New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Guys, Nissan urvan ba ang pinakamagandang pang shuttle service and what specific type? Tsaka, san ba ako mas makakatipid, I do everything on my own or is it better to go through UV Express or similar company?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by samcoy View Post
    Guys, Nissan urvan ba ang pinakamagandang pang shuttle service and what specific type? Tsaka, san ba ako mas makakatipid, I do everything on my own or is it better to go through UV Express or similar company?
    Having observed our family's van for rent for almost three years, I would say that a good investment would be to buy what suits your budget. You can opt for Nissan Urvan (1.079M 15-seater) or Toyota HiAce Commuter (1.215M) which I have now.

Now, the downside with Urvan is the slower engine and cheaper body built than the Commuter.Latang lata yung katawan. You'll prove this when you close its doors. Parang truck . And when fully loaded, it angles like its gonna take off hehe. But the upside would be lesser outgoing money upon purchasing and of course cooler aircon, softer suspension. Bang for the buck van talaga ang Urvan.

I cannot comment further sa Commuter coz 1.5 weeks pa lang sya saken. Main comparison would be quieter engine (esp when Idle), more powerful engine (102hp - turbo charged) and sturdier body, albeit not-so-soft suspension and ride. Also, when fully loaded, it doesn't look like it is because of the better suspension. One caveat is the absence of mags despite having an over 1M price tag.

As for the choice of getting a franchise, good luck on that Walang halos nagbebenta ng linya ngayon, kung meron man almost 100-120K iyan. I've heard from gossips that LTO insiders buy the franchise rights for 30K or so and resell it outside at a much higher price. That's why we never opt to go UV or GT express. Upside of getting one is the constant income you would have when your van will operate daily or every weekdays.

For our side, we chose to go Van for Rent na lang coz we no longer have money to spend to buy franchises. The first 6mos are scarce. Pahirapan talaga coz we still don't have returning customers unlike today. If you're gonna go on our route, prepare to pay your monthly amort with your own money muna. Businesses takes time to grow talaga. Eventually, customers will come and be your suki.

HTH

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thanks ser, it helps. Iniisip ko din dati yung Van for Rent kaya lang may questions ako like pano ba bayaran sa driver? Percent ba o fixed amount? Also, pano kung may accident?

Pag shuttle ba di puede for rent? Sorry for this newbie question.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Thanks ser, it helps. Iniisip ko din dati yung Van for Rent kaya lang may questions ako like pano ba bayaran sa driver? Percent ba o fixed amount?
    For our case, the driver's percentage is always 20% of the gross amount.

Also, pano kung may accident?
    The driver will pay for the damages he may incur.

Pag shuttle ba di puede for rent? Sorry for this newbie question
    If you're referring to a GT or UV Express, i'm not sure. But I don't think i've seen a GT or UV express bound to baguio with paying passengers :D

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Sa driver naman ser, lalo't di kakilala, pano mo malalaman kung nagrereport sya ng totoong gross income? Puede nya kasi sabihin na ganito lang nabyahe nya. Pano mo kaya macross check yun?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ^TS iniisip mo yata eh daily na bumibiyahe tama ba? Iba ang operation niyan sa pagkakaalam ko since Van for rent yun advice nung isang poster. Kapag van for rent, hindi pwede ibyahe yan since huli yan na kolorum. 5k alam ko tubos nyan. You have to get franchise para maibyahe mo yan. Kung ipapabyahe mo sa driver eh meron quota yan na kita for a day parang taxi, jeep, or like any other PUVs. Expect na mabilis malalaspag yun sasakyan kung papabyahe mo

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    ^TS iniisip mo yata eh daily na bumibiyahe tama ba? Iba ang operation niyan sa pagkakaalam ko since Van for rent yun advice nung isang poster. Kapag van for rent, hindi pwede ibyahe yan since huli yan na kolorum. 5k alam ko tubos nyan. You have to get franchise para maibyahe mo yan. Kung ipapabyahe mo sa driver eh meron quota yan na kita for a day parang taxi, jeep, or like any other PUVs. Expect na mabilis malalaspag yun sasakyan kung papabyahe mo
    In our Van for Rent business, the rental amount was pre-arranged by my father and the client days before the actual rent day. So after a day's rent, the driver (my uncle btw) will just have to remit to my father the expected amount then my father will be the one to give him his 20% share as his earning.

With regards to picking up passengers while not yet a yellow plate (UV or GT Express) ,there's a fat chance that you'll be apprehended by enforcers for colorum operation. Fine would be 1K for the driver and 6K for the operator ouch!
    Better stick with Van for Rent (provincial trips, airport rents) than going colorum; or get a franchise.

One more thing, either Van for Rent or Shuttle business, if you don't maintain your vans well they will lead to multiple headaches and lost earnings. Always keep them in tiptop condition (i.e change oil regularly, recycle tyres, proper PSI always)

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    In our Van for Rent business, the rental amount was pre-arranged by my father and the client days before the actual rent day. So after a day's rent, the driver (my uncle btw) will just have to remit to my father the expected amount then my father will be the one to give him his 20% share as his earning.

With regards to picking up passengers while not yet a yellow plate (UV or GT Express) ,there's a fat chance that you'll be apprehended by enforcers for colorum operation. Fine would be 1K for the driver and 6K for the operator ouch!
    Better stick with Van for Rent (provincial trips, airport rents) than going colorum; or get a franchise.
    I see i see, so walang lusot and good thing sa case mo kasi relative mo. Hmmm, mukhang ok nga yang business na yan. Pag van for rent di ba Yellow plate din kasi it's like public utility or Green is enough?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I see i see, so walang lusot and good thing sa case mo kasi relative mo. Hmmm, mukhang ok nga yang business na yan. Pag van for rent di ba Yellow plate din kasi it's like public utility or Green is enough?
    Green would suffice coz you won't register it naman sa BIR
    It's like a private van - for family use only - but you get others to rent it for additional income.
    Something like that.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thanks for sharing ser greatauror28.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Shuttle Business