New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    guys i have a problem here, im an OFW and i just resigned 2 weeks ago, i gave my resignation paper and it was approved, now im in the Philippines, we also talked about that my salary will be given to me 2 weeks after here in the phil. before the actual date, i was called to the manila branch office and was told that instead of receiving my salary, that i was in debt to them, that i need to pay them the amount of money equivalent to the expenses they used to send me to that country, the problem is theres no such thing in the contract that i will pay such amount, and that they cleared me already without saying anything about that.. so they are requiring me to pay 18 thousand pesos for the expenses and that i will not receive my salary for its part of the payment. They also want me to sign the agreement that i will pay it on the certain date if not they will put an interest.

I want to know if i am required to pay even though there was no such thing in the contract, and also if they sue me for not paying what should i do? thanks guys..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    sir i think you should consult poea re this matter, if there is no such thing in the contract , you dont have to honor what they said or demand, but if they force it you have all the right to sue them, and you dont have to sign anything, as you said it was not part of the contract hth

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    is there a chance for them to sue me? the company is in a different country, and they dont have any representatives here.. also is there a chance for me to win just incase they sue..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Kung wala sa contract mo, you are not liable to pay them... i think ploy lang nila yun in order to hold your salary. May agent ba sila dito sa Pinas? Direct hire ka ba?

You can pm me if you want more advice

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    you agreed to be paid after resignation??? panu nangyari yun eh di ba magcleclear ka pa sa company, then icacancel pa nila visa mo? sang country ka ba na employ sir?

i think wala silang habol sa yo kahit na me contract pa kau as long as they sign a no objection in your resignation which is i think copy forwarded to the POLO office in the country of the said employment.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I'm sure POEA can help and unless you were directly hired the local recruitment agency would be partly liable for any breach.

Need Helo From a Lawyer, Employment issue