New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I am at a crossroads.

January 2020, HQ announced that our whole department will be outsourced to India (cost cutting). This broke my heart because I just came back from my Sabbatical leave in 2019. I was in the US during my Sabbatical and among the reasons why I went back was because I love my job and my VP boss promised me a promotion to AVP in 2020, this was supposed to be in 2019 but because I had to take a sabbatical leave, I was disqualified.

My VP boss does not want me to leave the organization so I was offered several roles

1. Transfer to India - I declined this because I don't want work there

2. STA in Japan - this was offered by the VP of Asia Pacific with a promotion to AVP but because our company implemented a global travel ban and I can't be sent to Japan anymore, I declined the role

3. Role in Manila - I have until June 30 to decide. Director called me 3 days ago asking me if I want to take on a role in their department because they need my specific expertise (I am an SME in the org). It was my VP who called the director and said that I was interested in their department, I never made a commitment! I am feeling guilty because yesterday an AVP in our department found out that they are talking about me at Director and Managing Director level in HQ and they OPENED a position just for me

I am extremely flattered that the heads want to keep and my VP boss is doing everything to help me, but there is a side of me that wants to just leave my company and opt for a redundancy package (we are entitled to this since they dissolved our whole department)

I asked the opinion of several people and this is the tally

Crush - Stay
    Kuya - Stay
    Office BFF - Stay
    Office Buddy - Stay
    Manyak Officemate - Stay
    ULS - Stay
    Former VP - package/stay
    Office GFs - package
    Mom - whatever

Those who said STAY:

1. Job security - companies are down sizing and I am lucky to have a job that gives me 100% salary while working from home
    2. Promotion - AVP role will be an advantage when I leave ( HOWEVER, there is an HR constraint that the earliest I will get this is 2021 ata since a minimum tenure in a NEW role is required - ang tagal!)
    3. HMO - our company has great medical benefits
    4. Perks - Manila Role being offered to me has similar perks to my current (flexible hours, work from home and no people to handle)
    5. Money - I will spend all the lump sum in a year
    6. Age - I'm in my late 30s and it might be hard to switch companies
    7. Bargaining Power - almost NIL?
    8. Expat prospects - My VP told me to stay put in the org and he will find a way to get me to HQ

Those who said package:

1. Look for a job but do NOT be picky and then resign when you need to back to the US
    2. New and wider circle in a new company
    3. Since my reason to stay is my boss and my role, might as well explore opportunities outside
    4. Higher salary in a new company
    5. Higher role in a new company
    6. I need to return to the US next year for a minimum of 3 months and I can't do this in a new role or job

Whether I stay or go, I will have a hard time adjusting to a new job because my bosses spoiled me too much Also, my Kuya said my reasons for package are all ASSUMPTIONS.

I've been with the company for 11 years and I was supposed to resign last year pa talaga, the former head of our department said it looks like fate is pushing me towards another direction, away from the company.

My Kuya said if this happened without Corona virus, he would advise me to take the package, but now job security is priority. My initial plan was to take the package and stay jobless, work on improving myself (diet and exercise) until Dec 2020 then work again January 2021 and then resign after 6 mos to go back to the US.

HR has not talked to us yet but news is they will offer the package to those that have no roles by July 1, so that is why the director gave me until June 30 to decide.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Prepare that acceptance email for the offer. Send it on the 29th.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Whenever I hit a crossroad, I use Waze.

Stay, dont worry you will get your redundancy package the moment they think your no longer needed.
    At your age, start planning your retirement and bucket list, you must have a job to do these.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Stay

Message too short

5. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Eto yung glaring eh. If not for this, I'd say stay din.

Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    6. I need to return to the US next year for a minimum of 3 months and I can't do this in a new role or job
    So ang mangyayari kelangan mo din magresign next year either sa same company or new, tama ba? Eh di ganun din. You will still eventually be looking for a new job amidst the pandemic, wala ka pang package.

If "sure" yung package, dun ako. Again, if sure. Taking your time off, working on your self while waiting to fly to the US sounds like a good idea. Feeling ko kapag nakapagreflect ka, feel better about yourself, that will be good for you. You might even meet someone new. We're more attractive when we're happier diba. In the meantime pwede ka magbusiness sa shopee. Malay mo diba.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
    Eto yung glaring eh. If not for this, I'd say stay din.

So ang mangyayari kelangan mo din magresign next year either sa same company or new, tama ba? Eh di ganun din. You will still eventually be looking for a new job amidst the pandemic, wala ka pang package.

If "sure" yung package, dun ako. Again, if sure. Taking your time off, working on your self while waiting to fly to the US sounds like a good idea. Feeling ko kapag nakapagreflect ka, feel better about yourself, that will be good for you. You might even meet someone new. We're more attractive when we're happier diba. In the meantime pwede ka magbusiness sa shopee. Malay mo diba.

Going to the US for what? Lose a senior role?

We are in unstable times.

40M+ US job losses
    10M unconfirmed PH job losses

7. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Going to the US for what? Lose a senior role?

We are in unstable times.

40M+ US job losses
    10M unconfirmed PH job losses
    Ask Cathy I'm not the one who needs to go back to the US

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    cat

kung pupunta ka ng US, wag ka na bumalik.

note the chat replay....

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    STAY STAY STAY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    May 2019
    Lapit na deadline di na ata abot ito.. Nag check na po ba kayo Ms. Cathy ng job opening sa ibang companies? Depende po sa demand nung position na target nyo.. Baka naman po In-Demand kahit may COVID-19.. Grab nyo na ang package tutal ayaw nyo naman dun sa position na inaalok sa inyo.. Maghanap na lang ng bago kung madali lang naman mag-apply.. Mahirap mag-work kapag hindi swak yung role tapos hindi mo din trip magiging katrabaho mo..

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast