New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Looking to diversify, we already have some in real estate, retail businesses, a 6.3% TD in a stable bank, also some corporate bonds in another.

What else is available locally now? Mutual funds are not doing so well, as is UITFs, do we wait for some good RTBs? T-Bills?

LTNCDs are great, but we can only acquire from the secondary market. What else is out there now?

Share nyo naman mga good investment vehicles nyo dyan mga masters and finance gurus.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Looking to diversify, we already have some in real estate, retail businesses, a 6.3% TD in a stable bank, also some corporate bonds in another.

What else is available locally now? Mutual funds are not doing so well, as is UITFs, do we wait for some good RTBs? T-Bills?

LTNCDs are great, but we can only acquire from the secondary market. What else is out there now?

Share nyo naman mga good investment vehicles nyo dyan mga masters and finance gurus.
    I hear pagibig mp2 is good

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post

I heard about that, haven't really checked it out yet but now is certainly a good time to do some research.

The only worry I have about GOCCs is how these unscrupulous politicians often use these fund institutions to embezzle the public's money.

Still, thanks very much for the suggestment Sir-kosero! Much appreciated.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    boss san bank yang 6.x % na TD?

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by xwangbu View Post
    boss san bank yang 6.x % na TD?

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk

Bank of Makati boss, in line with their 63rd founding anniversary.

Dati na kaming may 5-year placement sa kanila, nag mature this year lang. Kaya nag place kami ulit, 1M.

Joint account kami ni misis, 500K each para covered parin ng PDIC.

Still better than a lot of other paper investments, and this has a good safety net just in case.

HTH.

Sana may mag share din ng investment portfolio nila. Wag madamot, bad yan!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010

May I ask, what is the MP2 that PAGIBIG is offering, and what are its benefits, advantages and disadvantages?

Sent from my ASUS_Z011D using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    May I ask, what is the MP2 that PAGIBIG is offering, and what are its benefits, advantages and disadvantages?

Sent from my ASUS_Z011D using Tapatalk
    Its a saving program that is guaranteed by the government. Guaranteed in a sense that the face amount will never go down even if pagibig's investments go bankrupt. So if you put in 10k and pagibig have negative growth, you still get your 10k back. Its guaranteed by the governement so only way you lose money is if the government collapses, in which case everything in bank that is pesos loses value, even the money in your wallet.

Down side is your money is tied to pagibig for the next 5 years. But its returns is around 8% per annum so compounded in 5 years, malaki din. Very low risk with moderately high returns

Pwede ka din maghulog monthly. But the returns are not that big anymore

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Even at 7% per annum, your ₱100k nets you about ₱40k in 5 years. That's guaranteed.

Better than any bank at the moment.

Sent using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    May 2009

Down side is your money is tied to pagibig for the next 5 years. But its returns is around 8% per annum so compounded in 5 years, malaki din. Very low risk with moderately high returns

Pwede ka din maghulog monthly. But the returns are not that big anymore

This is one disadvantage with the MP2 product. You cannot get periodic dividends, unlike TDs with monthly, Bonds with quarterly pay outs and other products.

With MP2, your money has to stay with them for the whole term before you get any funds back.

IMHO, most people are just more comfortable getting regular dividends.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    This is one disadvantage with the MP2 product. You cannot get periodic dividends, unlike TDs with monthly, Bonds with quarterly pay outs and other products.

With MP2, your money has to stay with them for the whole term before you get any funds back.

IMHO, most people are just more comfortable getting regular dividends.
    Pwede. Mamimili ka payout kung annual or compounded

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast