New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    What was your first job? Did you go corporate or straight into business? Are you still in that industry or has life taken you to a different path?

Reminisce the good old days of youth or give advice to the younger folks starting out.

To start - I took a job at a petroleum company after graduating college.

Fun job that brought me to different places around the country and introduced me to businessmen who helped widen my worldview to more than just corporate. Pay was pretty good relative to other companies and the perks were great.

Have since moved industries for a faster pace, more learning, and of course greener pastures.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; March 2nd, 2020 at 10:43 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Applied for an MT program for a local bank. Got bored kasi na assign ako sa branch sales. So i quit after 6 months.

It was fun though as i was able to meet customers face to face. Got rejected plenty of times. Hehe

Then applied again sa international bank, this time back office. Got bored after 2 years.

Then finally, my current job sa FMCG sector. Pretty dope if you ask me. Was offered to be expatriated after 6 months, so i grabbed the opportunity.

Didn't expect it to be this life changing. Hehe

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    My first job was in a 5 star hotel in Pasay near Coconut palace. I also had may practicum there. I worked there for 5 years.

After that I put up my own business then I became a full time instructor in my alma mater in España and I was part timer in another university in Morayta. Then, I gave up my business and now I am back in the industry and doing some part time teaching in my Alma mater.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i started in a BPO straight out of college.. 25 years ago.. i'm still in that industry now.. tho different position na..

was thinking of going abroad during the Y2K but decided to stay.. and I'm still here up to now.. 2nd company ko pa lang..

ok naman, sabi ko basta kumakain kami nang tama dito sa Pinas.. di ako aalis.. been to other countries din work related.. now konti na lang pwede na mag retire..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I started as an entry level salesman in a fmcg distributor 20 years ago.

No car, no laptop. Just the good old manual DSR and jeeps and buses.

Moved to different companies in different industries. FMCG, IT, Consumer Electronics, Telco.

Retired in the corporate world 5 years ago.
    Last edited by Sarsi; March 3rd, 2020 at 07:21 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    As any kid of a fil-chi father with business, I started very young as a cashier in our store until I graduated college, travelled to different Barrios in the province to sell our goods just like a salesman, got lots of experience and good memories as that where I met my future wife hehehe, then we got hit by the 90's financial crunch, dad closed the store and dad retired and went back to China.

1999 I moved to Manila to look for work and worked at a ceramic factory as a trainee for supervisory position, very interesting job and lots of experiences also, worked there for almost 2 years until the factory closed due to labor strike.

While looking for a job, I joined MLM and that did not work well for me that I have to go to Bacolod and temporarily help my sis at their business but I have to find other job as the salary is not that big to feed my growing family.

I opened a turo-turo restaurant and business is ok but I can't stand the long hours and stress, waking up early and sleeping very late at night.

2003, Got an offer from my dad to work for him and my brother in China and I didn't hesitate that I flew to China right away as I need to feed my family, after a few month, my brother passed away due to illness and after a month or two after my brother died, I got into trouble with my step brother and his wife, they're trying to take over the business that they accused me of stealing, I have to give way as I came late into the business, after that, I started a new company in direct competition with my step brother, to make the very long story short, I won he lost, but it's not easy, I have to endure lot of hardship especially I'm not in my own turf and country, but eventually got there and kicked his a$$.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    yan ang maganda kwento. Tinalo ng chinoy ang chinaman.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinrem View Post
    As any kid of a fil-chi father with business, I started very young as a cashier in our store until I graduated college, travelled to different Barrios in the province to sell our goods just like a salesman, got lots of experience and good memories as that where I met my future wife hehehe, then we got hit by the 90's financial crunch, dad closed the store and dad retired and went back to China.

1999 I moved to Manila to look for work and worked at a ceramic factory as a trainee for supervisory position, very interesting job and lots of experiences also, worked there for almost 2 years until the factory closed due to labor strike.

While looking for a job, I joined MLM and that did not work well for me that I have to go to Bacolod and temporarily help my sis at their business but I have to find other job as the salary is not that big to feed my growing family.

I opened a turo-turo restaurant and business is ok but I can't stand the long hours and stress, waking up early and sleeping very late at night.

2003, Got an offer from my dad to work for him and my brother in China and I didn't hesitate that I flew to China right away as I need to feed my family, after a few month, my brother passed away due to illness and after a month or two after my brother died, I got into trouble with my step brother and his wife, they're trying to take over the business that they accused me of stealing, I have to give way as I came late into the business, after that, I started a new company in direct competition with my step brother, to make the very long story short, I won he lost, but it's not easy, I have to endure lot of hardship especially I'm not in my own turf and country, but eventually got there and kicked his a$$.

Your dad was not born here? It's unusual for fil-chi "to go home" to China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shadow; March 3rd, 2020 at 11:03 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Your dad was not born here? It's unusual for fil-chi "to go home" to China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope, he was born in China, he left China, my mom and my eldest brother at age 18 to work here in the Philippines, me and my youngest brother was born here.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pure chinese ka pala sir born here..

Quote Originally Posted by vinrem View Post
    Nope, he was born in China, he left China, my mom and my eldest brother at age 18 to work here in the Philippines, me and my youngest brother was born here.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast