New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    meron din small palay buying/selling misis ko...
    btw, sir erdiedizon post summed it all, if not gave you concrete idea of what you need..
    importante talaga yung bodega, drier (solar or flatbed), truck panghakot/deliver, timbangan, dedicated na tauhan (like your driver can be your classifier), more tauhan
    need mo din iayos business permits, DTI/BIR registration and others, inquire ka sa municipality mo anong mga requirements...
    depende sa area mo pero seasonal din ang palay. but if kung diretso ang cropping year round ng farmers sa lugar mo, tuloy-tuloy ang pagbili mo if not sa harvest time lang marami...
    be mindful din prices varies too, opposite ng presyo ng gas na ang bilis tumaas, ang presyo ng palay ang bilis bumaba hehehe...
    sa amin sa Pangasinan, kapag umpisa ng anihan ok pa presyo, pero kapag nagharvest na ang Nueva Ecija at bumaba ang palay from Isabela, bagsak presyo na agad yan...
    if you want to stock sa bodega mo ang sell later pwede rin pero as mentioned, matutulog konti puhunan mo.
    get in touch with sir erdie, he seemed to be in know sa business...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cristian ZDN View Post
    Thank you for Your Share Sir ErDie,
    Bodega(12m x 10m x4mh) will be constructed by next month hopefully, may bilaran nadin galing sa Pamana Organization which is nasa lupa namin, sabi ng PAMANA priority na magbilad ng palay ay ung nag pahiram ng lupa sa kanila for 20 years, after 20 yrs ung bilaran ay magiging sa amin na. So kaya i took the advantage of building a bodega dahil may Bilaran na, so pwede na un dahil priority naman kami na may ari ng lupa na magbilad ng Palay : )

Opo yan ang balak ko, buy sacks of palay galing sa anihan then patuyuin then stock muna sa bodega after sometime deal to palengke then milled it. siguro dahil sa baguhan palang i would sell it small higher than the time na binili ko sa anihan.
    Sir more likely how do you pay the prson who works for you? halimbawa sa pagbilad ng palay as pagbuhat? per sack ba bayad mo?how much naman po? saan ako makakatipid sa cavan or per sack?

Sir can you share how to compute if bibili ako ng sariwang palay mga palagay natin 100sacks at 44kls per Sack at 17pesos per kilo? how much will it cost per kilo after mabilad po?

Maraming Salamat
    Hi again, lets assumed that 100 bags eh 44kgs lahat meaning 100x44= 4400x 17pesos=74,800 pesos, u need to invest sa maganda at parehas na timbangan po.
    Assuming that palay was fresh form farm harvester ang ng cut u need to dry it minimum 2days po, versus kung reaper ang ng cut meaning medyu na dry na siya ng konti so most likely 1day bilad is enough:
    We mostly pay our labors per cavan last time we pay them 10pesos per cavan even they dry to palay for 2 days.
    10x100= 1000pesos, u still need to watch them out as lalo na kung dimo kilala lahat ng tauhan nyu,my mga loko din kasi na magsasalok ng kahit isang cavan lang na dimo namamalayan. Haha

Back to the computation. Ung 100 cavan na 44 kilos each. Once dry na po yan aataras ang kilo nya, assuming again depende sa pagka harvest and pagkakabilad. 44 kilos most likely aatras ng around 2-3 kilos po as mentioned it depends gaano pagka harvest[emoji3]
    If u got it only for 17pesos per kilo
    Then u sold it at 20pesos per kilo nalang.
    U less the labors pay and so on profit was still there yah...
    By the way, be careful of planning to stock since prone ito sa mga insecto, worst is magkaroon ng daga sa budega nyu? Invest some good screen sa mga gaps nang budega, chaka pala matalinong pusa.lol
    Other than pagbibilad then u want it to sell as bigas sa market thats also good one, higher profit than sell the palay to the milling stations. But its more tedious than latter.
    Well tama po its really seasonal specially sa tag ulan thats consider your rest days. But its up to you, lets say you have some trucks na you can source other incomes from trucks.
    Sorry if I didnt answer your questions in proper order. Hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Hi! I intend to put up a solar drier within the year with my aunt for our own use and maybe rent it out. Maybe expand to buy and sell later on but it is ways off. We already have a bodega but is very limited. 100-150 sacks lang i think capacity nun primarily to store harvest from our family's field. So not much. We have idle land so the intention is to put up a solar drier. What do you think is the minimum size for starters...sqm per sack? Also how thick do you need the concrete to be..enough to allow trikes over it when hauling in/out the produce? Thanks!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    Hi! I intend to put up a solar drier within the year with my aunt for our own use and maybe rent it out. Maybe expand to buy and sell later on but it is ways off. We already have a bodega but is very limited. 100-150 sacks lang i think capacity nun primarily to store harvest from our family's field. So not much. We have idle land so the intention is to put up a solar drier. What do you think is the minimum size for starters...sqm per sack? Also how thick do you need the concrete to be..enough to allow trikes over it when hauling in/out the produce? Thanks!

My idea in for solar drier of course the bigger the better, in future u might expand as business no regrets diba? I have no exact idea how thick our solar drier haha sorry for that, but i also think the thicker the better, dont think about trikes, think about trucks na pag nag load na sila if the concrete is thin then its wont last. Ours already thick pero marami parts nadin ang repair this few years dahil sa mga truck namin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Sir, the access road includes a small bridge and light vehicles lang kaya. Up to a pick.up truck lang at most...kaya realistically i'm considering trikes lang muna. But i get your point, foresight and thinking big. Salamat sa input sir!

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    When you construct a slab for grain sun drying, consider these factors:
    A. Lay 6 mil polyethylene plastic vapor barrier on compacted soil or ground,
    B. Use 10 mm reinforcing steel bars at 16 inches on center intervals both lengthwise and crosswise.
    C. On top of the rebars lay wire mesh of 2inch.
    D. Reinforce the edges by at least double the thickness of the slab with same width ( edge)
    E. Concrete at its thinnest should not be less than 4"" with the reinforcement bars and wire mesh in the middle.
    F. Slope each section at 1/2 inch per foot of width ( for rain drain.
    G. Tarpaulin to cover the drying/dried grains should cover to about about a foot less than the width valley to valley.
    The tarp is a precautionary measure in case the rain starts to Dro and you don't have enough time or manpower to bag the grains.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Concrete minimum strength at 2500 psi compressive strength

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mina_nuka View Post
    When you construct a slab for grain sun drying, consider these factors:
    A. Lay 6 mil polyethylene plastic vapor barrier on compacted soil or ground,
    B. Use 10 mm reinforcing steel bars at 16 inches on center intervals both lengthwise and crosswise.
    C. On top of the rebars lay wire mesh of 2inch.
    D. Reinforce the edges by at least double the thickness of the slab with same width ( edge)
    E. Concrete at its thinnest should not be less than 4"" with the reinforcement bars and wire mesh in the middle.
    F. Slope each section at 1/2 inch per foot of width ( for rain drain.
    G. Tarpaulin to cover the drying/dried grains should cover to about about a foot less than the width valley to valley.
    The tarp is a precautionary measure in case the rain starts to Dro and you don't have enough time or manpower to bag the grains.
    Any estimate per sqm nito sir? Just a ballpark figure to estinate the cost of the project. Thanks!

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Sorry, I haven't built this in the country and I don't know how much the labor would be. Calculate how much materials are and canvass locally. Bear in mind reinforcing steel bar splice are at16" .

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Each cubic yard of mixed cement and aggregate makes approximately 80 square feet.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast