New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I grew up in Makati (but for obvious reasons i couldnt afford buying there).

Moved all the way to QC and never looked back. I wasn't even homesick on my first day here. On the contrary, i was super excited to start my life in this area.

Try to get in a private subdivision for:

1) noise issues
    2) safety and security
    3) avoid parking chaos
    4) peace of mind with a strong, proactive homeowners association and community

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

Moved all the way to QC and never looked back. I wasn't even homesick on my first day here. On the contrary, i was super excited to start my life in this area.

1) noise issues
    2) safety and security
    3) avoid parking chaos

This is the frustration of UF and I. 20s pa lang kami we talked about that already how we don't think we could afford to buy in Makati. We are in the same situation that the house is owned by the grandparents. UF recently married nga and she now lives in Ortigas. In our barkada, kami kasi malapit bahay (though different village) kaya we spent a lot of time together.

EQ, why not Magallanes? It's relatively priced lower?
    Last edited by _Cathy_; October 5th, 2020 at 02:34 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Magallanes is freaking expensive.

And i moved out of my folks place in my 20s. There was no way i was even considering anything in makati.

My first purchase was actually in La Marea near susana heights. Never got to move in. Sold it and used the proceeds to buy a tiny property in quezon city.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Magallanes is freaking expensive.

And i moved out of my folks place in my 20s. There was no way i was even considering anything in makati.

My first purchase was actually in La Marea near susana heights. Never got to move in. Sold it and used the proceeds to buy a tiny property in quezon city.

I meant compared to other villages in Makati hehe. I thought kasi from your parents house you moved na to your current house in QC e IIRC you mentioned 1000 sq m so that's huge

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    When i bought in QC. 200 sqm was my first property in this area.

Then upgraded as time progressed.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Planning our next property - either a house or townhouse. Wanted to stay in the same area (Kapitolyo/Capitol Commons).

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    prices in the Kapitolyo area will increase soon once that bridge connecting to BGC gets operational. it will also increase traffic in the area bringing with it additional noise and pollution.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    prices in the Kapitolyo area will increase soon once that bridge connecting to BGC gets operational. it will also increase traffic in the area bringing with it additional noise and pollution.
    Tagal nang tumaas.

More than 4x in the past 10 years precisely because of the bridge.

Last edited by jut703; October 5th, 2020 at 03:15 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    IF vaccine hindi effective and covid will persist hinid magdisintegrate eh watch out kalagitnaan year 2021 to 2023 mga magbebentahan properties.

#imherewaitingforpandemicprice

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006

1) noise issues
    2) safety and security
    3) avoid parking chaos

I wonder how a subdivision eventually becomes exclusive?

Grew up in a subdivision kasi before (BF Homes in Paranaque) but it never became exclusive or appreciated significantly faster in value. Same with other middle class villages like Greenwoods. Pero villages like LGV and even Xavierville/White Plains dati hindi naman super expensive but now their prices have skyrocketed.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Wide roads. Bigger cuts. Proximity to elite schools and CBDs. Active and progressive homeowners associations.

Restricted development (i.e. cant keep subdividing lots into smaller ones).

Though i would say proximity / location plays the biggest role.

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast