10 thou bigay lang ng magulang and dping nothing at home.

about declining, tama si badkuk.have the courtesy to contact them and tell them na you are accepting another job offer.hindi nakakhiya yun.mas ok nga yun kasi mature ang dating mo.

goodluck.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    everybody has to start somewhere. some may start from the mail room while others started as sons and daughters of the company. It is not how much you get from the job but what you have achieved as an individual.

mali naman yata yang mentality ng parents mo na ipa-stay ka nalang sa bahay at sila nalang magbibigay ng 10K sayo. habang buhay ba nila pwedeng gawin sayo yan?
    i totally agree!!!

my parents never asked me or even bothered to ask about how much i was getting from my job when i was still working. I guess it is enough for them for me to know how it is to earn my own money.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    i strongly agree with sir glennster... EXPERIENCE is priceless... not all the time eh nandyan ang mga parents to provide ;-)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    gretz, we all have the same sentiments. Don't let the pay discourage you. You need the experience first before you demand a pay check. If you want a high paying job on the first try, then look into call centers. Maybe you'll be happy with what they give.

Turning down a job is easy, just call and say you got hired in another company with a better package.
    Just my two cents!

Sent you PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Everybody has to start somewhere, gaya ng sabi ng karamihan, it's the experience that counts when you are just starting. Ika nga eh, ipon ka muna ng bargaining chip (re experience).

Once you have enough experience, then you can demand a better salary.

Tiis lang muna Manay Gretz, talagang ganyan sa umpisa.

Good Luck

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    well, i agree with you all, actually sabi din ng family ko (since ako nalang ang nagiisang nagaaral and gagraduate na), kung wala kang family business, you really have to start from scratch. Sabi din sakin ni ssaloon, mas maganda kung start ka muna sa scratch kasi experience is very important and priceless for your career. Ok lang sakin kung magstart ako sa pinakamababa, basta ang importante, magkaron ako ng experience and that will be my stepping stone.

I am not sure about this but I know somebody who graduated June last year from a posh university who became a VP right away in their family company. Bilis no? pero i really don't know kung paanong experience ang ginawa nya. I think he will learn a lot if he started from scratch by working muna siguro from other companies then he will bring his experience sa company nila. I have a friend from CSB who graduated last june also. His mom has a company too pero sabi nya mas gusto muna nya mag work sa labas kasi gusto niya maka experience ng pagiging employee muna bago maging big boss. Hindi siya contented sa 10,000 a month allowance na binigay sa kanilang magkakapatid by their mom. Well, ngayon, he is still looking for a job, but for the mean time, he helps his mom sa business nila.

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    10K na ba ang starting ngayon?!?! Lucky new grads!!! Call me cheap but that starting pay is much bigger than the minimum salary. Well, you'll never know the value of money unless you worked hard for it. I envy you guys that your payrents are still giving you money after you graduated from college.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Working in a car company (sales)