New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    Parang diploma lang ata ang habol e. Pero kung regular na student na hindi nag wowork. Importante ung may life sa college hindi lang academics. Jan mo matututunan ang soft skills e.
    On our case parang ganun na nga po.. diploma lang habol. 2years course grad lang kasi wife ko. So i think its time for her to get her BS then after mag LAW siya.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I think that asking which school can give you a diploma the fastest is not the best question to ask.

I would rather ask, which school will train me the best at the field I want to pursue, and therefore give me better opportunities in the long run.

If you want to take up law, it's already been said - UP, Ateneo, San Beda. Are you a college graduate already? If yes, then you can just take the respective law schools' entrance exams and see where you go from there. If not, try to finish an undergrad course that will help you in law, though technically any course is allowed as pre-law.

For accountancy, I'd say UP BAA is the best. Their graduates are brilliant and the course is so rigorous that so many of them drop out and shift to BA or other courses.

Honestly, what difference does 1 year make in 10-20 years? If you're willing to sacrifice all your free time (as you'd have to if you try to finish college in 3 yrs), then why not just take the usual 4-year college course in the best universities, then use your extra time (since you have less units per sem) to do something else like earn a living.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice advice sir..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dishcom View Post
    On our case parang ganun na nga po.. diploma lang habol. 2years course grad lang kasi wife ko. So i think its time for her to get her BS then after mag LAW siya.
    ah sabi ko na e. correct me if I am wrong consideration nyo rin ung gastos syempre sa tuition(except nalang kung napaka yaman mo). of course mahal ang misc. fees ng universities and 1 - 2 years makes a whole lot of difference. All in all from dual income household, magiging single income + additional pang pa-aral.

i suggest you look into public universities.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    ah sabi ko na e. correct me if I am wrong consideration nyo rin ung gastos syempre sa tuition(except nalang kung napaka yaman mo). of course mahal ang misc. fees ng universities and 1 - 2 years makes a whole lot of difference. All in all from dual income household, magiging single income + additional pang pa-aral.

i suggest you look into public universities.
    May maliit na factor yung cost of study.. pero ang iniisip namin e yung mabilis and solid na profit after graduation.. if BS lang kukunin after maka graduate then look for a job e back to zero lang siya sa work.. kaya sabi ko nga dapat maging lawyer siya.

Option niyang maging CPA lawyer.. kasu midyo nag aalangan siyang maging cpa kasi daw dami works ng cpa than lawyer lang..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Check mo mapua BS IT. 3 years siya kung wala kang ibabagsak na subject. For tuition naman, siguro abutin ka 35k every term tapos pag final year mas malaki dahil sa course like CCNA which is 8k for the 3 units. E 4 modules yun. Hehe. Bawal na bawal magkasakit nga din pala sa mapua dahil mabilis nga ang mga pangyayari.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    May maliit na factor yung cost of study.. pero ang iniisip namin e yung mabilis and solid na profit after graduation.. if BS lang kukunin after maka graduate then look for a job e back to zero lang siya sa work.. kaya sabi ko nga dapat maging lawyer siya.

Option niyang maging CPA lawyer.. kasu midyo nag aalangan siyang maging cpa kasi daw dami works ng cpa than lawyer lang..
    For law and/or accountancy, malaking bagay ang fundamentals which only the best schools can give and they're not the type to give out diplomas easily (or quickly for that matter).

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Ang courses na may licensure exam pala will take you +4 to 6 months including the review.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    For law and/or accountancy, malaking bagay ang fundamentals which only the best schools can give and they're not the type to give out diplomas easily (or quickly for that matter).
    Ang rush lang po namin yung BS course. Para maka kuha ng law..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Kung matalino yung wife mo, pwede siyang makakuha ng scholarship sa kahit anong top university. Get a good pre-law course (pol sci, psych, philo, etc) to help prepare her for the rigor of law school.

Wag mo isiping madali lang makapasok sa law school and any undergrad will do. Sure, that may hold true for crappy law schools, but kung maglalaw ka na rin naman, bat hindi pa Ateneo/San Beda/UP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    so you want any college degree, so the person can go to the next level... law school..
    i suppose you will want a good law school, so's the graduate can take the bar exam and pass it, the first time.
    what if the law school says, "that college you came from is no good.. we'll have to reject you.."

my point being, that college degree may be the last stab at education that you may get.. choose wisely and make the most of it. pag-hihirapan nyo na lang.. might as well do it right. kung hindi matuloy sa law school, mayroon back-up na matinong college degree na baka puedeng pagka-kuwartahan..

if wife already has college units tucked under her belt, the school she will go to for her college degree might consider these units and give her due credits. she may not have to take these same subjects again.

good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 19th, 2016 at 01:14 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast