New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^^thread title

long story short - just came back from a training in Israel... didn't have time exchange it to dollars bago before i left
    Last edited by Cult Zero; November 26th, 2008 at 09:11 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think banks can still handle that. may mga israeli naman na nagpupunta dito converting their shekels to pesos eh.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    yun din akala ko but i tried a few banks already. hindi sila nagpapalit kasi hindi raw ito major currency sabi ng colleague ko sa may kalookan raw meron. pag no choice na talaga baka try ko dun...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    AFAIK, the shekel is not on the BSP's list of convertible currencies...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Banks should exchange the Shekel. If not straight ka sa BSP.

Kung ayaw ng banks, show them this memorandum.

http://www.bsp.gov.ph/regulations/re...?type=3&id=374

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    OT

baka meron pampalit mga egyptians and palestinians jan.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Boker Tov to the thread starter. You should have changed your shekels at the airport. They are worthless sa Pinas. What you can do is offered that to your colleagues who'll also undergo training in Israel.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by squatt3r View Post
    Boker Tov to the thread starter. You should have changed your shekels at the airport. They are worthless sa Pinas. What you can do is offered that to your colleagues who'll also undergo training in Israel.
    boker tov. yes i should have but i was pressed for time. tapos ang higpit pa sa airport so i thought sa pilipinas ko na lang ipapalit...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    how's Israel? ilang months ka doon? Was relocated in Haifa, Israel for a couple of months while working for a semicon company sa Pinas.

significant amount ba yung shekels na natira sayo?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by squatt3r View Post
    how's Israel? ilang months ka doon? Was relocated in Haifa, Israel for a couple of months while working for a semicon company sa Pinas.

significant amount ba yung shekels na natira sayo?
    its nice. generally, people associate israel with war, west bank, gaze strip etc but its actually a relatively peaceful country (just like the philippines hehe). a guy named yaacov who was the mob boss was killed when i was there so it was all over the news. his car was bombed in tel aviv...

nah bro i just had a 7 day training with two of my colleagues. we stayed in Haifa too and took about a forty minute trip to yokneam everyday for the training. on our last day, our trainor took us to jerusalem for a day tour.

i still have 300 shekels and change...

btw, did you know that haifa is manila's sister city? learned about it in google
    Last edited by Cult Zero; December 8th, 2008 at 10:53 AM.

where can i exchange my shekel?