New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    I remember some time ago a bank who offers the depositor a free car provided the he/she keeps a certain amount of deposit in the bank untouched for x years.
    Gaano naman kaya katagal yun sir, kahit rough estimate?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I remember some time ago a bank who offers the depositor a free car provided the he/she keeps a certain amount of deposit in the bank untouched for x years.
    those were the days..
    there was also "double your money in 5.5 years"...
    sigh..
    today.. even a free floor polisher or coffee maker.. wala pa...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Why are we even discussing this?[/QUOTE]

because we (o sige... they!) have money to burn !
    you can join in, sir...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KenGarcia View Post
    Gaano naman kaya katagal yun sir, kahit rough estimate?
    More likely at least 5 years similar to the double-your-money scheme mentioned by dr d. But I think that was like 10 yrs ago!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    You will have to ask yourself, do you need the car? If you do, then get your money and buy one. Saving money should be a means to an end, not an end in itself. Mayroon ako officemate, saksakan ng kuripot, tuwing dumarating sa office pawis na pawis, pero milyones ang pera sa stocks. Para sa kanya kaligayahan ang makita na lumalago ang pera niya. Tinatanong namin para saan at kanino siya nag-iipon, wala lang daw gustolang niya.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SUV hahahaha!

Meron na sa bank saka equity. Konting saya naman.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

More likely at least 5 years similar to the double-your-money scheme mentioned by dr d. But I think that was like 10 yrs ago!
    yes. it was 10 years ago.
    after that... malaki na ang 5 or 6 %... kung mamalasin pa, hindi sayo sasabihin yung hidden charges nila..
    Last edited by dr. d; September 19th, 2015 at 02:03 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    You will have to ask yourself, do you need the car? If you do, then get your money and buy one. Saving money should be a means to an end, not an end in itself. Mayroon ako officemate, saksakan ng kuripot, tuwing dumarating sa office pawis na pawis, pero milyones ang pera sa stocks. Para sa kanya kaligayahan ang makita na lumalago ang pera niya. Tinatanong namin para saan at kanino siya nag-iipon, wala lang daw gustolang niya.
    Exactly! Just like my Tita who flies economy when she has so much money in the bank. My Mom and I keep on telling her she should fly business at her age (at least for long haul flights) but she says she is comfortable flying economy She is that type of person who finds happiness in knowing that her money is growing or she made a good deal or got the cheaper option. There's no goal or purpose talaga, she likes to save money just because.

Yung mga ganyan tao kahit gaano karami ang pera sa bangko malabong bumili ng latest SUV for happiness hehe

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Exactly! Just like my Tita who flies economy when she has so much money in the bank. My Mom and I keep on telling her she should fly business at her age (at least for long haul flights) but she says she is comfortable flying economy She is that type of person who finds happiness in knowing that her money is growing or she made a good deal or got the cheaper option. There's no goal or purpose talaga, she likes to save money just because.

Yung mga ganyan tao kahit gaano karami ang pera sa bangko malabong bumili ng latest SUV for happiness hehe
    do we have the same tita?
    everyone in our clan, knows that our tita is the richest... even as she is the worst dresser.. worst home-owner.. worst market buyer ("bakit mo binili yan?" "...itong mura, e...")
    quripot numero uno!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    SUV makes sense. Saan ka ba pwede mag pick up ng hot chicks or magbabarumbado sa daan or i-bubully and mga mc or smaller cars kung passbook lang hawak mo na may laman na milyones?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast