New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Anong mabibili sa 1.5M budget na bahay?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    My aunt bought a 300sqm in alfonso/tagaytay area..for 2000/sqm, the built a nipa nut cost around 70k, if we include the masonry works..cost around 200k, bathroom is modern and has an aircon, its a dream come true for her, coming from congested MM...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Mothers are typical decision makers? In bizarro world maybe or I must be born in the wrong era?

This is what uls is saying, karamihan ng pinoy husbands are domineered by wives

I'm so appaled that there are numbers that prove it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    You wont get it...you are not married yet..even if i explain..you need to experience it

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    We are buying another property in the next couple of weeks and have reviewed our options.

We met with the property owners and have tallied the expenses for comparison. I would give her the parameters for discussion. She negotiates and I approve.

That's using the strengths of each....
    Last edited by CVT; April 8th, 2018 at 01:45 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Isn't it a scientific fact that men are better negotiators than women? There's a reason why men rule the world whether in business or politics...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by _Cathy_; April 8th, 2018 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Typo

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    si cathy kasi ang ideal man niya nakasakay sa kabayo may latigo at espada. alpha male type. not many pinoys are like that. the modern pinoy males are more loving and caring than her ideal of the domineering male.

the pinoy norm, as i have observed in 3 generations of both sides of my family, is that both mother and father make the major decisions. in daily life the male displays his feathers for all to see and the female defers, but in the confines of the home the wife is always consulted and no decision is made until the kumander agrees. yan pa sa pagbili ng bahay it wil be the wife who will be managing it, dealing with neighbors, securing it the whole day while the man is away e hindi pwede lalaki lang magdedecide.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    The PH has been predominantly a matriarchal society.

If you survey PH families, you will see that the lolas, nanays, titas and ates take care of finances, make major purchase decisions, and manage the day to day activities of the extended family.

“A 2010 labor force survey indicated that 2.5 million Filipino women were serving in government, corporate executive, managerial, or supervisory roles, as compared to only 2.4 million men. Even more, over 25 million employed women are college graduates, more than double the rate of men, at just over 10 million. While men still dominate the total labor force, Filipino women find themselves in the driver seat, serving in natural roles as leaders, knowledge holders, and mentors”

- https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/unre...ilippines/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Philippines is actually the most gender-equal country in Southeast Asia.

PH is most gender-equal country in Asia-Pacific | Inquirer Business

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    si cathy kasi ang ideal man niya nakasakay sa kabayo may latigo at espada. alpha male type. not many pinoys are like that. the modern pinoy males are more loving and caring than her ideal of the domineering male.

the pinoy norm, as i have observed in 3 generations of both sides of my family, is that both mother and father make the major decisions. in daily life the male displays his feathers for all to see and the female defers, but in the confines of the home the wife is always consulted and no decision is made until the kumander agrees. yan pa sa pagbili ng bahay it wil be the wife who will be managing it, dealing with neighbors, securing it the whole day while the man is away e hindi pwede lalaki lang magdedecide.
    Yun ang kala nya....the household/kingdom is like the king and queen of a cheeseboard, the queen has more moves, the most powerful piece, sya ang strength of the king, but her power comes from the king, think marcos and imelda or bill and hillary..she protects the king, kasi pag hindi magaling ang moves ng queen, everything will collapse..that what she doesnt know..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post

HAHAHA! I guess perfect match parents ko kasi Mommy ko ayaw talaga ini involve sarili niya. I asked my Mom why she let's Dad do all the decisions and she said "mas magaling Daddy mo e" This is the environment I grew up in kaya yun ang ideal ko.

May cousin ako na "under" (my lola heard the wife nung minura cousin ko) matagal na sinabihan ng Lola ko hiwalayan niya wife niya, move in with my Lola and she will pay for the annulment.

I hope it is NOT normal for wives na murahin asawa nila pag nag aaway?!?

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCycle View Post
    The PH has been predominantly a matriarchal society.

If you survey PH families, you will see that the lolas, nanays, titas and ates take care of finances, make major purchase decisions, and manage the day to day activities of the extended family.

“A 2010 labor force survey indicated that 2.5 million Filipino women were serving in government, corporate executive, managerial, or supervisory roles, as compared to only 2.4 million men. Even more, over 25 million employed women are college graduates, more than double the rate of men, at just over 10 million. While men still dominate the total labor force, Filipino women find themselves in the driver seat, serving in natural roles as leaders, knowledge holders, and mentors”

- https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/unre...ilippines/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow. This is new for me. I learn so much from Tsikot. All my life I thought the Philippines is patriarchal

I guess I am surrounded by anomalies or exceptions? Example: I'm close to our VP in Manila (Female), once we had lunch with VP from Europe (male), and we talked about family life. Our VP MNL told VP Europe that the Philippines is a Patriarchal society and women are supposed to serve their husbands, to which I totally agreed She is accomplished (VP), intelligent (UPd ENG) and attractive (40 something tall and slim) YET she acknowledges the fact na ang husband dapat talaga pinagsisilbihan. Magkasundo kami, she even gives me advise pag nag asawa na ko. And she gives me almost identical advise as my Mom! (eg don't argue with the husband). Fantasy ko talaga yung pagsisilbihan ko si crush, little things like cook what he wants to eat, massage ko, punasan pawis, lagyan ko toothpaste yung toothbrush, wake him up with ***y time and before sleeping hahaha! Dream life ko yan! Bahala na si husband anong kotse o bahay gusto niya lol
    Last edited by _Cathy_; April 8th, 2018 at 03:58 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "I hope it is NOT normal for wives na murahin asawa nila pag nag aaway?!? "

17 years and counting and not a single bad word from me or her. not even once did we raised voices when we had disagreements. pag minura mo ang isang tao ibig sabihin wala ka na galang sa kanya. when respect goes the rest follow.

pero si digong araw-araw minumura ko.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast