New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Actually since sinabihan ako na te take over yung systems group niya, i have deliberately avoided meddling with the infrastructure. In fact i have been very cooperative in handing over information, and even helping out his prodigy.

The past two years, wala talagang improvement sa infra namin. We got a new ISP, that's it. i was expecting there would be a handover of sorts to the new group since, except for one member, they're pretty much clueless sa details. i predicted this would take at least a year, kaya nagulat na lang ako na parang minamadali yung pagtanggal sa akin. Like i said malabong kausap si "take charge guy" -- most of the time mapapakamot ka ng ulo sa sinasuggest. At one point he vetoed a suggestion to fix the cabling during off hours, and instead suggested that we go recrimp cabling while people are working :p

Lastly....yes, i do believe it's not personal, but all the same, ako ang gagawing fall guy. "Take charge guy" is doing CYA and i'm just collateral damage.

Anyways, i do have CYA email, proving that he indeed declared taking over the infra, and the problems occured after he took over. Nakausap ko rin ang prodigy niya, back in 2013 when he was sent to head office for training, that he was told he would take charge of the infrastructure revamp.
    well, its time to move on. Just like what I did, recently.

With regards dun sa hiring ngayon and kung tatawagan nila ang company mo yes, possible na gawin nila yan, more or less. But like I said in my post above, ngayon palang maghanap ka na ng kakampi mo inside as reference, kasi mas effective pa rin ung personal references above all.

Yung career path mo, ilang beses ka na promote since you started sa company mo, citations, awards etc. you know the drill, pangontra lahat yan sa sasabihin ng company mo, just in case. be confident and honest, I'm sure makakakita ka ng work.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Siyempre wala pa pong sinasabi sa akin. But i take that verbal warning as a sign of things to come. Charges are being trumped up against me, and when i seek clarification...dedma.

Parang pinapalabas nga na kayang kaya ng systems group yung trabaho ko, even though, as i said, mabibilang sa isang kamay yung total days spent inside our server/equipment room.

Re fail rating: isa pa yan mam. While not perfect, and i've had differences with management in the past, my evals from superiors, subordinates, and general staff have been good. Dun lang kay "take charge guy" ang me issue. Yung main complaint naman sa akin is mainitin daw ulo ko, never, as in never, naquestion yung technical skill, initiative and work dedication ko, until now.

Malabo po kasi tong kumpanya mam Cathy, bara bara yung pamamalakad. i'd rather not cite examples, i-limit ko lang po sa kaso ko. Style kasi nila, if it ain't broke don't fix it; whatever yung quick fix at pinakamurang solusyon, yung ang gagawin....you know the type.

Siguro me kasalanan din ako...for staying all these years.
    Sir I would suggest unahan mo na lang at maghanap ka na ng replacement job. I think that would give you the least amount of headache. Plus your prospective company won't be calling your current company. Pinakamalaking sampal yan kay "take charge guy" if you find a better job. Unfortunately yung behavioral issue (mainitin ang ulo complaint) factor din for management. Meron samin nabigyan ng fail na rating because among other things mainitin daw ang ulo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    The fact that i managed to stay all these years...either mabuti talaga akong empleyado, or there's something very very wrong with their employee evaluation.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    The fact that i managed to stay all these years...either mabuti talaga akong empleyado, or there's something very very wrong with their employee evaluation.
    15 years is a big chunk in your working life (1/3) . Alis ka na lang dyan and get your retirement pay before they terminate you.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Sir I would suggest unahan mo na lang at maghanap ka na ng replacement job. I think that would give you the least amount of headache. Plus your prospective company won't be calling your current company. Pinakamalaking sampal yan kay "take charge guy" if you find a better job. Unfortunately yung behavioral issue (mainitin ang ulo complaint) factor din for management. Meron samin nabigyan ng fail na rating because among other things mainitin daw ang ulo.

i have a feeling papalpak si "take charge guy" again...as to who he'll blame the next time is anyone's guess.

i've actually improved a lot with regard to my temper, dati pa. In fact at one of the managers sited my marked improvement a few years back. Ngayon lang talaga ako pumutok when they handed that verbal warning.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    15 years is a big chunk in your working life (1/3) . Alis ka na lang dyan and get your retirement pay before they terminate you.

i don't think we have retirement pay. And hindi pa ako retirement age(early 40s)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    i have a feeling papalpak si "take charge guy" again...as to who he'll blame the next time is anyone's guess.

i've actually improved a lot with regard to my temper, dati pa. In fact at one of the managers sited my marked improvement a few years back. Ngayon lang talaga ako pumutok when they handed that verbal warning.

i don't think we have retirement pay. And hindi pa ako retirement age(early 40s)
    I think employees are eligible for retirement pay after 5 years of employment? I have a colleague who transfers companies every 5 years, iniintay lang retirement then transfer for a higher increase. If your company has no retirement benefit, best to switch employers na nga. Don't sue your company and burn bridges. It's way too much hassle. Plus maliit lang corporate world and you might come across these people again.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Just get out sir while it is still early. I do not think it is worth the time as it looks like management's mind is made up and just slowly inching you out.

As someone who also workson IT, albeit software, looking from the management level perapective of 'cutting cost', would be better for them to get a younger employee who can do the same thing as you. Agree with Cathy not to burn bridges though.
    Last edited by Calistro; March 11th, 2016 at 03:30 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    And I think you'd have an easy time finding a new job since you're an IT person

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Stay put until they buy you out. Don't give them a way out by resigning. Asar talo Lang, wait na sabihin nila redundant position mo. Para meron ka makuha.

If they want you out, it will cost them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Stay put until they buy you out. Don't give them a way out by resigning. Asar talo Lang, wait na sabihin nila redundant position mo. Para meron ka makuha.

If they want you out, it will cost them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree here bro.- Talo-Asar...

Hold on to your position and keep your evidences with you....

Wait for them to declare you "redundant", so you get more...

Local Labor Law is always in favor of the employee... So, leverage that....

More to come... kain lang ako..

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

29.0K _/_/_/_/_/:jazzybass:_/_/_/_/_/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast