May 2014
    spend more time with family

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Nice find, bro.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nah. A few years earlier. In hindsight, I should've skipped college in the PH and taken it in the US instead. If I listened to the guidance from my relatives here, I wouldn't have overloaded my class schedules.

I'm kinda torn on this one. But, I shouldn't have been afraid of my HS crush's 6 older brothers and 1 younger brother. But, they looked like toughies. So, I chickened out.

She never did marry although she has a kid now. Seen photos of her in FB. He He. She has no idea what I look like now though. Better it stays that way.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 21st, 2017 at 04:24 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    Get a job (I started working in my 30s).
    Set long-term goals.
    Save up early for retirement.
    You seem to be doing pretty well now so I guess you made up for whatever time disadvantage you may have had before. 👍
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Build your career and make a good choice in partner. You're set Jut, you have both

This decade is really critical and I think my failure in life is due to the wrong decisions I made in my 20s.

My biggest mistake was not being conscious of time/years (only worked a few years in my 20s and wasted my youth in a dead end relationship)
    I don't think I'm set. I'd consider myself set if I have the capital to start my own business, a safety net to catch me if I fail, and an expansive network to help me grow the business.

All things which I don't have, and will probably have to toil th next couple of decades to achieve.

Some of my batchmates are now running their own businesses (or mostly running their family business), and those are the ones that are really raking it in their 20's.
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    I read this article 5 years ago,

John Gokongwei – Ateneo School of Management Speech, March 22 | Archian Speaks in Bacolod and Dubai

... .. it became my inspiration to (slowly) break out of the corporate mold and go back to my farming roots.

I'm still a corporate slave right now, but I'm proud to say that change has begun.
    JG's story is really inspiring. Equally impressive is how Lance made good use of his privileges to turn their empire from a traditional chinoy business to a multinational-fighting conglomerate.

However, my key takeaway is that it's easier to go into entrepreneurship if you have your back to the wall. What I find most difficult is giving up my corporate career and risking my life savings to get into entrepreneurship.

Most businesses bleed money in the first 2-3 years of operation. 90% of them will not make it past 5 years. I have a wedding to save up for and a house to pay for - I feel that it's very risky for me to go all out right now. I'm not willing to delay my life plans in case I fail entrepreneurship.

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Don't Lie; Don't Cheat; Don't Steal....

Drink Coffee!!! [Love your cars!] Yeah!

Check! Check! Check!

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

32.8K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
    Very good points bro that I think are applicable not only to twentysomethings but to everyone in general. 👍
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Don't be afraid of debt. No better time to invest in relatively riskier ventures than when you're younger.

Take your old man's advice about most things to heart but have your own ideas on how to improve on them as well.

Ask every girl you like out. You'd be surprised how many like you as well.

Save more. A lot more.

Stay connected to your friends.
    As I mentioned above, I have too much on the line if I enter a risky venture now.

I understand that you really have to give up stability for the prospect of exponential wealth, but right now I haven't even maximized my corporate potential and I feel that there's a light at the end of the tunnel of this corporate slavery compared to complete unknown darkness in entrepreneurship.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Does anybody hear of Xian Gaza?

LOOK: This entrepreneur taught networker a hard lesson about “power move” | The Summit Express

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dreamur; June 21st, 2017 at 05:23 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Does anybody hear of Xian Gaza?

LOOK: This entrepreneur taught networker a hard lesson about “power move” | The Summit Express

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Saw this post too. Pareho lang silang mayabang.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

I agree Mayabang na nga, nilabanan pa ng kayabangan. Pareho lang tuloy sila.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007

He won't get my respect even if he owned a private jet. And LV everything? Tacky.

Who the heck spells ako as "acqwoh"

These are the times I miss my crush/heartbreaker, he's so modest and quintessential conyo.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005

low profile daw pero wtf

dala dala niya lahat yan everywhere he goes in case he has to "power back" people

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    First time I heard of the whole power and power back 😂😂😂

That flaunty networking world is not something I want to be part of.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast