New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    A dear nephew is interested in pursuing Commercial Pilot as his career.

He has inquired with All Asia Aviation Academy, with airfield in Iba, Zambales and Leading Edge International Aviation Academy, with airfield in San Fernando, La Union.

Which of the two is a better aviation school? Are they top aviation schools in the country? Do they have affiliation with PAL or Cebu Pacific or any international airlines?

Huge investment for the parents and so need your help in helping us identify which school is value for money.

[We want him to be a good and successful pilot and so we are researching as much here, as we have no pilot in the family]

Thanks for the insights and help.
    Last edited by CVT; August 27th, 2017 at 04:59 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    A dear nephew is interested in pursuing Commercial Pilot as his career.

He has inquired with All Asia Aviation Academy, with airfield in Iba, Zambales and Leading Edge International Aviation Academy, with airfield in San Fernando, La Union.

Which of the two is a better aviation school? Are they top aviation schools in the country? Do they have affiliation with PAL or Cebu Pacific or any international airlines?

Huge investment for the parents and so need your help in helping us identify which school is value for money.

[We want him to be a good and successful pilot and so we are researching as much here, as we have no pilot in the family]

Thanks for the insights and help.
    kuya add ko lang, from what i know most commercial pilots are graduates of PMA, served at the airforce, then moved on to become commercial pilots, its the cheapest way...pero kinda hard to get in..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    kuya add ko lang, from what i know most commercial pilots are graduates of PMA, served at the airforce, then moved on to become commercial pilots, its the cheapest way...pero kinda hard to get in..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Bro it was that way in the past, I understand.

Others would finish college in a university and then then enter PAF and would move to being Commercial Pilots... But I think they already stopped this. Our dear nephew is already a college graduate.

4. Join Date
    May 2016
    Getting your wings is only the first step. To be easily hired by commercial airliners you should have undergone simulator, most probably from abroad, to be qualified for at least one of the popular airliners. Friend of mine spent almost 1M Php for this. Makes sense since airlines, as with any other businesses, always find ways to keep their expenses at the minimum to maximize profits. They don't have to spend money for your training anymore if you are already qualified. After all that be ready for the grueling and exhausting job of commercial airline pilots. Its not all glitz and glamour, mind you.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bortrenamo View Post
    Getting your wings is only the first step. To be easily hired by commercial airliners you should have undergone simulator, most probably from abroad, to be qualified for at least one of the popular airliners. Friend of mine spent almost 1M Php for this. Makes sense since airlines, as with any other businesses, always find ways to keep their expenses at the minimum to maximize profits. They don't have to spend money for your training anymore if you are already qualified. After all that be ready for the grueling and exhausting job of commercial airline pilots. Its not all glitz and glamour, mind you.
    Bro, it makes sense and I guess most of us know that, so it doesn't help a bit. Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how about the 3 aviation schools in clark?

or the 4 or 5 in plaridel, bulacan?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    how about the 3 aviation schools in clark?

or the 4 or 5 in plaridel, bulacan?
    Do you know the names of the schools bro?

Trouble is we could not find official ratings or reviews of various aviation schools from CAAP or any government regulation agency for example.

So we were guessing that it is best to consult or
    talk with Commercial Pilots.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My high school friend graduated from UP, then went to Omni Aviation in Pampanga, plus some sideline flying work to rack up the minimum number of hours.

He now works for PAL. He says you spend roughly 4M in the process, although he spent slightly less than 2M because his sideline work got counted and thus had to spend less for flying hours.

My batchmate from college on the other hand went to Leading Edge Aviation before also getting into PAL.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; August 28th, 2017 at 01:11 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    My high school friend graduated from UP, then went to Omni Aviation in Pampanga, plus some sideline flying work to rack up the minimum number of hours.

He now works for PAL. He says you spend roughly 4M in the process, although he spent slightly less than 2M because his sideline work got counted and thus had to spend less for flying hours.

My batchmate from college on the other hand went to Leading Edge Aviation before also getting into PAL.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Thank you bro. These are valuable information. We were reviewing the brochures from All Asia Academy, with curriculum and timeline and fees. Yes roughly P4M in two years. BTW, their management is Japanese. Not sure if this is an advantage in the field.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Is it worth the investment to get a degree in aviation? How much pilots flying domestic earn on the average?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Professional Pilots and Aviation Professionals, Need Your Opinion on Flying Schools in the Philippines