New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    naaapektuhan na kasi sila ng puregold na sumusulpot na din kung saan saan.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    So kung ako naman ang supplier, huli ko idedeliver items ko sa sm.

Imho, might be some reasons are inside trading. May nakakwentuhan lang ako na minsan daw like furnitures and etc etc, nakakaorder din sila using sm. Then baka may mauutak na maliliit na retailer sa tabi ng sm na selling the same at veru cheap margin.

Might be eto reason bakit nila ginawa ito. Nagiging storage pa ng mga tao nila ung mall mismo.

Just my 2cents.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    SM forgets that they were also once a small company doing business like everyone else.
    This i think is something that they forgot about, big time. Very sad indeed as the company had quite humble beginnings. I think this has become more evident as the health of Tatang deteriorated and the next generation took over the day-to-day operations.

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    to discourage suppliers from supplying competitors

make it harder for suppliers to supply to both SM and competitors

so you choose -- SM o kalaban ng SM
    I was told before by one SM supplier on how they employ underhanded tactics to hamper supplies to competitors who are beating them.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    a stop gap solution would be, drop off the other customers goods first and leaving theirs last.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If SM insists on it's policy, we will then only delivery to SM if and when we have a delivery truck full of their goods. It will be SM's problem to send enough purchase orders to fill a delivery truck otherwise we will just continue serving our other customers... and many of them are growing big as well. We have other customers to serve that are not unreasonable in their policies.
    Hindi ba may penalty din if hindi ka maka deliver?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    naaapektuhan na kasi sila ng puregold na sumusulpot na din kung saan saan.
    yep

i think SM is afraid of Puregold

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    yep

i think SM is afraid of Puregold
    Then you have Puregold in a tie-up with Ayala.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by loidch View Post
    a stop gap solution would be, drop off the other customers goods first and leaving theirs last.
    Yes, this is doable. Which leaves me to think na that the reason they want to implement this new rule is for a faster turnaround time ng mga delivery vans sa area nila. I've seen vans off-load stuff to get to the back na nandoon pala ang goods for the client. Call it bad planning on the supplier but I believe SM doesn't want to be a part of it due to the delays. They want those trucks in, drop their goods at the fastest time possible, and out as fast as they could.

Just think the number of goods SM is selling with a loading dock na ka-liit liit. You'll see a lot of vans also queuing outside.
    Last edited by Mguy; July 17th, 2013 at 11:02 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post
    So kung ako naman ang supplier, huli ko idedeliver items ko sa sm.

Imho, might be some reasons are inside trading. May nakakwentuhan lang ako na minsan daw like furnitures and etc etc, nakakaorder din sila using sm. Then baka may mauutak na maliliit na retailer sa tabi ng sm na selling the same at veru cheap margin.

Might be eto reason bakit nila ginawa ito. Nagiging storage pa ng mga tao nila ung mall mismo.

Just my 2cents.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You cannot do that because SM sets a day and time when you can drop off your delivery.

Example: every Tuesday, 9am to 12noon to line up for receiving your delivery's papers... then your truck spends the rest of the day waiting for them to receive your goods. That might take an hour to six hours or even more.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 17th, 2013 at 11:00 AM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    This i think is something that they forgot about, big time. Very sad indeed as the company had quite humble beginnings. I think this has become more evident as the health of Tatang deteriorated and the next generation took over the day-to-day operations.

I was told before by one SM supplier on how they employ underhanded tactics to hamper supplies to competitors who are beating them.
    very Kano ang style

the generation after Tatang is more westernized

if you're familiar with Walmart's business practices you can sense SM using Walmart-style tactics (like Walmart pressures suppliers to sell goods below cost or at lower prices than to other retailers)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast