New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro.,- seriously,- signing bonus is typically 1 to 2 months, tying the employee for 1 or 2 years.... Nothing more.

Tapos, 30% to 50% ang salary increase, depending on the position/function and current salary....

14.7K:cow:

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro.,- seriously,- signing bonus is typically 1 to 2 months, tying the employee for 1 or 2 years.... Nothing more.

Tapos, 30% to 50% ang salary increase, depending on the position/function and current salary....

Yup, I agree with this one. Pero yung ibang magagaling talaga at ayaw umalis, minsan double the salary ang offer.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT

Ok thanks , if that's the case it's manageable...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Ano mga benefits Ang dapat isama sa computation?
    Usual basics would be the car plan, medicine allowance, clothing allowance, gas allowance, cellphone allowance, rice allowance, medical benefits (how much is the HMO package), marketing allowance (kung frontliner), travel benefits, and representation reimbursibles.

When i was offered another job, i was given twice my previous salary but that's because i'm not yet at an executive level. I wouldn't really look at the signing bonus but the overall annual package and net take-home pay. Employees look for companies with a strong tax shield since taxes can really eat into your basic pay and bonuses.

On the signing bonuses, alam ko may strings din yan especially if its in a lower rank level where employees can easily resign and jump ship. Most established companies can compute for how much and how long before they break even on the "cash outlay" in hiring an employee.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    In the mid-level positions (TL, sub lead, etc.) usually signing bonus is 1-2mos of present salary from present company.
    The basic compensation package should be 50-100% to make it desirable to the one being pirated. Or else, stay na lang sya diba?

Managerial positions usually has 2 mos signing bonus and 100-120% increase in gross salary.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Yup, I agree with this one. Pero yung ibang magagaling talaga at ayaw umalis, minsan double the salary ang offer.

Oo bro, kaya nga it depends on the position/function and current salary. Kung staff, like P20K a month,- kaya ng kumpanya ng P40K a month, lalo na kung malaking kumpanya ito at startup. But, the employee should be aware that he is being priced above market, kaya malabo ang salary increase/s in the following year/s.

Kasi if the salary is high already,- like P200K a month for example,- then the hiring company will just "burden" itself paying P400K a month for that person (100% increase). Puwede naman siyang makakita ng ganoong tao at the same or probably lower salary. Plus a few perks here and there.

Unless, specialized function ang kailangan niya.

Of course, iyong malalaking suweldo,- karamihan,- matagal na sa kumpanya kaya ayaw umalis dahil mapupunta lang sa tax ang resignation benefits,- lalo na kung mayroon silang 'retirement or resignation plan'

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    mukhang sa big time na position yan sahdow ah........

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Another thing the signing bonus is a no string attach transaction it's not like a bond or something Diba? So going rate for signing bonus is one or two months, now I can sleep better, akala ko kasi kailagan bayaran yun separation pay na dapat makukuha sa present employer since nasayan yun tenure doon...and whats keeping me awake eh hinde ko alam saan kukunin yun signing bonus..if 1 month per year of service...I mean saan ko kukunin sa part ng company yun budget for signing bonus?

Yun mga matagal na Sa corporate world, Wala pa ba na pirate sa inyo dito? What's the offer so I could have an idea...
    Na-pirate na ako several times. Walang signing bonus kasi in exchange tied-up ka sa company for a certain period and ayaw ko ng ganun kasi paano na kung di ko pala magustuhan yung kumpanya. 50%-100% increase in salary ang usual range pero more than the salary I look for the benefits because that will mean more than any salary increase in the long run. With that you can offer a lower salary increase but make sure you offer a much better over-all package. Remember people who transfer to another company does not necessarily look for a much higher paying job but a company that offers a much better employment experience overall. Hope this helps.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    remember, ang may mataas na sweldo ay ang karaniwan priority ng cost cutting.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Kaka-pirate lang sa sister ko. But she was pirated 2x prior to this new company. Those previous 2 companies gave her a 100% increase plus higher tier benefits (higher allowances, higher bracket medical card etc). Dito sa new company nya though, she was given only 61% increase over her previous salary but has more bonuses that her 2 previous companies.

My mom's sign-in bonus before was a brand new Vios 1.3J, 3% commission on delivered goods, plus some allowances, free 6 months amortization. After 4 months, she was pirated by another company, was given a brand new Vios 1.5G AT (my car now), 3% commission on collected sales (though), although this new company is more stable than her previous, free 6 months amortization and free comprehensive insurance as long as it is under the company's name.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Pirating employee?