New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    naalala ko nun Edsa 2, pag kumakanta na taga-ABS CBN like Gary V and others, dumadami ang crowd, sigawan at talunan pa. pero pag sya na nagsasalita, nagmemeryenda na kami

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    EDSA 2 never had the same spirit as the 1986 EDSA revolt wherein people in the streets were not ususeros but rather people willing to die for the cause they are pursuing.

Ni wala ngang "entertainment" nuong 1986 EDSA revolt... you run out of food...don't worry someone will pass and share theirs to you....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe he joined Congress to enact change from within...?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I don't think a lot of voters see congress' work as crucial. Other than the budget which often get screwed up anyway, palagay ko nga we have too many laws already (much of which isn't even implemented). Bayan has the second highest number of votes sa party-list probably because a lot of people feel this (as I do). Rather, they get voted as fiscalizers of the admin's propensity to be intolerant and full of as* kissers.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    maybe he joined Congress to enact change from within...?
    maybe..... i remember my comrades from uplb telling us that if you want to change the system, you have to be involved with the system ( i guess he's talking about the government ) maybe while he's trying to change the system, the system changed him instead.... and it is really hard to change the congress since numbers mean a lot there....

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    EDSA 2 never had the same spirit as the 1986 EDSA revolt wherein people in the streets were not ususeros but rather people willing to die for the cause they are pursuing.

Ni wala ngang "entertainment" nuong 1986 EDSA revolt... you run out of food...don't worry someone will pass and share theirs to you....
    OT:

Those were the days bro. Idol tayo ng buong mundo. Kahit saan ka pumunta,- sikat ang Pinoy!

But, we missed this once-in-a-lifetime golden opportunity to really be 'great again'....,- bigtime!

We have short memory,- never learned from history...

Sayang!

2901:pokemon:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I consider my politics as right-of-center. Which is why I entered the PMA (buti na lang hindi nagtagal). but even when I was in UP, I abhorred the militants there (especially the LFS). Wala silang ginawa sa Peyups noon kundi mag-rally at magdikit ng mga poster at maging sanhi ng traffic. I don't personally know Teddy Casiño (or Satur Ocampo even) but I'd rather have him in Congress than the likes of De Venecia or Luis Villafuerte (tradpols to the max).

Remember the Gracchi brothers or Roman yore? Even if they were patricians, they fought for the plebeians. Nasubukan na nilang lumaban galing sa labas, hindi nagtagumpay, so now they're fighting to change the system from within. They also act as good fiscalizers, which is why maingay sila. They were at the forefront against Cha-cha, against the US bases, against the VFA, etc. Sometimes, we forget the little things we oftentimes take for granted. If there's one thing I'm afraid of, its a rubber-stamp Congress.

Now, it would be a different thing if they're advocating a violent overthrow of the government. Eh hindi naman. Ganyan talaga ang demokrasya. They were elected to their current position, and we should respect that.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ano ba talaga Bayan Muna na tinutukoy nyan partylist na yan, mga mahihirap at mga api. kung yun lang ang bayan na pinaglalaban nila, they're selfish. puro sarili lang nila iniisip nila. puro cause nila.

kasi ang gobyerno para sa lahat mayaman, mahirap, api at nang-aapi. it does not distinguish or differentiate people/groups. kaya blessed are the politicians in congress kahit papano they represent people from one side and people from another.

that's politics.

-----

try to watch the Breach movie. it portrays a different side of the idealists. I fear the idealists more than the politician.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    Not to offend anyone or defend Teddy (I known him personally from college days - he was 2 or 4 years younger and we do share the same ideology)....but rather to shed some "possible light" why he probably do those things that some of you find irritatingly wrong or right...

He probably was applying one of the art of war strategies - "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"...

In deed he might not be a member of the elite... but he is not from a poor family either. I'd say most of his transformation probably occured during his stay in UPLB. I have to say the "idealogy/ies" he believes on have no boundaries - be rich or poor....

