New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Love of job, not salary makes workers’ stay – Study

[mig]http://www.mb.com.ph/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/498.jpg[/img]

Love of job over higher pay has emerged as the number one reason employees prefer to stay with their current employers, revealed a recent survey by an online recruitment firm.

“The top reason why employees stay with their current employers is because they love what they are doing,” a survey conducted by JobStreet.com. stated.

According to a survey result released over the weekend, seventy-five percent of respondents, who are currently looking for work, said salary is a very important factor when it comes to job satisfaction. However, respondents also claimed that salary is not the main reason why they stay with their current employer. The statement did not say how many respondents participated in the survey as well as the period covered.

The survey revealed the top five reasons for people who leave their jobs are: Offer of a higher salary, offer of better benefits, do not get along with colleagues, offer of a better work schedule, and lack of recognition.

On the other hand, people generally stay at their jobs simply because they want to. “I love what I’m doing” is a very strong reason when it comes to job satisfaction. Majority of the respondents, say they stay at their current jobs because they like what they are doing. People leave when they don’t like what they do, regardless of other factors such as compensation, tenure, or having friends in the office.

more....
    Love of job, not salary makes workers? stay ? Study | Manila Bulletin | Latest Breaking News | News Philippines
    Agree ba kayo dito mga sirs?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I very much agree.

I am UNHAPPY with my salary but I love my boss and colleagues. The location of my office is also very convenient for me so I don't get stress from my daily commute which is a major factor for me.

I can deal with a low salary but I cannot deal with a horrible boss or colleagues and I definitely will not work and not be allowed to work outside my driving radius. So I've been in my current job for 5 yrs. It's quite a feat for me!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I very much agree.

I am UNHAPPY with my salary but I love my boss and colleagues.

I can deal with a low salary but I cannot deal with a horrible boss or colleagues and I definitely will not work and not be allowed to work outside my driving radius. So I've been in my current job for 5 yrs. It's quite a feat for me!
    Nasasabi mo lang yan kasi may KAYA ang family mo at wala ka pang family na bubuhayin.

Sino ba ang umaasa syo? Aso?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    So long as your boss is supportive, having disagreeable and nasty colleagues is acceptable

In fact, it is a challenge

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    As long as kaya mong sikmurain un mga kasama mo sa opisina (in case na hindi kayo nagkapalagayan ng loob), mabubuhay ka pa rin niyan. Pag gusto, gagawan ng paraan.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    hindi ba medyo off, last reason para mag stay sa company ang salary, pero number one sya na reason para umalis?

when bills are piling up, some would not give a sht about anything else as long as it pays the bills.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    Sino ba ang umaasa syo? Aso?
    I support myself now. I have been having a hard time since I started paying for my gas but I deal with it na lang and adjusted my lifestyle rather than leave my job

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by madduck View Post
    hindi ba medyo off, last reason para mag stay sa company ang salary, pero number one sya na reason para umalis?

when bills are piling up, some would not give a sht about anything else as long as it pays the bills.
    I guess if the price is right. I am content with my work now but if I am offered double my salary, even if I had to work with the devil incarnate, mapapaisip ako umalis :bwahaha:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually true.

years back.... i gave up a 6 figure salary because my boss (the president) and I can't agree on most of the things.. parang negated ang position ko nun (Chief Operations Officer). mas may tiwala pa sya dun sa Finance Manager namin na most of the time, yun ang pinakikinggan.

but now, ok lang ang salary, pero buo ang tiwala ng boss ko (also the president) sa akin.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    No, workers will move out if they think the offer is better. Everybody, always want the best.
    Job can be loved too if you were offered a BMW over your Corolla.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast