New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hi peeps,

If anyone can suggest specific products/investments, e.g. Security Bank corporate notes, UITFs, that would be great. i'm looking into ROP bonds, but it seems $25k is the minimum, and they're only available on the secondary market(tama ba term) ?

i currently have some USD's invested in a USD money market fund, average per annum is 1.++% lang :p

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    There are global investment funds (investments in emerging markets) offered by both Sunlife and Pru-Life....

Or you can go forex....

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Hi peeps,

If anyone can suggest specific products/investments, e.g. Security Bank corporate notes, UITFs, that would be great. i'm looking into ROP bonds, but it seems $25k is the minimum, and they're only available on the secondary market(tama ba term) ?

i currently have some USD's invested in a USD money market fund, average per annum is 1.++% lang :p
    Saan meron na $25K which i guess they pool them in? It goes by the hundred K ang bonds.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    There are global investment funds (investments in emerging markets) offered by both Sunlife and Pru-Life....

Or you can go forex....
    Like Areus Capital?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sunlife has a product for USD.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Saan meron na $25K which i guess they pool them in? It goes by the hundred K ang bonds.
    Nabasa ko lang dito sir:

ROPs and Philippine Corporate Bonds

Not really knowledgeable in this area, pero parang ipu-pool nga and bibilhin sa secondary market/fixed income exchange?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I don't know whether they still allow pool in. Yung isang ROP ko 50K with a foreign bank hindi na sila tumangap after that. Lahat full amount na or either more than the full amount, meaning kung 100K par price, you can now buy 120K as well.

ROPs are good investment as it's sure ball fixed interest rate(coupon) annually. It's good to always buy during opening or start up ROPs when their normally below par value. In a year or 2 , pwede ng mag profit taking if you have something new to ventured with otherwise just keep it there and just sleep, interest just come falling like rain. Just like rain, the bigger your investment, the harder the rain falls, the least investment, it just a drizzle.

Problem now is there's no new ROPs as the country $ reserve are in excess. What's coming up lately are corporate bonds in $ & Peso.
    That's how these company generate funds now instead of getting loan from banks for new projects.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Sirs ok na kaya yung Philam Dollar Bond Fund? They seem to be the best performing USD bond fund recently, 90% invested in government securities. Recent at around 7%.

Ang ayaw ko lang, hindi ata to PDIC-backed. Kasi hindi na rin naman stable yung bonds every since they became tradeable?

Meanwhile USD medium term time deposits are at around 2 - 3.++%

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala naman pakialam ang pdic sa bonds and stocks di ba. sa bank savings and current accounts lang sila, and to a maximum of P500k only.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    wala naman pakialam ang pdic sa bonds and stocks di ba. sa bank savings and current accounts lang sila, and to a maximum of P500k only.
    Agree... PDIC is just a joke in this deposit and investment market.... I guess the low coverage is to push for more investment climate.

Ooooopppppsssss, sorry po,- may tinamaan akong isang katoto sa aking sinabi sa itaas....

Sorry po ulit, dear bro...

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    24.5K:nite:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast