New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    They will pay you lump sum early retirement and then you can come back pa after? Highly doubtful. Its like they paid you millions to go on vacation. No company does that

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EQAddict; July 6th, 2020 at 05:51 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    They will pay you lump sum retirement and then you can come back pa after? Highly doubtful. Its like they paid you millions to go on vacation. No company does that

Kaya nga eh.

And not working for 1-2years is like no to millions.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    They will pay you lump sum early retirement and then you can come back pa after? Highly doubtful. Its like they paid you millions to go on vacation. No company does that

Yes but only IF you leave as a HiPo (High performing employee). My VP Manila already informed me of this, BUT, I have to work for another company para I get an increase if I go back. I told her I will go to the US na lang muna.

Also, hindi naman ako retirement, redundant ako, I declined my redeployment to another department.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Cathy sabi ng cousin mo mag online seller ka nalang

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Cathy sabi ng cousin mo mag online seller ka nalang
    Lagot talaga ko when he finds out that I did not stay in the company. Ang future ko daw online seller sa facebook LOL! Those people earn a lot of money kaya! But I think it should be a sideline, iba pa rin yung prestige ng corporate.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

some of my college classmates did something like that.
    they were advised by the company to retire, with full honors.
    then they were re-hired by the same company under another job label, but doing exactly what they were doing before retirement.
    may suweldo na, may lump sum/pension pa.

sometimes, i think i went to the wrong profession...
    Last edited by dr. d; July 6th, 2020 at 08:05 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Must have been very demoralizing then for the people who stayed behind while seeing their peers get paid handsomely to leave and come back.

That is an idiotic and wasteful practice. Imagine being the owner of a company and finding out:

1. Your HR offers a generous lump sum early retirement package to employees as part of a cost savings plan for the future.

2. Several people avail of it and you pay them their millions. The plan is you also get to lower your headcount and opex or replace older and more expensive people with younger and more affordable ones.

3. One year later you rehire these early retired employees and with the same salary or better.

Whats the logic there? Early retirement packages are mechanisms to help the company save money in the long term and care for the employees affected.

In the example you gave, the company just threw away money and paid for free and expensive vacations. They also didnt lower their costs, nor get fresh blood.

There is also the morale factor to consider. Those that stayed behind will feel short changed and resentful. I should know. It happened once or twice in my company until the big bosses got wind of it and told HR to never repeat it.

It happens i get it. But its unfair, wasteful and downright incompetent on the part of HR.

Last edited by EQAddict; July 7th, 2020 at 06:58 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Fck my life

I just had a 2 hour call with the director of projects. It was supposed to be a 30 min call for me to explain why I am rejecting the role. I think she knew that I was going to reject the role so when I said that I am not a technical person, she said her team is diverse so I can choose to do other roles.

I told her I want the AVP role and I don't think I can get it in her team since there is an HR constraint na minimum tenure - she said she will give me a big ticket project and will ask for the help of the director in headquarters to endorse me so I can get it 2021 OMG!!

Then I told her I need to go to the US for 3 to 4 mos and she said she will hire a temporary person as backfill daw while I am away

I was also very flattered because she said she needs my expertise in the team at may branding na daw ako sa company (thank God that our counterparts always drop my name when it comes to my specialization)

She also told me that my VP boss now will be disappointed if she is not able to hire me because my VP called her to make sure that I am retained in the company

OMG!!! So many reasons to stay! SET NA KO to get my package but now Director is making it hard for me! She is asking me to please stay and help her implement her projects muna. Tuturuan din ako sa agile methodology which will make me more marketable daw. I will also learn SAP 4 HANA, kasi now SAP R3 pa samin LOL

I don't know what is the right decision anymore

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Fck my life

I just had a 2 hour call with the director of projects. It was supposed to be a 30 min call for me to explain why I am rejecting the role. I think she knew that I was going to reject the role so when I said that I am not a technical person, she said her team is diverse so I can choose to do other roles.

I told her I want the AVP role and I don't think I can get it in her team since there is an HR constraint na minimum tenure - she said she will give me a big ticket project and will ask for the help of the director in headquarters to endorse me so I can get it 2021 OMG!!

Then I told her I need to go to the US for 3 to 4 mos and she said she will hire a temporary person as backfill daw while I am away

I was also very flattered because she said she needs my expertise in the team at may branding na daw ako sa company (thank God that our counterparts always drop my name when it comes to my specialization)

She also told me that my VP boss now will be disappointed if she is not able to hire me because my VP called her to make sure that I am retained in the company

OMG!!! So many reasons to stay! SET NA KO to get my package but now Director is making it hard for me! She is asking me to please stay and help her implement her projects muna. Tuturuan din ako sa agile methodology which will make me more marketable daw. I will also learn SAP 4 HANA, kasi now SAP R3 pa samin LOL

I don't know what is the right decision anymore
    Oi SAP professional kana? Hehehe... been there... Yeah SAP HANA is what most of the industry is availing now... go for it na... SAP originate from Germany, they might send you there for trAining... Job Prospects in the Time of Corona Virus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Fck my life

told you about this... kaya mo bang i-disappoint ang VP boss mo?

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast