New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesboy View Post
    thank you sir jhnkvn at sir clavel.

IF EVER i will pursue this business this will be my first
    kaya gusto ko muna humingi ng opinyon kung ok ba tong papasukan ko. since di naman big time, ang gusto ko muna sana yung mga designs ko benta muna through social media, mga couple shirts, funny shirts, o kaya mga intramurals uniform shirt sa mga studyante. hehe!
    hindi pa naman ako maguumpisa, kelangan ko pa siguro magresearch kahit isang buwan lang, nanonood na din ako how-to video sa youtube using heat press, etc.
    As an entrepreneur, rule of thumb is always to start small. 99.2% of us aren't Manny Pangilinan who has hordes of capable managers below him at his beck and call. So start small.. just the basic materials and start printing a design you can sell. The problem with profit and easy barriers of entry is that... sobrang dami mo competitors. As in masmadami pa kaysa sa food cart business You see people selling off couple shirts, X or Y university shirts, anime shirts (small but effective niche IMO.. I still buy from them), and 2012 was the year of the 9gag t-shirts.

If you want to be your own boss, it's way harder than working for somebody.. and I am serious at this. Work harder than everybody.. even if it means postponing your inuman sessions until you're really "free". Research is good.. but I won't recommend "researching" for too long. The reason being is that I find that people become scared the more research they do. I always tell entrepreneurs to simply.. "do it" after knowing the basics.

So, how do you learn the basics? The best way is to.. find and ask your competition on how they managed to stand up. For sure may isa sa kilala mo nasa T-shirt printing business. It's not that hard to locate. Kung wala sa mga kilala mo, then ask sa mga kilala mo na kilala nila. Wag na mahiya.. sa business kilangan makapal mukha hell, I've gone on "dates" with grannies (yun tipong 60 plus years old na) just to extract information regarding a business.

P.S. Old people give information "freely" thanks to.. well.. old age. Konting bola here and there na maganda pa si grandma will serve you a long way indeed. Hahahaha..

Many says that business is all about relationships and that's pretty true. So set up an "appointment" and begin asking questions. You can be upfront -- "pare, gusto ko kasi magtayo ng T-shirt printing business so pano niyo ba ginawa?" as I believe truth is great. Most people will oblige in telling you naman as fellow entrepreneurs... basta di lang kayo nasa same "area of operation".

Many have failed and few simply lasts more than a year. This is the same with every other business naman. In the retail clothing, there's always profits to be found if successful. Success... depends on you. In this case, "gano ka kalakas magbenta?"

Remember, alot of "brands" you know started out small. T-Shirt Project or the maker of Spoofs was relatively unknown dati. Now they have stores sa Trinoma and changes their "spoofs" every few months or so. Although bumagal na yun sales nila (there's always fads in the industry), they're still there.. at least sustainable yun business diba? Collezione is another success story.. naging uso sila thanks to the polo shirts with the Philippine islands logo on them. They effectively rode the "nationalism" wave when Cory died and the presidential race was ongoing.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    As with any "selling" business, know your target market because it dictates your price. Plano mo ba magbenta sa masa or middle-income?

There are two dominant types of materials used in the production of fabrics. These are natural cotton and synthetic polyester. I won't spoonfeed you sa mga categories nila.. you can easily Google them.

Usually, "middle-income" t-shirt's going to cost you roughly Php85 to Php120 from garment houses depending on quality. These are usually cotton-polyester fabrics much like what you see in Folded and Hung and Bench (yan, alam niyo na magkano mark-up niyo)

On fabrics, cotton is great.. everybody loves it is because it's plush and all. Tignan niyo briefs niyo, usually cotton yan paghindi, kakamot kayo ng kakamot dyan Polyester as a material is something third-world countries love. First, because it's cheaper than cotton and two, it gives structure to the fabric so after 100 washes, okay parin yan unlike that in pure cotton. Trade-off? It's hot and uncomfortable to wear.

Dapat by now, you should know what types of fabrics are "sellable" sa mga Baclaran or what types are sellable in Greenhills. Remember, target market lang yan. Much like you don't build or sell a high-priced home sa low-income community, you don't sell "expensive" sa masa.

As with any business venture, learn learn learn... and learn some more.

O, hangang dyan nalang ako. Anything more would be best to be explored by yourself. So good luck nalang dyan.

Disclosure on industry experience: As long as nasa Metro Manila ka, you've worn our products at some point of your life. Trust me on that.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; August 18th, 2013 at 02:35 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    salamat boss. As in salamat talaga sa time mo para matuto pa ako.

yes may kilala na rin ako may tshirt printing business pero malayo sa akin at hindi rin sa metro manila yung plano kung place para itayo ang negosyo sir, sa probinsiya at sa pagkakaalam ko wala pang digital tshirt printing biz dito sa town namin, puro silk screen lang. kaya tingin ko advantage na yun sakin at kung sa presyuhan pwde na rin siguro tapatan, depende na lang sa quality ng tshirt. hehe! at pag ok naman ang tshirt printing siguro expand na rin ako sa mug printing at meron na akong nakitang 6in1 na pwede sa mga ganun.

tama ka sir, siguro wag masyado yung research, minsan ksi may makikita/mababasa kang hindi kumita at nalugi na negosyo, downside na sayo yun kasi magaalangan kana kung gusto mo paba ituloy o hindi, db?

again thanks for your time sir jhnkvn, kahit 1:00 am na nagreply ka pa rin.

