New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I wonder how a subdivision eventually becomes exclusive?

Grew up in a subdivision kasi before (BF Homes in Paranaque) but it never became exclusive or appreciated significantly faster in value. Same with other middle class villages like Greenwoods. Pero villages like LGV and even Xavierville/White Plains dati hindi naman super expensive but now their prices have skyrocketed.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    BF Homes was master-planned to be an exclusive subdivision like the rest. I'm guessing, the developer and HOA mismanaged the property, it being so big so they decided to organize enclaves instead to delegate responsibility.

There are certain enclaves in BF Homes which are well maintained by their HOAs. I've visited a few friends living in these enclaves and it's impressive compared to what's seen on the main road.

Anyway, these subdivisions' open spaces and road lots are owned by developer until turned over to the HOA. HOA obviously prefers to keep it to retain exclusivity, but it has to pay RPTs and maintenance in return.

Only when ownership is turned over to LGU can it cease to be called exclusive since LGU can open up roads to the public. Smaller subdivisions aren't able to afford the upkeep and RPTs so they're forced to do this.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Wide roads. Bigger cuts. Proximity to elite schools and CBDs. Active and progressive homeowners associations.

Restricted development (i.e. cant keep subdividing lots into smaller ones).

Though i would say proximity / location plays the biggest role.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    What are your speculative bets on which middle-class/emerging residential subdivisions will eventually become exclusive in the next 10 years?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Cant go wrong with the Nuvali or ayala greenfield developments IF your time horizon is ten years from now.

In QC...places like Filinvest Batasan Hills are going up.

Tivoli Royale in QC has really great views , smaller cuts and looks like the value is exploding over there.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    The one i am closing (for build and sell) is at 20k per sqm in a no-name subdivision by Sta Lucia. But its near my village. And the houses being built look modern.

3 years ago it was offered to me at 12k per sqm. Im an idiot for not taking it then.

Edit: village name is Woodridge in Marikina

My friend built this house for sale in woodridge

Brand new Modern design House and lot for sale in Marikina City near Katipunan – Property For Sale – Marikina City | Facebook Marketplace

Last edited by EQAddict; October 5th, 2020 at 09:29 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    The one i am closing (for build and sell) is at 20k per sqm in a no-name subdivision by Sta Lucia. But its near my village. And the houses being built look modern.

3 years ago it was offered to me at 12k per sqm. Im an idiot for not taking it then.

Brand new Modern design House and lot for sale in Marikina City near Katipunan – Property For Sale – Marikina City | Facebook Marketplace

OT if woodrose and southridge were to have a child

Wow, it doesn't look like 200 sq m. I am amazed with how modern houses maximize space

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Vista Real/Tivoli area nga has wide streets and the exclusive subdivision feel. Houses there are pretty fairly priced at ~20M for ~300 sqm floor area.

Super far from BGC nga lang for me. My aunt has a clinic in Makati and she lives near there and had to leave by 6 to get to the office before 9. But let's see, as you said nga each location naman may sacrifices talaga.

One of my high school barkada lives there, lagi nga daw nagagamit na shooting venue for teleseryes house nila. But surprisingly until now hindi pa siya puno. Afaik it's also connected to Ayala Heights but of course Ayala Heights would never open their gates for pass-through hehe.

Does Woodridge also have a pass-through to Tumana and Katipunan Extension? I checked out the location and it's right beside LGV, just nearer to the Marikina side.

I like Marikina as a suburb, well-built city with planned bike lanes and sidewalks. The park by Riverbanks has a very Japan vibe for me. Just weird that so many Ateneans get stabbed there (I think there were about 3 or 4 during my stay in college).

Last edited by jut703; October 6th, 2020 at 12:06 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Yes woodridge has pass thru to Tumana and Katipunan extension. I think the C6 will also connect to that area.

Also the big flood control concrete dikes have been finished and they look impressive. No more flooding (well it was only flooded during Ondoy and never since.)

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Tip:

Woodridge is 20k per sqm or thereabouts.

LGV which is literally right beside it is 75k per sqm.

The new Sta Lucia Acropolis development beside woodridge is 45k per sqm minimum. Same developer.

So it has a lot of upside potential.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Okay we can ALL dream. Diba there are many channels here like Presello that showcase houses for sale.

Its actually a good business model because am sure they have sold many properties and gotten real commissions as well aside from the youtube ad earnings and making their presenter a celebrity by herself.

But look at this channel. Ayan kung arab prince, chinese billionaire, silicon valley mogul...... luxury properties in Italy.

ROMOLINI CHRISTIE’S Luxury Real Estate - YouTube

Italy is freakin amazing. Wish i can go back soon. Tuscany and Amalfi coast ...da best memories!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sun Valley, Antipolo pala bumili yung isang vlogger ng huge lot. Halos wala pang houses at mukhang malalaki cuts and the roads are wide. Si Zandro Gonzales (Property Hunter) naiwanan na ng Presello heehee

I wonder how accessible this area is

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast