New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    aside from first bank mentioned ano pa ang meron ganun ???
    yung tipo 10-20 percent ang return

sa stocks ok , pero rsiky

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    several banks offer UITF. and rates of UITF can go as high as 30% per annum.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by qman
    niwde11; First country bank still offer that

and they also offer the car buy back promo

Parang kung bibili ka ng cash na sasakyan sa halip na full cash ang ibayad mo 20 percent lang then let other bank finance the remaining 80 percent.

Tapos iyong 80% na cash mo eh invest mo sa kanila. They will take care of your monthly payment sa banko na inutangan mo then after 5 yrs eh bigay pa nila sayo ang 80% na cash na ininvest mo. Medyo magulo ba eto paliwanag sa primer nila eh hehehe.

www.firstcountryfinancial.com
    medyo iwas ako sa ganyang banko. high risk masyado yata yan especially TD. although narinig ko na yung about the car. sa dealer ba nakapangalan yung car during loan or sa firstcountry. sorry kung medyo OT.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11
    medyo iwas ako sa ganyang banko. high risk masyado yata yan especially TD. although narinig ko na yung about the car. sa dealer ba nakapangalan yung car during loan or sa firstcountry. sorry kung medyo OT.

nakapangalan sa bank na nag finance ang first county lang ang magbabayad ng monthly bale.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ako din namimili ng mga bangko. we experienced a bank closure once mga late 90's. isang rural bank. buti na lang deposit namin na-cover ng PDIC kahit more than 100k yun deposit. peromas kawawa yun mga kasama namin oldies na tig 1M ang deposit, matagal pa bago nila makukuha buong sum ng pera nila, and that's only principal. wala na interest. nag-liquidate ang BSP ng assets noon rural bank kaya nabayaran yun depositors, took 'em almost 8 years to repay.

bdo is quite aggressive these days. perhaps bec. of the public perception that SM malls are being constructed town after town.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you guys are talking about a huge range of assets here from a risk perspective.

t-bills are guaranteed by the central bank and are almost risk free

hedge funds are a lot like playing the lottery (but with better odds )

everything else is somewhere in between.

potential investors need to really take a good hard look at what their risk aversion is - if you're somebody who needs to cash out in 5 years or else hindi makakapag-college ang anak nyo, i'd strongly advise against investing in a hedge fund, or even stocks unless you're highly diversified. these CD's, money market funds, or t-bills might be your best bet.

now if you're young, single and are willing to gamble, sige na sa mga hedge funds. just be aware that you have a chance to lose it ALL.

a final note on hedge funds:

take a long hard look at the fund manager. do you have a good reason why you should entrust your money with him, versus a finance company, a bank or even yourself? does he have the knowledge and connections? what's his track record in good times and bad times - the bad times is important, because any moron could have made 100% in 1999 and 2000 just by buying a few internet stocks...the real question is, how did he do in 2003?
    Last edited by empy; March 22nd, 2006 at 09:53 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ang sarap pala trabaho ng isang fund manager. pano ba maging ganun? sniffing where the money is ...

now I know why this broker friend of mine is opening up a franchise shop of his own almost every 2 months in the malls and in the provinces. target nya ngaun year na'to 15 shops at 3M++/shop. kaya pala may parati may mini-office sya sa bawat branch. galing ah! tatambay na nga ako sa brokerage firm nila sa tektite. hirap lang kasi 8am-12am trading time, kung kelan dami ginagawa sa work.
    Last edited by oldblue; March 22nd, 2006 at 04:52 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    instead of starting a new thread, dito na lang ako post..

i have a time deposit with BDO in the amount of 6000 usd, which will be maturing very soon. right now, i am not satisfied with the interest rate. i would like to ask for opinions as to what is the best way to go about investing my 6000 usd out of all the investment services BDO offers. i can do away with 1 year maturity periods since ive set this money for investment use only.

http://www.bdo.com.ph/Investment_Business/

thanks.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Some things to ask yourself when investing:

1. How long are you planning to make it earn without taking it out?
    2. In an emergency, is this something you would pull out?
    3. How much risk can you take? Are you affected by the daily movement of the value of your investment or are you looking at the long term growth potential?

Questions like these (and more) are asked by your financial advisor to find what sort of investment is right for you.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sensya na ngayon ko lang nabasa 'tong thread na 'to.....Mr. Colayco is not really endorsing Philequity is he? I was studying local fund managers here and it seemed pare-pareho halos lahat...though Philam and Philequity ang parang napipili namin for the mutual or balanced funds. Yung sa BDO, maganda yun at almost 12% per annum.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Mutual Funds, Bond, Treasury Bills etc.