4. Join Date
    May 2013
    nakabili ako ng set of printer and heat press machine dyan sa tees and prints. home based business sana ni misis when she resigned from her job. maganda din sana income, kaso naka 30shirts lang yata kami nagawa,nagkaroon ng magandang job offer si Misis so wala nang nag asikaso.. nakatago nalang yung equipments since then.

if you want, i'll sell them to you at 50% off of original price. pm me nalang if you're interested. the printer is epson, digital yung timer and temp settings ng heat press.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Disclosure on industry experience: As long as nasa Metro Manila ka, you've worn our products at some point of your life. Trust me on that.
    Ayaw pa sabihin.

Maitanong nga sa mutual friend natin kung ano yan products mo..... :hysterical:

---

BTT:

*piscesboy: Bago ka siguro magtayo ng business, do an observation first sa mga mataong lugar. Usually SM. Ano ba sinusuot ng tao parati? Printed t-shirt na may tribal, cotton na onti lang design, yun sobrang halatang fake na fred perry... etc.

Then kapag napinpoint mo na ano yun malakas, then dun ka na mag-produce. Kahit small inventory lang -- to see if papatok.

Pwede ka rin magbenta ng car-related t-shirt then i-market mo sa mga enthusiasts. This will be easy lang if you're part of many car clubs... or maybe here as well. Marami din ang interested.

TShirt printing usually malakas yan kapag election. Try mo din magkaron ng connection sa politicos. Baka pagdating ng election tawagin ka nila...

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bakaldos View Post
    nakabili ako ng set of printer and heat press machine dyan sa tees and prints. home based business sana ni misis when she resigned from her job. maganda din sana income, kaso naka 30shirts lang yata kami nagawa,nagkaroon ng magandang job offer si Misis so wala nang nag asikaso.. nakatago nalang yung equipments since then.

if you want, i'll sell them to you at 50% off of original price. pm me nalang if you're interested. the printer is epson, digital yung timer and temp settings ng heat press.
    pwede pa post ng picture yung heat press sir? ano pong brand yung stahl or dragonpress?

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Ayaw pa sabihin.

Maitanong nga sa mutual friend natin kung ano yan products mo..... :hysterical:

---

BTT:

*piscesboy: Bago ka siguro magtayo ng business, do an observation first sa mga mataong lugar. Usually SM. Ano ba sinusuot ng tao parati? Printed t-shirt na may tribal, cotton na onti lang design, yun sobrang halatang fake na fred perry... etc.

Then kapag napinpoint mo na ano yun malakas, then dun ka na mag-produce. Kahit small inventory lang -- to see if papatok.

Pwede ka rin magbenta ng car-related t-shirt then i-market mo sa mga enthusiasts. This will be easy lang if you're part of many car clubs... or maybe here as well. Marami din ang interested.

TShirt printing usually malakas yan kapag election. Try mo din magkaron ng connection sa politicos. Baka pagdating ng election tawagin ka nila...
    more of gamers shirt sana din gusto since gamer din ako. haha! pero pwede rin car related shirts basta ba order kayong tsikoters. haha!

Re: politiko - meron din ako kilala kasi sa lgu nagtratrabaho yung kasambahay ko e, sayang nga at katatapos lang ng election. hehe!
    ngayong barangay election naman e hindi rin magpaparint yung tatakbong kapitan, wait na lang ulit ng 3 years mabilis lang naman panahon. hehe

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    This is a saturated industry at this point in time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by romeocharlie View Post
    This is a saturated industry at this point in time...

hi sir! are you saying its not advisable to put this kind of business?
    can you suggest a better business proposal then?

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesboy View Post
    hi sir! are you saying its not advisable to put this kind of business?
    can you suggest a better business proposal then?
    Hinde sa dinidiscourage kita, pero dati gusto ko din i-try toh pero nun nagmarket study ako, online at yung old-skul type tshirt printing business - i find it hard to compete against existing shops.. Not unless may sure ka nang market dito..

Yun kaseng mga nagtatak ng shirt for school uniform (silkscreen), marunong na din sila ng heatpress so if your prospective market eh org shirts, think again - kase they can offer variety on prints and they are competitive in pricing..

Couple shirts naman: hinde ba downfall na ang fad ng couple shirts? Parang dati they are cool, pero ngayon parang baduy na?

Gamer shirts? Parang limited market. Kase most of gamers are student, they would only spend for gaming shirts kung meron mga competition (local or national) to represent their group or shop.. Other than that, i dont see them wearing it everyday.. Not unless masyado na silang addict sa game.. Heehhehe

Car shirts - eto magandang market. Advantage kung magaling ka sa photoshop that you can edit designs to make it more unique.. Ang kumpetensya mo dito ay yung mga car shirts sa greenhills..

Replica shirts - ok din... You can copy designs of pricey ones like sportshirts.. Just invest on a good clothing brand, kung blue corner at kentucky lang din - halatang peke..

So far, yan mga naisip ko na possible red flags bout this industry.. I suggest pag-aralan mo muna, kaya mo ba? Are you artistic enough? Do you do well in marketing? What do you think would be your best selling design? What price range are you targetting? I have a student na naging successful sa line na toh, lahat sya ang gumagawa = design + print + market. Kung may difficulties ka in one area, you might have to consider another business.. And to what it is? Depende sayo, ano ba interest mo? Ano ba kaya mo? And do you have a market for it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast