New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    Not hold forever. shelter lang. magkaiba lang tayo.
    Medyo buy and hold lang, hindi naman malaki.

Kanya kanya na paraan yan.

Bakit mali ba iyon? Ano ba tama?
    you said all there is to know about stocks is when cash and stock dividends are paid out

so your view in buying stocks is to hold them to collect dividends

for you, there's no such thing as buying and selling stocks for profit? (capital gains)

amazing

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    you said all there is to know about stocks is when cash and stock dividends are paid out

so your view in buying stocks is to hold them to collect dividends

for you, there's no such thing as buying and selling stocks for profit? (capital gains)

amazing
    with my limited judgement...

for now, receiving dividends sums up the performance of the stocks.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    sorry kung medyo ot pero itong thread ata pinaka relevent sa tanong ko

if you have a mutual fund w/c is dollar based, do you think it's alright to divest now given the exchange rate and the prevailing economic condition worldwide? we've had it for the past 4 (or so) years and kumita naman siya ng $1.2k as of last month.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Don't look at the currency exchange rate as a basis to get out. Will the fund still go up or will it go down that's the basis for investing or divesting...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^oo naman bro. i totally get your point. but we're looking to divest and this is one of the candidates among all our placements (peso MFs at UITFs). kelangan kasi ng additional funds to reinvest in our family properties in the province. so the question remains, is it the right time (not necessarily this week naman)?

btw, hindi siya sunlife pero alfm dollar bond fund. again, i apologize for the slight ot mga mods

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Dunno that's your call. Yan hairap sa mga MF you dunno what they invest in at a given point laging monthly updates na lang as opposed to buying your own stocks alam mo at what price mo binili...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    RE ALFM dollar bond fund

the fund invests in USD denominated sovereign and corporate debt

Phil sov and corporate bonds, Asia Pac sov and corporate bonds

NAVps is very sensitive to interest rate fluctuations

interest rate fluctuations affect bond prices which affects NAVps

ang hirap sa bond mutual fund, as a retail customer, you can't track the performance of the individual bonds in the portfolio coz you don't know exactly what bonds are in the portfolio

so di mo talaga alam kung ano direction papunta yung NAVps

sorry, i can't comment on timing to buy or sell

based on this: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=ALFMDBF:PM, it is already off its peak
    Last edited by uls; November 16th, 2010 at 11:34 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^oo naman bro. i totally get your point. but we're looking to divest and this is one of the candidates among all our placements (peso MFs at UITFs). kelangan kasi ng additional funds to reinvest in our family properties in the province. so the question remains, is it the right time (not necessarily this week naman)?

btw, hindi siya sunlife pero alfm dollar bond fund. again, i apologize for the slight ot mga mods
    If you need liquidity in the next 90days to reinvest in your properties in the
    province then now is the right time to pull out.

After XMAS baka marami kailangan ng pang ikot na pera.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sun Life Financial Balanced Fund - Is it a good time to invest?