New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Sino ang ina-idolize nyo pagdating sa business or career? Sino ang naging malaking influence para pasukin nyo ang business or profession nyo ngayon?

I've always been amazed at those people who start from nothing and progressed to achieve so much in life. My influence is Warren Buffet (The Oracle of Omaha). He is one of the world's richest man but still remains a humble and extremely generous self-made person. On the local front, I would say it is my father. He may not be a super rich businessman but he deals in all honesty and fairness.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    spending is the biggest inspiration of all.

envy also a good motivator. when you have people in your circle of friends who always get the finer things in life, then you'll gonna want what they have to.

and also be on the lookout for people who look down on you. like in my case, I hated my immediate marketing supervisor in IBM Phils. I get to do all the dirty work while he gets all the credit and the commissions. so I promised myself that I will be bigger than him one day.

in my wife's case naman, she liked the business idea of weddings after our wedding . so she started this small biz on wedding only to be frowned upon/looked down upon by power-tripping bloated ego photographers/videographers. so I told her, hey why dont we open a Photoshop franchise. and so we did

the problem with idolizing/worshipping people like Buffet or Jobs, Bill gates or even our local tycoons, they are an open book. you easily get the info about them. and when it's free, you tend to take it for granted. will you therefore act on it or be motivated by it?
    where's the fun in disproving them or in seeing that in your face look when they see you again

kaya nga even in political debates here in tsikot, I never liked the militants/idealists. they have to satisfy a condition first before they stop complaining and start working. be also on guard for people who always tell you it's okay or convince you that life is like this and like that and accept it as it is. they're just sabotaging your will to face the bigger challenges.

and lastly stop the blame game.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the one that SPARKED my biz thinking "powers" was my boss from singapore - he was one hell of a very shrewd businesman!

nakita ko ang both good and bad ways in a business...i pick-up both skills and applied it in my work (properly of course)...it was almost full-proof (i'd say)...my success rate in making biz strategies is about 90% accurate....not bad (for me) eh.

the good part is that I don't even have money when I started...literally laway ang puhunan ko...pero both me and my financial partner is really gaining/earning more than enough (more than what we expected).

the next person i found interesting enough was Donald Trump...halos pareho sila nung "idol" ko na singaporean boss. Trump is what I would term a very good shrewd businessman.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    spending is the biggest inspiration of all
    I believe the question Sir is Who not What. However, I respect your views on the subject matter.

envy also a good motivator. when you have people in your circle of friends who always get the finer things in life, then you'll gonna want what they have to.
    I agree with you on this but even how materially rich you become there will always be someone out there who has a lot of "finer" things in life than what you have. Life is not a race towards accumulating a lot of finer things but keeping your life simple and satisfied. One person is measured by our Divine beholder not because of material wealth but how righteous you lead your life until it expires.

and also be on the lookout for people who look down on you. like in my case, I hated my immediate marketing supervisor in IBM Phils. I get to do all the dirty work while he gets all the credit and the commissions. so I promised myself that I will be bigger than him one day.

in my wife's case naman, she liked the business idea of weddings after our wedding . so she started this small biz on wedding only to be frowned upon/looked down upon by power-tripping bloated ego photographers/videographers. so I told her, hey why dont we open a Photoshop franchise. and so we did
    Congratulations sir!!!

the problem with idolizing/worshipping people like Buffet or Jobs, Bill gates or even our local tycoons, they are an open book. you easily get the info about them. and when it's free, you tend to take it for granted. will you therefore act on it or be motivated by it?
    I disagree with you on this sir. IMHO we don't have to clone their mortal life. We only apply some points that one feels will be a formula for success. Christ's life is also an open book by the way.

where's the fun in disproving them or in seeing that in your face look when they see you again
    We don't have to be competitive all our life. If you have gained so much for yourself then perhaps just be happy because you are blessed as opposed to the majority of the population.

kaya nga even in political debates here in tsikot, I never liked the militants/idealists. they have to satisfy a condition first before they stop complaining and start working. be also on guard for people who always tell you it's okay or convince you that life is like this and like that and accept it as it is. they're just sabotaging your will to face the bigger challenges.
    No one has to be swayed into believing anything. Ultimately, the decision always falls on you alone. Great things in life happen only if one has all the right recipes needed towards success. If one lacks a part, then guidance or education is appropriate. No one is sabotaging nobody. It is only your point of view.

and lastly stop the blame game
    Blame what???

Honestly sir, don't you have anybody in life (relative, teacher, colleague, friend, neighbor, customer, associate, golf buddy, etc.) who you look up to as your inspiration on your successes? As a businessman, have you asked yourself who among the long list of business leaders who most likely started just like you and ended up with great fortune?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ah ok mali ba sagot ko heheh

regarding the who ... yun na nga yun big spenders and people you envy. make them your inspiration

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ERAP hahahaha

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hugh Hefner

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    Hugh Hefner
    good choice! it's always good when you can mix business with pleasure hehe

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Robert Kiyosaki and Donald Trump for me..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    mark cuban :evillaugh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Who is your Business/Career Inspiration?