New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: For OFWs: Are you willing to start a business in the Phil.?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have a plan already!

11 32.35%
  • Yes, but I don't know what business yet!

15 44.12%
  • I'm not sure because I'm not a businessman!

2 5.88%
  • No, I'm not interested!

6 17.65%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Let's have a poll para sa mga OFWs na willing na magbusiness sa Pinas. Kasama dito yong mga nareach na ang dream nila sa ibang bayan at yong mga nagsisimula palang.

Hindi naman sa pagyayabang (kasi konti lang naman naipon ko sa abroad!), I came back here sa Pinas to setup a small business. So far so good (knock on wood) and I'm helping employ good professionals. It's my little way of helping my Philippines my Philippines!

So here's the question for OFWs: Are you willing to go back to the Philippines to invest in a business after saving some money? Please vote and if you can tell us about the work you do abroad. Please be honest and no kalokohan posts please.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think the phils is a great place to start a small business. relatively young economy, a country that is growing and starting to establish its place in the asian economy...imagine how much opportunity there will be once people become more affluent and spend more.

i personally don't have a nose for business so i wouldn't establish a business regardless of where it is....but i might invest in the right person with the right idea... :idea:

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    i think the phils is a great place to start a small business. relatively young economy, a country that is growing and starting to establish its place in the asian economy...imagine how much opportunity there will be once people become more affluent and spend more.

i personally don't have a nose for business so i wouldn't establish a business regardless of where it is....but i might invest in the right person with the right idea... :idea:
    ehem ehem empy, wag ka na lumayo. and if you want inputs, my first suggestion is to get a franchise of M.Venus there and bring it here. para pag dating mo dito, di na tayo punta dun ********. ika nga, patronize your own.

p.s. lahat pa ng OFW tsikoteers na uwi sa pinas e customer natin

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I am willing to go back and start a business. However, I still do not have an idea on what business to start..plus I am still figuring out how much savings and capital should I accumulte first before going back.

There's a lot of risk involve in setting up a business..Especially a business wherein one could make money for the investor and not just providing employment for the unemployed.

I am a Chemical Engineer and I work as a Process Engineer in a Petrochemical Plant.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    37 views but only 4 voted?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Ahhh ok.... maybe they're not OFWs.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would, and hire candidates WITHOUT having to provide the following information on their application/bio-data:

1. PHOTO
    2. AGE or birth date information
    3. GENDER
    4. Religion
    5. No requirement of having a pleasing personality
    6. No college degree required as long as you can pass my competency test appropriate for the position applied

As much as possible, manufacturing business which will be geared towards our squatter residents. A business which could be employee owned as the business progress.

Then, and only then we can ACTUALLY and REALLY HELP BUILD the Philippines.

And maybe, just maybe they could be closer to reality of being able to afford a unit from one of those SO CALLED SKYSCRAPERS.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama, magtayo tayo ng branch ng M. Venus sa Pilipinas where we can hire candidates with pleasing personality. hopefully there is space in Karding's skyscraper to house our business

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    tama, magtayo tayo ng branch ng M. Venus sa Pilipinas where we can hire candidates with pleasing personality. hopefully there is space in Karding's skyscraper to house our business
    tama, front ko lang yung manufacturing business. may ibang manufacturing na mangyayari sa basement :evillaugh

langya, thread jacker talaga to si M54 and niwde amf :twak:

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    di naman kailangan ofw kapa para magbisnes sa pinas e..kailangan talaga ang bisnes para magsurvive.di naman pwedeng puro out lang ang pera.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
For OFWs: Are you willing to start a business in the Phils.?