Care to expound which ideological move/s that they/he do, suggest that they were not patriotic enough? May be we can shed some light kung alin ang tingin natin na pangit at mali or alin OR yung mukhang pangit at mali pero will eventually lead to a better future.

If you are not a "martial law baby"... it would be very difficult to see/differentiate a leftist from somebody who see something that is right or wrong.

You see, during the "martial law" days, if you speak anything negative or against Marcos or even his "rulings" will initiate possible pagkakakulong or even immediate death (salvaging). Life during those days was soooo difficult... and we wouldn't have our current freedom if all those "leftist and purveyor of chaos" have conceded from the Marcoses during those times.

The root and beginings of the known "EDSA Revolution" didn't happen nung 1986... it started on what we term "first quarter storm" and that was early 1970's.

A lot of what you call "leftist" actually evolved (mutated ) during that time. A lot also died, gone missing and never found and some are still up to now a "kalaban ng lipunan" in the bundoks.

NOBODY wanted that thing to happen but... **** happens.

I know some ideologies are "extremely" unright and bad... but not all of them. And you do have to give credit that kung walang yung mga events na yun (mga leftist and purveyors of chaos na yun), the marcoses are still probably ruling our country.

SADLY, a very true fact...and I hope bayan muna do not succummed to become one them (as what most of you sees them now)...

Note that their vote is not that big... in fact the majority of the congress are still "lobbyist" and people with their own agenda on their mind.

It would be like one person discussing on a rowdy crowd of 200 people of different point of view as theirs... I'm sure mahirap makakuha ng attention sa ganun situasyon.

To accuse them that they are not doing anything, may be you might want to check these issues:
    1) if they didn't produced any batas during their past tenure,
    2) if they more absent rather than present during congress sessions,
    3) if they were sleeping during the sessions,
    4) if they used their PORK BARREL for their own personal gains,
    5) if they have abused those "8" plates,
    6) if they have multiple body guards na kupal and huge convoys of SUVs when they travel around the city
    7) if they more often "abroad" on trips that are not even official.
    8) if they have "balimbing" ideologies
    etc, etc....

These are my own point of views on the issue at hand and I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes and offended him/her/them in my post. :peace:
    before and during martial law there are those people who are speaking against the govt because they are stating their legitimate grievances like ninoy, chino roces, salonga,manglapus, etc

and there are also people who protested against the govt because of hidden agenda, these are the communists ideologues and cadres of joma sison.

i wont hide the fact that im very biased and i hated the communists because my father was a soldier once who battled these communists for so many years, the Huks and the NPA before martial was declared (my father retired from the military before martial law) and i literally grew up inside a military camp. imagine the hardships these soldiers endured, away from their loved ones just to defend our democratic way of life (sadly marcos abused his power and used the military during martial law to for his evil intentions).

regarding those purveyor of chaos, im talking about those present-day flag waving leftists na walang ginawa kundi magrally sa kalsada. wala na ngang maitulong sa nation building puro perwisyo pa at kaguluhan ang idinudulot. i know that in a democracy it is the right of every filipino to express their opinions (iyan nga ang ipinaglaban ng maraming pilipino eh kasama na ang mga sundalo), pero langya kahit napakaliit na bagay magrarally, dagdag lang sila sa trapik sa kalsada wala namang maidulot na maganda. nakaupo na nga yung iba nilang kasamang leftists sa kongreso, hindi pa ba sapat iyon para maiparating nila sa kinauukulan ang mga hinaing nila? para saan pa at naglagay sa konstitusyon ng party lists?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Question lang, bakit pag may "rally" ang mga leftist, full support talaga, ang dami nila ang galing ng logistics! pero pag may mga sakuna ang bayan, e.g. Milenyo, ni hindi sila tumutulong!, daig pa ng mga studyante :-( tapos walang katakot takot sabihin na "para sa bayan" ang pinaglalaban

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Shut up and work!