New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    FRANKFURT – German luxury women's fashion label Escada declared bankruptcy on Thursday, contrasting with an upbeat mood after official data showed Germany had emerged from recession in the second quarter.

The company, which counts US actress Kim Basinger among its customers and whose clothes have been advertised by supermodel Eva Herzigova, employs 2,300 people around the world including around 600 in Germany.

"Management and employees hope the group will continue to exist," a spokesman for Escada told AFP.

"Everything will depend on what form the bankruptcy will take," he said.

The bankruptcy filing will be examined by a judge in Munich who will then appoint an administrator for the company. Negotiations with the company's bondholders on a restructuring deal fell through earlier this week.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle...res-bankruptcy

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sabi ko na nga ba hindi magtatagal itong Ecada na ito. Unang una ang mamahal ng damit! For a pair of pants alone its 15-30K and sometimes for a blouse it's 40-80K! Yikes!

Tapos magsasale sila ng 30-70% minsan up to 80% off kase wala na bumibili ng damit nila!

I think they should just stick to perfumes! (hehehe)

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I guess we need these luxury brands. it's a way for the rich to spread the wealth around. If the rich won't spend there wouldn't be jobs for tailors in India, or leather producers elsewhere in southeast asia or africa.

kaya LR, spend away! Don't be so modest I know you can buy those in full price

a bailout for these luxury brands should be in order. :rofl:

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    I guess we need these luxury brands. it's a way for the rich to spread the wealth around. If the rich won't spend there wouldn't be jobs for tailors in India, or leather producers elsewhere in southeast asia or africa.

kaya LR, spend away! Don't be so modest I know you can buy those in full price

a bailout for these luxury brands should be in order. :rofl:

Nyahahaha puro nga sila sale na eh! Ang hirap kaya i-market ng kanilang damit dito sa atin! The owner of this shop in Manila is the wife of John Lu Koa, the owner of French Baker.

Sa totoo lang, wala talaga kase masyado nabili ng damit nila and since the clothes are expensive, very limited ang stocks nila. Saka hindi kase bagay dito sa atin ang kanilang clothing line kase hindi naman tayo 4 season country.

Ang gusto ko lang sa Escada yung mga perfume nila kase ang bango!
    Last edited by LadyRider; August 14th, 2009 at 02:04 PM.

Luxury brand goes BUST!