New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Excuse me for being ignorant sa area na to, I'm eyeing for a business space kase sa paalis na na tenant sa building (20sqm), humihingi ngayon yung tenant sa akin ng 150k para daw sa rights or goodwill para makuha ko. Tatlo daw kami na inofferan nya ng ganun. I don't understand. Diba ang kausap ko lang dapat as tenant is the landlord or lessor? What the hck is that 150k for?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Sorry, I don’t know much about this as well. However, why are you negotiating with the tenant? Shouldn’t you be talking to the property owner?

O ang plano ng tenant is to sub-let it to you?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung may existing lease contract siya tapos i-sublet nya sa iyo pwede yan. 3 kayo naghintay sa "rights"? BS! I'd call that bluff in less than a second!

Talk direct with the landlord. In most cases there will be a prohibition in the lease contract that will not allow a sublease.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Goodwill for what? Hehe

Baka may existing contract pa sya sa landlord, if meron, check with them kung allowed ba sya magpa sub-lease, nasa lease contract dapat yun, if not, stay away.

If allowed naman sya magpa sub-lease, your call if you will give in sa demand nya, but if i were in your shoes, i will not.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lugi na nga gusto pa kumita. Sampalin mo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thanks for the inputs, and yes kasama yung kay sir shadow hehe , sinisindak yata ako nung tenant. I'll be talking to the landlord tomorrow. It helps may mga ideas ako.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Excuse me for being ignorant sa area na to, I'm eyeing for a business space kase sa paalis na na tenant sa building (20sqm), humihingi ngayon yung tenant sa akin ng 150k para daw sa rights or goodwill para makuha ko. Tatlo daw kami na inofferan nya ng ganun. I don't understand. Diba ang kausap ko lang dapat as tenant is the landlord or lessor? What the hck is that 150k for?

yes, you should be talking to the real owner.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Good will payment applies in situations where you are interested in a location and there is an existing tenant with good customer base ... this is assuming you are going to open the same line of business ... sort of a "good will" for instant customer base plus the improvements to the property / space ...

But if that business is closing or not interested in renewing their lease contract then there is no need for "good will" payment ... it's not like the tenant gets to decide who leases the space after they leave ... and if the tenant still has not completed the contract and wants to leave already, maybe it's them that needs to pay you "good will" so that they won't be cited for breach of contract ...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ang intindi ko sa "rights only",
    is if the property in question is owned by the government or someone else, who is not into direct control of the situation.
    "rights" money kinda ensures that the giver is the next occupant.
    it's an agreement that the rest of the neighbors understand and honor. usually.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ang intindi ko sa "rights only",
    is if the property in question is owned by the government or someone else, who is not into direct control of the situation.
    "rights" money kinda ensures that the giver is the next occupant.
    it's an agreement that the rest of the neighbors understand and honor. usually.
    That is another of those so-called rights, yung right sa squater. I think it has no legal basis. Parang syndicate lang ito, na walang iba mag-squat.

Another is on homestead land, when the land is not yet awarded by the government to the homesteader and the "right" is being sold. I doubt if this is valid because a homestead can only be awarded to the original applicant.