New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Simplest way is to invest in UITFs/mutual funds. Most banks offer this. I'm particularly fond of index funds, or funds that simply follow the movement of the PSE index. Very few mutual funds ever beat the market consistently over a span of 20 years.

Minimum amount to open an index fund account is 10k, minimum increment is 1k. It's the best instrument to diversify your investment across many stocks even if you don't have much money to invest.

If you really want to invest in stocks personally, choosing your own stock mix, easiest way for ordinary folks like us it to create a COL Financial account. COL is an online stock trading site, where you can buy and sell stocks in real-time, with a very small fee.

Minimum amount to get started is 5k. However, I have to warn you, if you don't invest ~20-30k per period (monthly, quarterly), it will be hard for you to diversify.

For example, minimum board lot for Ayala Corp is 10 shares. At its current price of 650/share, you'll need 6.5k to be able to buy into Ayala. Same with PLDT, at 2k per share and 5 shares minimum, you need 10k to buy into PLDT. If you only put in 10k/month, then you can't really diversify and maximize peso-cost averaging (which requires you to buy a diverse range of stocks at fixed intervals).

Good luck, it's good that you want to get started in investing. There are a lot of resources available online to help you get started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sir matanong ko lang po.
    Sample yung ayala corp 650 ngayon per share. nung mga year 2000. 2005. 2010. Magkanu per share nila?

Baka may idea po kayo. Salamat.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Punta ka sa psei.com.ph, kita mo historical data dun. Take note, sa stock market, dapat ready ka always to take risk, read all available materials. join ka sa FB group related to stock market. At, hinde ka matututo kung read only ka lang. try to insvest on smaller amount stocks. Then try to sell, and buy again, you should experience how to gain and loss, para ma ready mo sarili mo emotionally. My opinion though.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dishcom View Post
    Sir matanong ko lang po.
    Sample yung ayala corp 650 ngayon per share. nung mga year 2000. 2005. 2010. Magkanu per share nila?

Baka may idea po kayo. Salamat.
    5 years ago, in 2011, AC sold for around P290/share. If you bought 10k worth of stocks at the time, then sold it last year when prices peaked at 800/share, you would have P27.5k, or 275% return.

Now is a great time to get started in investing. PSEi is down to 6,300, from a high of over 8,000 last year. Analysts speculate that the PSEi will normalize at around 7400 by year end, or roughly the level of early 2014. The 6,000 support level was not broken so the prices of stocks most likely have bottomed out and will be on the rise in the coming months. Buy while it's cheap.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Ika nga nang mga veterans, what goes down must go up, and what goes up, must go down. Right timing.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by aioshin View Post
    Punta ka sa psei.com.ph, kita mo historical data dun. Take note, sa stock market, dapat ready ka always to take risk, read all available materials. join ka sa FB group related to stock market. At, hinde ka matututo kung read only ka lang. try to insvest on smaller amount stocks. Then try to sell, and buy again, you should experience how to gain and loss, para ma ready mo sarili mo emotionally. My opinion though.
    Thanks sa advice sir.. pero long term investment kasi plan ko. Ano po ba yung tinatawag na divedent?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Thanks sa advice sir.. pero long term investment kasi plan ko. Ano po ba yung tinatawag na divedent?
    Dividend. There are 2 ways para kumita ka sa stocks: through sale and through dividends.

Through sale. Halimbawa binili mo *100 per share then after some time binenta mo *P110 or any amount na higher sa P100.

Through dividend. Ang companies na nag issue ng stocks nagbabayad yan ng cash dividends. If you don't sell your stocks you will still receive dividends.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Rider Blac View Post
    Dividend. There are 2 ways para kumita ka sa stocks: through sale and through dividends.

Through sale. Halimbawa binili mo *100 per share then after some time binenta mo *P110 or any amount na higher sa P100.

Through dividend. Ang companies na nag issue ng stocks nagbabayad yan ng cash dividends. If you don't sell your stocks you will still receive dividends.
    Sir interesting yung divident.
    Pag di ko bininta ang stocks for long year e magkakaroon ako ng divident? Tama po ba? Mga magkanu naman po yun? Sample i have 100K worth of share. Every month b yun or every year?

Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    5 years ago, in 2011, AC sold for around P290/share. If you bought 10k worth of stocks at the time, then sold it last year when prices peaked at 800/share, you would have P27.5k, or 275% return.

Now is a great time to get started in investing. PSEi is down to 6,300, from a high of over 8,000 last year. Analysts speculate that the PSEi will normalize at around 7400 by year end, or roughly the level of early 2014. The 6,000 support level was not broken so the prices of stocks most likely have bottomed out and will be on the rise in the coming months. Buy while it's cheap.

Thanks.. good info.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Sir interesting yung divident.
    Pag di ko bininta ang stocks for long year e magkakaroon ako ng divident? Tama po ba? Mga magkanu naman po yun? Sample i have 100K worth of share. Every month b yun or every year?

Thanks.
    As long as you keep the stocks, you will receive cash dividends.

There are 2 types of stocks, common and preffered stocks. Common stocks normally pays dividends at least once a year. While preffered stocks are a bit complicated. Preferred stocks maybe perpetual, cumulative, or non-cumulative.

Peso dividend per share varies per stock.
    Example:
    SMC2C pays P1.50 per share around 4 times a year.
    FPH pays P1 per share at least once a year while EDC pays P0.11.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Since stocks naman ang usapan, diba may mga life insurance na iniinvest yung pera mo sa stocks? I personally think this is the best way to invest especially sa mga zero knowledge sa stock market. Your funds will be managed by professionals for a minimum fee, and the good part is, you also have life insurance... Any thoughts?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast