New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which is a better car to use as taxi?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hyundai Accent CRDi

12 60.00%
  • Nissan Sentra convert to LPG

8 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I'd like to start a taxi business with an initial fleet of 5 units. However, I have a few Qs:

1. Which to get? Hyundai Accent (CRDi Diesel) or Nissan Sentra (LPG)?
    2. Pros and cons?
    3. How to register and get a franchise? (Will set up a company for this purpose, e.g. MGM Taxi, Munich Taxi Company)

This is my first time and the previous posts/threads about "taxi business" had been helpful but I still am not particularly sure about them, especially how and where to get franchise and the process.

TIA!
    Last edited by russpogi; July 3rd, 2008 at 02:47 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sentra with LPG still more cost effective than a diesel.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the population of Nissan Sentra N16 taxi cabs (lpg) vs Hyundai Accent answers it, the Sentra is still better.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    I'd like to start a taxi business with an initial fleet of 5 units. However, I have a few Qs:

1. Which to get? Hyundai Accent (CRDi Diesel) or Nissan Sentra (LPG)?
    2. Pros and cons?
    3. How to register and get a franchise? (Will set up a company for this purpose, e.g. MGM Taxi, Munich Taxi Company)

This is my first time and the previous posts/threads about "taxi business" had been helpful but I still am not particularly sure about them, especially how and where to get franchise and the process.

TIA!
    cost per km for the LPG equipped car is still lower considering the cost discrepancy between Diesel and LPG. Even though the Diesel consumes less fuel/km compared to the LPG equipped car. And besides, maintenance costs for CRDi engines are higher than the LPG equipped cars.

yung registration, you have to get a name/company first with SEC, tapos pag nasa iyo na yung SEC mo, punta ka sa LTFRB for the franchise. Please take note na pagpunta mo sa LTFRB. Tapos you get the details there (meters, etc.)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sir ang first question po before kayo mag taxi kung meron kayo franchise kasi kung wala sarado ang taxi franchise ang option mo lang is bumili ng 2nd hand unit with line tapos substitute mo ng bagong unit. Mas ok po vios ang gawin niyo na taxi kasi yun accent na CRDi hindi po tatagal na taxi yan dahil uusok din yan agad dahil iba ang gamit pag taxi. Tsaka tanong ko lang din kung hands on ba kayo sa taxi business kung hindi medyo mahihirapan kayo. Medyo mahirap po mag taxi business marami kayo ma encounter na problema sa driver, LTO tsaka mga pulis. Check mo lang yun post ko sa goon squad di ko pa post yun lahat ng driver namin na nag iwan ng taxi lagpas 20 cguro. Nasa taxi business din kami we own 30 plus units ng taxi karamihan vios.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Salamat po sa mga inputs! Kse naman, initially I was looking at the Sentra. I became confussed however when I saw the Accent. Also, Hyundai Greenhills actually brought the unit here in Makati for me to test drive. Great customer service!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Nissan Sentras with LPG option would probably be better suited for taxi operation. On the other hand, the Hyundai Accent would, perhaps be nice for shuttle service and/or car rental business.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Salamat po sa mga inputs! Kse naman, initially I was looking at the Sentra. I became confussed however when I saw the Accent. Also, Hyundai Greenhills actually brought the unit here in Makati for me to test drive. Great customer service!
    Russ, feedback naman sa new venture mo. Okay ba ang taxi biz?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Accent is far better but you have to know if your drivers KNOW how to actually drive a diesel intelligently. Petrol drivers are used to high rpm driving since petrol engines are practically torqueless compared to CRDIs so you have to rev the nuts off it to get the thing moving.

I've ridden in those Accent taxis and it's really nice inside aside from the very cool AC. Some drivers complain it's not as thrifty as they only get 14km from a liter of diesel. Some praise it's efficiency as they get far higher mileage out of a liter. So it's a matter of a driver thing.

Accent would be best suited for long range travel though being diesel.

Nissan is oK. Whenever I ride taxis, I wait for this as much as possible. It's big and spacious inside aside from the Nissan trademark of freezing AC. ;-)

Good luck on this new venture. ;-)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    how much money should i spend for a single unit? thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Taxi Business: Hyundai Accent or Nissan Sentra?