New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Curious to know where Tsikoteers put their hard-earned cash into. We could learn a thing or two from the investment choices of others - real estate, jewelry, forex, rare earths, bags, paintings, etc.

Personally, I have a savings account with 6 months worth of expenses. This serves as my emergency fund.

The rest of my savings goes into equal parts stocks and mutual funds.
    I also pay a premium annually for my VUL life insurance.

What about you guys?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Im curious too. I wanted to start a business. I dont want to work anymore. I just need some inputs. Hoping for everyone to cooperate. Thank you tsikoteros and tsikoteras!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i place mine in variable life insurance and mutual funds.
    for mutual funds, i always top it off my 5k every 2 months.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by frostmourn View Post
    Im curious too. I wanted to start a business. I dont want to work anymore. I just need some inputs. Hoping for everyone to cooperate. Thank you tsikoteros and tsikoteras!
    Pretty hard to go into a self-sustaining business right away. It takes a while before you can set your business on autopilot.

Also, unless you're starting with very large capital, you will have to painstakingly build your business to a level where you can live comfortably and not have to be hands-on every single day.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    variable life insurance.. i've finished 2 already.. i can get the money anytime when I need to.. both worth 1M if something happens to me.. so it's a savings if I need the money.. and insurance for my family..

i'm paying off another 1 right now for 36K a year.. 7 years to pay..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I don't have investments I have life insurance which I got when I was a fresh graduate, I regret not getting a VUL instead.

My savings would be my USD and EUR. It does not amount to 6 mos of my gross salary though. I don't deposit the EUR because the bank has a fee of .25% for withdrawal of EUR notes. It's ridiculous, why do I have to pay to withdraw my money?

I plan not to spend my retirement pay, I just qualified since I've been with the company for 5 years. Maybe I will use that as downpayment for real estate. I don't plan to stay in the same company for 10 years anyway.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    matanong ko lang po bakit wala kayo investments? kasi sa pagkakaalam ko close kayo ni ULS. sayang naman kasi meron ka ng kaibigan na financial guru. kumbaga may mentor ka na.

Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I don't have investments I have life insurance which I got when I was a fresh graduate, I regret not getting a VUL instead.

My savings would be my USD and EUR. It does not amount to 6 mos of my gross salary though. I don't deposit the EUR because the bank has a fee of .25% for withdrawal of EUR notes. It's ridiculous, why do I have to pay to withdraw my money?

I plan not to spend my retirement pay, I just qualified since I've been with the company for 5 years. Maybe I will use that as downpayment for real estate. I don't plan to stay in the same company for 10 years anyway.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

May retirement pay kayo even if you don't stay with the company? Gandang benefit niyan ah. Ang alam ko kasi you can only claim the retirement pay when you actually retire, and not when you simply switch companies or leave the corporate world.

Also Cath, not having VUL means you have more budget to invest in stocks directly. Term insurance usually has a lower premium vs VUL insurance, so yung difference, yun ang gamitin mo para maginvest directly via COL or through MF/UITF. Usually naman mas malaki gains ng bank UITF kaysa VUL.

Yung sakin though, I got VUL instead of term insurance kasi parang ang liit ng difference sa coverage for the same premium. It's only 33% higher, eh mahahabol yun ng VUL if you allow it to grow after a few years. So in the long term (~20 years), definitely mas malaki na yung VUL coverage compare to the term insurance coverage. Ewan ko kung san nanggagaling yung criticisms ng iba na mas beneficial pa rin yung term insurance.

Last edited by jut703; June 17th, 2014 at 05:16 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    some companies offer long service pay.. so even if you resign but you got the years of service.. you will get something.. some local banks also offer this..

some had:

5 to 10 years = 25% of 1 month salary X years of service
    10+ to 15 years = 50% of 1 month salary X years of service
    15+ to 20 years = 75% of 1 month salary X years of service
    20+ years above = 100% of 1 month salary X years of service

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    sa company naman namin through provident fund and stocks purchase plan

Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    some companies offer long service pay.. so even if you resign but you got the years of service.. you will get something.. some local banks also offer this..

some had:

5 to 10 years = 25% of 1 month salary X years of service
    10+ to 15 years = 50% of 1 month salary X years of service
    15+ to 20 years = 75% of 1 month salary X years of service
    20+ years above = 100% of 1 month salary X years of service

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Where Do You Invest Your Savings?