New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi. Does anyone know where I can enrol to learn to type properly. I know this sounds retarded but I never really learned to type properly (ASDFG) That's what I get for cheating during my typing class, it doesn't help that we used ancient type writers in typing class.

I am dying to apply for a certain position in my dream company and they require all applicants to have a typing exam. It sounds so clerical but I understand why they require typing proficiency.

For those who do not know, can you ask around? I wish I had Viña as my typing teacher. Hay. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Sorry Sis, can't id one for you. Did you check out with some of the computer classes/institutons in the Malls?

OT: Anyway, just to share my experience, we had a typing class during our third year high school in Paranaque and I should admit that it has greatly helped me later on, in my computer programming / use later in life (steno during our fourth year high school - lost the knowledge....)....

Like typing straight while looking directly at the screen, just like what I am doing now....

6909:seehearspeak:

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If all you need is a certification exam... well... you can buy software to practice typing with.

I'm a self-taught touch-typist... and while I'm not of the 200 wpm variety, I can still type around 60 wpm without looking at the keyboard.

Mas masaya talagang mag-practice sa typewriter... the extra weight of the keys give you something to bounce your fingers off of, and add to your finger strength and precision. When I first started typing on PC keyboards, I was irritated by what was then the fashion of the time, the soft touch (noiseless) keyboards. No weight, no feedback... ang hirap mag-touch type! Thank goodness most keyboards nowadays are spring-loaded again.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If all you need is a certification exam... well... you can buy software to practice typing with.
    Niky's right, I got my kids the game software called "Typer Shark"...

It's a fun way to learn and really simulates actual typing lessons. I'm sure you can get something like this software and you'll turn into a typer freak right at the comfort of your own home

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Where can I buy this software? I found a free online typing class and I was so frustrated about having so many errors. I think I was 9 words per minute. hehe. I have bad coordination and I get confused when I have to return to "home base" and using my pinky on certain keys. Around how long kaya to learn if I practice 1 hour a day?

My friend told me that I shouldn't use my laptop in practicing eh I don't have a typewriter naman.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1 hour should be enough, plus whatever time you type to work.

For practice, you can buy a cheapo-cheapo full-sized USB keyboard and stick it to the laptop. It'll have more space and a full keyboard layout... and it'll allow you to type at a higher speed.

I don't know what programs are current, but there's always "Typing of the Dead", which you might be able to pick up cheap at a software store in the budget racks...

Practice is all it is. Practice typing common words so that you don't even have to think to type them (words like "the", "and" and "prestidigitation"... ) and practice keeping your hands in the proper position (instead of wandering around pecking at letters with your index fingers).

It's quite easy. Just takes a lot of practice.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    cool, now you have to type in like crazy with your adrenaline maxed out
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi, Cathy.

I learned to touch-type using an old DOS-based software called ATI Typing Tutor. While I was learning to type, I was also learning about the history of computers at the same time. I hit two birds with one stone. It disciplined me into keeping my fingers on the home keys all the time.

Up to now, I still find that software to be a lot better than the modern windows-based typing tutors. I haven't tried it on Vista, though, but I think it will still work.

Typer Shark is fun, but ATI is still the best... Modesty aside (waaaay, way aside ), it's what made me a 75wpm (at least) typist today (on computers, ha, not on typewriters )

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hello Cathy,

Are you a touch typist now? If you're still having problems with your pinky, don't worry. The pinky is the hardest to finger to train. Just keep on practicing and you're pinky will memorize the letters.

Good luck!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Where can I buy this software? I found a free online typing class and I was so frustrated about having so many errors. I think I was 9 words per minute. hehe. I have bad coordination and I get confused when I have to return to "home base" and using my pinky on certain keys.
    practice makes perfect!

Typing Class