New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dishcom View Post
    Sir follow up question lang po..
    Sa mga school na yan.. anong school ang magaling sa LAW or ACCOUNTING?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    Accounting, DLSU.
    Law : Wala dyan. Either UP, Ateneo, San Beda.
    Tama sagot ni 1D4LV.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    wow! 5-7 subject per sem.... sa amin yan sasampalin ka na ng dean sa sobrang dami ng subjects mo

naalala ko enroll ako 18 units - math, physics, chem saka english. sama ng tingin ng advisor ko sa akin hahaha! he crossed out the 3 units of english and allowed me to enroll only 15 units for that sem.
    na 4.0 pa ako sa math haha! hanga talaga kami sa students ng ibang schools how they could manage 7-8-9 subjects of 25-30 units per sem. i mean, nakakapanuod pa ba sila ng sine? nalalasing pa ba sila? di ba sila marunong mag mahjong?
    IIRC 28 units yung pinakarami ko naenroll na subject sa isang sem and ang pasok ko is 7am to 7pm, Mon-Fri. Oh engineering, i love you very much. Hahahahaha.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    wow! 5-7 subject per sem.... sa amin yan sasampalin ka na ng dean sa sobrang dami ng subjects mo

naalala ko enroll ako 18 units - math, physics, chem saka english. sama ng tingin ng advisor ko sa akin hahaha! he crossed out the 3 units of english and allowed me to enroll only 15 units for that sem.
    na 4.0 pa ako sa math haha! hanga talaga kami sa students ng ibang schools how they could manage 7-8-9 subjects of 25-30 units per sem. i mean, nakakapanuod pa ba sila ng sine? nalalasing pa ba sila? di ba sila marunong mag mahjong?
    Ang unti naman nun... hehe.. kahit 7 subject ko noon MWF lang pasok ko.. side line or gala na ako ng TTHSS..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    DLSU. 18units max. Kung BS ang degree, kayang kaya ng 3 years except engineering and computer courses.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I think that asking which school can give you a diploma the fastest is not the best question to ask.

I would rather ask, which school will train me the best at the field I want to pursue, and therefore give me better opportunities in the long run.

If you want to take up law, it's already been said - UP, Ateneo, San Beda. Are you a college graduate already? If yes, then you can just take the respective law schools' entrance exams and see where you go from there. If not, try to finish an undergrad course that will help you in law, though technically any course is allowed as pre-law.

For accountancy, I'd say UP BAA is the best. Their graduates are brilliant and the course is so rigorous that so many of them drop out and shift to BA or other courses.

Honestly, what difference does 1 year make in 10-20 years? If you're willing to sacrifice all your free time (as you'd have to if you try to finish college in 3 yrs), then why not just take the usual 4-year college course in the best universities, then use your extra time (since you have less units per sem) to do something else like earn a living.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    university of recto
    LOL! Oo nga, minuto lang may diploma at transcript ka na.

Seriously, ang problema sa mga ganyan na tri-sem/quarterly, sobra bilis halos hindi na maka-habol ang mga students (I teach in one of those schools, part-time). Yung 3-3.5 years na binibida is assuming na wala ka bagsak at kaya ng magulang or kung sino man sponsor mo na bayaran ang tution fees for the max units/sem. You fail or miss one subject sira na yan schedule. Minsan kasi may mga subjects na kailngan makuha mo before advancing and problema kapag seasonal (once a year lang) yung subject.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Parang diploma lang ata ang habol e. Pero kung regular na student na hindi nag wowork. Importante ung may life sa college hindi lang academics. Jan mo matututunan ang soft skills e.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    3.5 years is probably the fastest in UP, considering the rules on overload.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mapua, quartermester sila.

kaso sa bilis ng turo wala na natututunan. at dami bagsak.

and the bad part is, you don't get to enjoy your college life anymore. puro aral ka na lang walang pahinga. kakatapos lang ng finals enrolment na naman.
    This I agree on. I asked a someone from a certain school (with reputable standards) on why they never considered the Trisem to date and the answer i got was they still believe that learning is not a manufacturing process but rather, an experience that takes time.
    Last edited by vinj; February 18th, 2016 at 05:37 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    This I agree on. I asked a someone from a certain school (with reputable standards) on why they never considered the Trisem to date and the answer i got was they still believe that learning is not a manufacturing process but rather, an experience that takes time.
    this is also the concept applied by my kid's HS.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast