New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Payag ba kayo sa tax on text messaging?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oo

0 0%
  • Hindi

9 100.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    malamang sa prepaid card, witholding tax ang ipapatupad hahaha. kuha na kagad ng BIR mag-text ka pa lang by automatically subtracting the tax. mas madali mauubos pasaloads and prepaid credits.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Tax na naman lahat na lang nilalagyan ng tax eh kung itigil kaya nila pangungurakot.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ^ +1000000

the gov't should increase the tax on pldt and globe (and the other telcos), not pass it on to consumers

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    ^^^+1 this so true... tignan mo na lang kung magkano ang profit nila last year at paano sila nag-expand in a very short span of time.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    I would disagree partly with that...

I work for a mobile telco company and there's no tax specific for text messages. VAT is applicable to the load or MSF but not on the service per se.

IMO - the reason that the NTRC is proposing this is because telco companies have been exploiting this "loophole" by offering "free" SMS or calltime on top of the usual prepaid load or MSF.

All activities of the prepaid subs are captured in a telco's network elements. All your activities can be traced regardless if it is a prepaid or postpaid subscriber.
    bro..i beg to differ. all text price is inclusive of evat. so your P1 text 12% of the P1 goes already to the government.

postpaid subscribers free sms and calls are part of the Monthly service fee customers pay and yes... kasama na rin ang evat doon sa MSF nila

therefore..its true..if they implement more tax for consumers..its almost double taxation.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sa atin na nga ipinasa yung dagdag na tax sa mga mobile company tapos tax na naman sa SMS kung naaalala ninyo yung 100 free text messages sa 300 pesos prepaid card naging 36 free text na lang.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    not in favor one sided sila eh but we have no choice

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    If those taxes are translated to services, I wouldn't mind... PERO HINDI EH!!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    I would disagree partly with that...

I work for a mobile telco company and there's no tax specific for text messages. VAT is applicable to the load or MSF but not on the service per se.

IMO - the reason that the NTRC is proposing this is because telco companies have been exploiting this "loophole" by offering "free" SMS or calltime on top of the usual prepaid load or MSF.

All activities of the prepaid subs are captured in a telco's network elements. All your activities can be traced regardless if it is a prepaid or postpaid subscriber.

As far as I know, the total charges for SMS messages are added to the total voice calls and fixed charges. Then the VAT of 12% is added to this amount to arrive at the total amount due. Its not true that the SMS is not already subject to tax.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Telcos fined for failing to reduce rates by P.20 - Manila Standard Today

Hmmm. If they want add'tl tax on telco's dapat dun sa luxury products or services not sa necessity like text messaging.

Furthermore maganda punto ni Chiz, per second charging sana sa calls at auto rebate sa dropped calls!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Tax on text messaging...papayag ba kayo?